Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+6
Vampiria
Jasper'sMineForever
magic
LiONLAMBxox
Pretty_Twisted
trizn
10 posters

*Subject* Vampire Lore

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

*Subject* Vampire Lore Empty *Subject* Vampire Lore

Post  trizn Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 pm

We define the word "vampire" and learn the legends about them. We talk about the stories from around the world. This should be interesting. We also differentiate Stephenie Meyer's vampires from the other kinds of vampires that the world knows.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

*Subject* Vampire Lore Empty Re: *Subject* Vampire Lore

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:02 am

Ohhh i like this topic, i will do this class. It is freaky you did this class because for the past hour i have been typing up the difference between shapeshifters and lycanthropes...lol...and i was going to make a class out of it.

Hmmm....

I believe vampire's have been the most evolved supernatural being of all (even though i believe they are real, how can something with that much histroy and lore not have been real at least at one point in time). There are so many stories on vampire's. Lets see, most people believe Dracula, Vlad the Impala to be the first vampiric story, but it goes back further then that...For instance...

The Oxford English Dictionary dates the first appearance of the word vampire in English from 1734, in a travelogue titled Travels of Three English Gentlemen published in the Harleian Miscellany in 1745. Vampires had already been discussed in German literature. After Austria gained control of northern Serbia and Oltenia in 1718, officials noted the local practice of exhuming bodies and "killing vampires.,

In 1612 after a young man was exhumed to be examined for a crime and his body was no longer in his tomb. It was believed he rose from the grave and that the missing children and women in the area, who were later found with their throats ripped out, were killed by the man who rose from the grave, known by his french name Vampyr. (this is how we got the word Vampire. It was someone's name).

It was believed they found his body later on, or what they believed to be his body, torn apart by what appeared to be either some kind of bear or wolf (insert werewolf and vampire hating each other comment here). Although people are discounting this story as there was no way to identify a person's body back then other then looking at it.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:17 am

I was able to find the Vampires A-Z site that Stephenie may have stumbled upon while writing Twilight. As far as I can remember she cited these:

Danag
    Area from/nationality: Filipino. Vampire held to be very ancient as a species, responsible for having planted taro on the islands long ago. The Danag worked with humans for many years but the partnership ended one day when a woman cut her finger and a Danag sucked her wound, enjoying the taste so much that it drained her body completely of blood.

Estrie
    Area from/nationality: Hebrew. A spirit, always female and invariably assuming the shape of a vampire. The Estrie is considered to be an incorporeal spirit of evil that has taken the form of flesh and blood, and lives among humanity to satisfy its need for blood. Its favorite prey is said to be children, although no one is considered safe when it needs to feed.

Lobishomen
    Area from/nationality: Brazilian. Vampire, that preys mainly on women. It does not actually kill its victims preferring instead to draw small amounts of blood. After its attack, the woman begins to display nymphomaniac tendencies

Stregoni Benefici
    An Italian vampire, said to be on the side of goodness, and a mortal enemy of all evil vampires.

Varacolaci
    Area from/Nationality: Romanian. Vampire that ranks among the most powerful of all the undead. It is said to have the ability to cause both lunar and solar eclipses. They may appear as pale humans with dry skin. They can travel on an astral thread, the midnight spinning, traveling as far as need as long as the thread remains unbroken.

Now this, will stop those arguments how Edward can father a child:

Incubus
    Area from/nationality: unconfirmed - European. Without doubt one of the most famous forms of vampires, the male form of the Succubus, the Incubus used to visit women at night, make love to them and torment their dreams. It posses all the characteristic properties of the vampire, with nightly visits to its victims, draining of life and strength and extreme sexual desire. Like vampires found among Gypsy and Slavic communities it can father children.

Succubus
    Area from/Nationality: unconfirmed - European. A female vampire, a fiend that visits men in their sleep to torment their dreams and engage them in sex. The Succubus could render a victim totally exhausted in its pursuit of carnal pleasure.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 am

trizn wrote:Succubus
    Area from/Nationality: unconfirmed - European. A female vampire, a fiend that visits men in their sleep to torment their dreams and engage them in sex. The Succubus could render a victim totally exhausted in its pursuit of carnal pleasure.

DENALI DENALI! XD
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:41 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:
    trizn wrote:Succubus

DENALI DENALI! XD

LOL. Edward is the Incubus, anyway. Laughing
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:46 am

Now all you have to do is post it for all the haters to read.

LOL.

You know what i find the most intersting thing in vampire lore, the amount of times the way to kill a vampire has changed and evolved. but not only that, also the way a vampire creates other little vampires, that changes all the time as well. I like the idea of the Twilight version, the modern vampire alot, the venom idea, and really non-existant vampire teeth makes them seem alot more dangerous then the noble vampires, kinda like the one's on Buffy and Dracula, that you have to drink their blood for them to sire you and you change. See that is just grosse more then anything. And then there are the primeeval vampires, those scary looking spirit type vampires, like apotakman. It is amazing really the changes.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:23 am

Amazingly, too, I love SM's modifications on the vampires. There are some parts that are traditional & some are purely hers & modern.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I was able to find the Vampires A-Z site that Stephenie may have stumbled upon while writing Twilight.
    I think I know that site. I found it as well some time ago. But it was made after movie, as far as I remember.
    Jasper'sMineForever
    Jasper'sMineForever
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1909
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my Vampire Dream-boys <3 xoxo
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

Post  Jasper'sMineForever Sun May 03, 2009 4:06 am

Incubus
    Area from/nationality: unconfirmed - European. Without doubt one of the most famous forms of vampires, the male form of the Succubus, the Incubus used to visit women at night, make love to them and torment their dreams. It posses all the characteristic properties of the vampire, with nightly visits to its victims, draining of life and strength and extreme sexual desire. Like vampires found among Gypsy and Slavic communities it can father children.

Also in relation to this point, I have studied alot of "Demonology" as they call it for history (witch hunts etc etc) and that incidentally describes just how they thought a witch became a witch. In short for a women to become a witch she had to surrender her body to the devil and her familiar was thier child. So maybe they weren't surrendering themselves to the devil maybe it was Edward or another vamp.... hehe interesting note of comparison if nothing else lol
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 03, 2009 5:01 am

Jasper'sMineForever wrote:
    Incubus

Also in relation to this point, I have studied alot of "Demonology" as they call it for history (witch hunts etc etc) and that incidentally describes just how they thought a witch became a witch. In short for a women to become a witch she had to surrender her body to the devil and her familiar was thier child. So maybe they weren't surrendering themselves to the devil maybe it was Edward or another vamp.... hehe interesting note of comparison if nothing else lol

Hehehe. You have a point. Who can resist Edward?
    Vampiria
    Vampiria
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post  Vampiria Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 pm

vampires do exist...and i've done many researches about it.
    and they're not like what people think they are.
    i discovered, i am one...a few years ago...some people say am crazy, but it's true...
    and here's the website:
    www.vampirewebsite.net

Last edited by Vampiria on Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 pm

the site is not working Wink

Talking about real vampires. If I say they exist I mean energy vampires. You know when you spend some time with somebody and after that you feel very weak, you say that the other person must have been an energy vampire.
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 pm

^^ i fixed it...typo mistake..sowwyy
    and yeah i know about the psy vampires, everytime am around people, they feel really weak and tired, and if i was tired, i get full of energy..
    carlisles_mistress

Number of posts : 838
    Job/hobbies : licking the lint between my billy-boo's toes.
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  carlisles_mistress Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 am

trizn wrote:

Incubus

funny that coz i have Gypsy in my blood line Laughing Laughing cheers cheers and i use to box
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

A new thing for u to know guys, when i see someone bleeding i do feel the urge of sucking the wound, but i try not to, people would kill me of course..and as a replacement, we have something called "asbeh nayyeh" which stands for raw meat with the blood still fresh on it...i eat it...it gives me energy.
    carlisles_mistress

Number of posts : 838
    Job/hobbies : licking the lint between my billy-boo's toes.
    Registration date : 2009-06-15

Post  carlisles_mistress Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Fawesome...well maybe not for you but...im just permantly cold, i just dont warm up. i went to this wannabe club last nite and it was so hot in there from all the bodies and this dude randomly came up to me and asked me how i was and we shook hands. his hand retracted so fast i asked him wats wrong and he said my hands are cold and i told him that they are like that all the time he asked me even in summer or under hottish water and i said yes.

great convo strated hey
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 am

Well, being cold has always been my companion.... since i was a baby, mom tells me they used to wrap me up with blankets during summer, and i still was cold, unbelievably cold...and now...it's too damn freaking hot in the summer, and i'm cold.
    i go to the beach...the sun is a killer...and am cold...and i never get tanned, or i get tanned and the 2nd day it fades away.
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am

oh and more from Vampire A-Z :

Algul
    Area from/nationality: Arabic. Vampire, which translated means horse leech, or a bloodsucking jinn. This form of vampire is traditionally a female demon that feasted upon dead babies and inhabited cemeteries.
    ^^ they used to tell us about Algul a lot when we were kids, and Muslims are the ones who most believe in it.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:30 am

Vampiria wrote:oh and more from Vampire A-Z :

Algul
    Area from/nationality: Arabic. Vampire, which translated means horse leech, or a bloodsucking jinn. This form of vampire is traditionally a female demon that feasted upon dead babies and inhabited cemeteries.
    ^^ they used to tell us about Algul a lot when we were kids, and Muslims are the ones who most believe in it.
    Dead babies? Dead people? Weird... don't vampires drink blood? Dead people are dry. LOL. And that Algul is creepy.
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 am

Hahha yeah he is creepy....it's in the Muslims traditional myths....that's why they say it feeds on dead babies and dead people. and, Muslims tell their kids when they want to shower: open the cold water before you open the hot water, because Algul's kids will come after you if they're burned by hot water... i don't know how they could think like that...
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 am

Weird. There's a Muslim vampire... And feasts on dead bodies, too. Surprised
    Vampiria
    Vampiria

Post  Vampiria Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am

Yeah....i see them really weird traditions... :S
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Can we make our own Cullenate vampire? LOL. Maybe enhance Edward's abilities and all?
    AmyHale
    AmyHale

Number of posts : 2738
    Job/hobbies : Kellan's personal bellydancer.
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Post  AmyHale Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 am

Wow, that HAS to be difficult O.O
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 am

Oh no. That's relatively easy. LOL. We just make sure our vampires are hot (figuratively). Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 am