Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+8
Blood Angel
Cannibal_Corpse
Valkyrja
Mizz Lola Marie Efron
LiONLAMBxox
Pretty_Twisted
lovehate91
trizn
12 posters

That thing that Jacob did...

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

That thing that Jacob did... Empty That thing that Jacob did...

Post  trizn Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 pm

You know what I mean. Jacob uh- "forcing" Bella to admit she loved him & to ask him to kiss her. Discuss peeps. Not diss & cuss...

:tease:
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Number of posts : 346
    Job/hobbies : Student(HS)
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

That thing that Jacob did... Empty Re: That thing that Jacob did...

Post  lovehate91 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 pm

I hated that..
    It reminded me of me a little bit, though. I've done that with my Wesley. After we fight, just trying to get him to forgive me.
    This time I don't attribute it as a mistake of SM's, I think it was a nice scene. I just thought it horrible that Jacob would do that.
    I'm hypocritical though. More like, I have a double standard. I guess it's just because I feel like boys should NEVER be forceful with girls.

Then again, it's kind of romantic..

I shouldn't even post on this topic, I have suck mixed opinion! lol
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 pm

OK, i dont think Jacob 'forced' Bella into anything.

This is the one topic on TwiFo that has me going werewolf all the time. But anyway, i will say what i want here as well.

He didnt 'force' her into anything, all he did was kiss her once, and she punched him in the face, Bella knew this was going to happen eventually, she was a little prepared for it, although not as prepared as she should have been. I mean, she forgave him anyway because there was nothing in it.

The second time, well, Jacob went about it the wrong way, but my heart broke and i forgot all about Edward for a minute and was glad Bella ASKED Jacob to kiss her, because actions speak louder then words, and it was a good thing for Bella to be able to finally see that she loved Jacob as well.

You cant keep things like that bottled up inside, and it was, in my opinion for the better that she knew what she was feeling. I mean, we all knew she would stay with Edward anyway, but i just dont see anything wrong wih getting someone to admit there feelings.

I mean, people keep saying this makes Jacob a bad person, i dont see how it does, i mean, i relate to Jacob on this level, because i HAD to SHOW Troy how i felt or her wouldnt be with me right now, i know that, and he knows that.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:30 pm

i mean this is the best possible way... just saying....

the first kiss made me mad, but i didnt really think it was too big of a deal... it happens

i was furious reading about the second kiss though. no i dont think that jacob forced bella into anything, but that DOES NOT mean that he was right. bella DID need to understand that she loved him... but he went too far. to THREATEN SUICIDE!?!??!!! that was horrible, wrong, and immature. even if bella DIDNT love him, unless she was a heartless monster, she would have asked him to kiss her there to stop him from killing himself. jacob was totally in fault there. bella SHOULD have known him better than that, but there was NO WAY that jacob should have taken that as far as he did.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Your right, he shouldnt have handled it that way. But it was that kiss that made Bella realise she loved him after all. And im sure, regardless of whatever Jacob said he would have kissed Bella again eventually anyway, and being Edward can read minds, he probably knew that as well, which could be why he wasnt so angry, just a bit upset...

So yeah, i agree, Jacob went about it wrong, but sometimes you have to do irrational things to get your point across or to get what you want. And he is only 16, he isnt exactly a mature adult, and even then, im sure some adults do irrational and stupid things to get what they want. Lord knows i do.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

lovehate91 wrote:I hated that..
    It reminded me of me a little bit, though. I've done that with my Wesley. After we fight, just trying to get him to forgive me.
    This time I don't attribute it as a mistake of SM's, I think it was a nice scene. I just thought it horrible that Jacob would do that.
    I'm hypocritical though. More like, I have a double standard. I guess it's just because I feel like boys should NEVER be forceful with girls.

Then again, it's kind of romantic..

I shouldn't even post on this topic, I have suck mixed opinion! lol

You seem to have a similar opinion to me, lol. So, I think it was pretty bad for Jacob to do that. It was wrong. But, he did later regret it and asked for forgiveness. There's also the fact that Jake was a 16 year old boy and all guys are immature at that age, lol. He grows up more, in BD.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 pm

no no i agree with you... jake was young... but being young doesnt excuse everything. i would almost rather him HAVE just flat out kissed her than to have him manipulate her like that. but idk. i do understand... desperate times call for desperate measures. i dont like that he did it, but i can KIND OF understand why... but that doesnt mean i think that it was right.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Well, he grew up and that's all that matters.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 pm

As with Mary, that kiss that earned Jacob a punch from Bella was fine. Jacob should've known already than to tell Bella she'd have to ask him the next time. It was like him assuming Bella would really ask him. At the battle in the clearing, Jacob somehow realized Bella wasn't going to ask him to kiss her because he KNEW she loved Edward more. But he deviced a plan to have her admit she loved him, too & that would eventually have her ask him to kiss her.

I hated that part. Jacob shouldn't have thought about it. That kiss may have been to let Bella realize her true feelings for Edward. But it also just hurt the 2 guys. I was thinking of Edward that whole time. I would've had him not to return in NM if Bella will just do that to him. It was like she was 2-timing him. GRRRRRRRRR.... And Jacob trying to let her love him the way he loves her...

Nooooo... I couldn't have that. I want my ♥️Edward♥️ happy!!!

Last edited by Flair on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:31 pm

LoXcaXlove wrote:Well, he grew up and that's all that matters.

not really.... its a good thing that he grew up, but just because he grew up doesnt mean that everything that happend in the past should be forgotten. and that goes for everyone not just jake. plus he didnt really grow out of his irrationality... example... when he told charlie in breaking dawn. he was just thinking about him and nessie... he didnt really think about the consequences that this would have for anyone else... some thing for the kiss. he was only thinking about how much he wanted bella... he wasnt thinking about any consequences that his actions could have.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm

I agree with much of what was said here.
    I think that Jacob probably realized that what he did was wrong, but he did it anyway. Enamoured young boys often do those things. Rolling Eyes

Actually, I have to admit that I've done similar with Wes several times, as I said.
    I still don't think it was right of him, but I completely understand why he would do it. I guess I don't blame him. Like I said, though, I just hate it when boys are forceful.

Even though it's romantic, in an odd way.

I also think that this is one of the times that SM showed a really good understanding of teen psychology, might I add.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 pm

lovehate91 wrote:I also think that this is one of the times that SM showed a really good understanding of teen psychology, might I add.

Too much of teen psychology. LOL.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:13 am

Well me and my sister, who is 35, were having this argument when we were in the hospital this afternoon, and she is slowely turning to my side, not saying she is agreeing with me in the fact the only thing that was wrong was how Jacob went about it. But she dont hate Jacob for it anymore, we were getting pretty loud at one point that nurse came and told us to shut up.

I have said it before, Jacob did go about it wrong, but i still think in the end it didnt make much of a difference, and JJacob did mature a little but, but not to much, which is fine by me, i like his immaruity and rash thinking....

Sad

Poor Jacob, he was so confused, he was hurt, he was in love with Bella, and knew deep down that he couldnt have her, and he acted on impulse, i dont see anything wrong with that, but as i have said, he could have handled it better.

But mix teenage hormones with the fact that you are in love with some one who has been leading you on and stuff like that and crazy things will happen....
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Pretty_Twisted wrote:Poor Jacob, he was so confused, he was hurt, he was in love with Bella, and knew deep down that he couldnt have her, and he acted on impulse, i dont see anything wrong with that, but as i have said, he could have handled it better.

But mix teenage hormones with the fact that you are in love with some one who has been leading you on and stuff like that and crazy things will happen....

I wholeheartedly agree with that!
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:39 pm

now i agree with most of what you said. and i was never fully mad at jacob for that. i was mad at bella too. she should have known jacob enough to know that he wasnt really going to do that. but i agree. he was young, but i also don't think that there was "nothing wrong with it." it WAS wrong. but jacob wasnt the only one who was wrong, and thats where a lot of people go wrong. they put all the blame on jake. edward probably shouldnt have left them alone if he wanted to prevent that. he could read jake's mind, and he HAD to have been thinking along those lines, and bella DEFINATELY shouldnt have asked for it.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:14 pm

I know what you mean Mary, i mean, everyone is putting all the blame on Jacob, but, Bella and, even Edward deserve some blame as well....Especially Bella, she was the one that asked for him to kiss her, but maybe she really did think he would do that if she didnt ask. And again, that could have been helped by Edward not walking away, like you said, he can read minds, he would have known what Jacob was thinking and been able to sort it out before it got to that point.

I got to admit, i loved Edward alot after the fight, when Jacob got hurt Edward was at his house with Carlisle and stayed there and stuff, i was all, awwwwww, i like Edward more now, being able to do that after what Jacob did and kissing Bella and all that stuff...
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

haha i wasnt mad at edward though! i was mad at jake and bella. but i can admit that he probably shouldnt have left! i was more thinking POOOOR POOR EDWARDDDD! expecially after bella went to see jake and he meets her in her truck and after she cries asks her if she was SURE that she made the right choice. i was like EDWARDDDDDDDD omg! bella you ho! rofl.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Pretty_Twisted wrote:that could have been helped by Edward not walking away, like you said, he can read minds, he would have known what Jacob was thinking and been able to sort it out before it got to that point.

Edward was just giving Bella the choice. After all, Bella was the one who'd make the choice on who she wants to be with. So, he left & let Jake & Bella talk, thus the "Grrr kiss". Edward already knew what Jake was thinking of/about. But then again, we can't erase the fact that Edward knew Bella can have a normal life with Jake & he would rather have Bella remain human.

I just wish I was there to comfort Edward. Sad cuddle
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:13 am

I was mad at Jake, but he learned from his mistakes.
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 768
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

Post  Valkyrja Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:06 pm

LiONLAMBxox wrote:the first kiss made me mad, but i didnt really think it was too big of a deal... it happens

i was furious reading about the second kiss though. no i dont think that jacob forced bella into anything, but that DOES NOT mean that he was right. bella DID need to understand that she loved him... but he went too far. to THREATEN SUICIDE!?!??!!! that was horrible, wrong, and immature. even if bella DIDNT love him, unless she was a heartless monster, she would have asked him to kiss her there to stop him from killing himself. jacob was totally in fault there. bella SHOULD have known him better than that, but there was NO WAY that jacob should have taken that as far as he did.
    I second this.

Mizz Lola Marie Efron wrote:Well, he grew up and that's all that matters.
    Yes, it is true, he grew up. But at what cost? He imprinted on Renesmee. I don't know what's worst. He loving Bella to the point of doing things he may regret later or imprinting on Renesmee.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Imprinting on Renesmee is WAYYYYYYYYYY worse then ANYTHING he done that he may regret later on in regards to Bella, i mean, i threw my book when he imprinted on Renesmee, but when he was all in love with Bella and doing all these crazy things i felt for him, i know what he felt like, me and Troy were in that exact position before we got together, and it wasnt until i just went out on a limb and kissed him, because it is easier to show your feelings then to speak them, that we ended up together. So i really dont see anything wrong with what Jacob did at all, i mean, i admit, the second kiss could have been handled better.....
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:46 pm

haha you dont think theres anything wrong with threatening suicide tennille? unless you were referring to the first kiss. that wasnt okay, but it wasnt horrible.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 pm

hahaha...

There was NOTHING wrong with the first kiss, but you right, it isnt right to threaten suicide, he could have done it in a more kind and original way, i agree with that.

I dont know, maybe because of TwiFo, this is the touchiest subject for me to discuss rationally from the books, i mean, i was getting smashed on TwiFo from all these Edward fans and Anti's who just wouldnt listen to what i had to say, so maybe i just get a little worked up over nothing.

I dont know, maybe i will just have to agree to disagree, i mean, i know Jacob shouldnt have threatened suicide, that aint right, and he could have handled it better, but it does happen in real life. I have a friend who's ex boyfriend said the same thing, and she ended up going back with him after that. So yeah, i know he shouldnt have dont that.

Ok, i will try not think about the lashings i got on TwiFo and facebook when i post her, i mean, i heart you guys, you are all fawesome, i just, i dont know, get all worked up when this topic is discussed....
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:58 pm

hahaha no, i understand. when they say that jake like sexually harassed bella or something. thats bs. haha i agree. there wasnt a whole lot wrong with the first kiss as long as jake can deal with the consequences lol. there are touchy topics for me too... (anything anti edward actually) so i understand that you get upset. i would too if it was something about edward.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Well i got to admit, no-one on here has said Jacob sexual harrased Bella, that makes me feel a little bit better, because that works me up to the point where i snap, i even got asked in TwiFo to calm down by a mod, and i just took the easy way out and avoided that thread for a while.....lol....

I am the same as you, anything anti Jacob and i jump on the denfensive, it just happens, like natural instinct. Gets me in some trouble sometimes when people dont want to listen....lol...

And, i am sure Jacob could deal with the conseuqence's, after everything he has been through im sure he would deal just fine.

I mean, he does act out irrationally sometimes, but that is one of the many things i love about Jacob. Even if it does get him into a bit of trouble.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:04 pm