Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+3
Blood Angel
trizn
magic
7 posters

What you don't like in Edward and Jacob?

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

What you don't like in Edward and Jacob? Empty What you don't like in Edward and Jacob?

Post  magic Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Ok, don;t kill me, ok? lol!

But well... in my opinion, nothing is perfect :p So is there things that you don't like in Edward and/ or Jacob?

Being honest, and taking other's opinion is the right thing to do Wink We all have our own tastes, likes and dislikes, also in men What a Face

Ok, Edward is almost perfect. In the end he makes the right decisions anyway :p There were just only one time I really didn't like him, I got scared of his actually. It was in Eclipse when Bella wanted to sneak out to meet Jacob. Edward took out some thingy from Bella's car. I got scared of him, he didn't even say anything Surprised But he fixed that when later he did allow Bella to see Jacob just cause Bella wanted that. But in general, I think Edward is too protective sometimes Smile

Now Jacob. I don't like he acts so impulsive. If Edward always thinks about Bella in first place then Jacob has more thing revenge thing inside. For example when he took motorcycle to Charlie in the end of New Moon. I take is as he betrays Bella in that moment. He is loving toward Bella but sometimes he is too harsh.
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

What you don't like in Edward and Jacob? Empty Re: What you don't like in Edward and Jacob?

Post  trizn Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:18 am

Edward is not perfect. But I love him, anyway. But the one thing I hated of him was in BD when he told Jacob he can have Bella & get her pregnant if a baby was what she wanted. I just about teleported to that scene & whack him in the head. All other imperfections he has, they're okay. I can live with them. Just not that BD part. No, no, no.

Jacob. Hmmm... Those parts in Eclipse where he was just being a total jerk. Sorry Ten-ten, but him pursuing Bella like that, I didn't like it. He knew he could never have Bella while Edward is around.

As for the imprinting on Nessie, it wasn't Jacob's will. I don't hate him for that, even though I'm for Team Seth & Nessie.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

What you don't like in Edward and Jacob? Empty Re: What you don't like in Edward and Jacob?

Post  Blood Angel Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

Seth and Nessie would not be nearly as dramatic, though. Seriously, if SM just leaves this hanging, I will be really offended. I, with my pitiful non-creative mind, can probably get half a book out of just those two. (Jake and Nessie)

Besides, Seth will have no problem hooking up with a good girl.
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 768
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

Post  Valkyrja Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:22 pm

trizn wrote:Edward is not perfect. But I love him, anyway. But the one thing I hated of him was in BD when he told Jacob he can have Bella & get her pregnant if a baby was what she wanted. I just about teleported to that scene & whack him in the head. All other imperfections he has, they're okay. I can live with them. Just not that BD part. No, no, no.

Jacob. Hmmm... Those parts in Eclipse where he was just being a total jerk. Sorry Ten-ten, but him pursuing Bella like that, I didn't like it. He knew he could never have Bella while Edward is around.
    I agree with the Jacob part. When Jacob is acting like a jerk, I absolutely hate him. Actually, that's the reason why I hate him.
    Edward may seem perfect, but he is not. Although I love him, I have to adimt he was being kind of a stalker in Twilight. I mean, I know it was for the best reasons, but still... I don't like that part of BD either Rai. He shocked me by saying that. I was hurt, but I understand why he said it. He only cared about Bella, and the baby was killing her. I think he was the one who was hurt the most by saying that. Imagine, having the girl he loves having someone else's babies would have killed anyone, but still he was able to resist through that for the love of his life existence.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Ok - so i figured, why not put my 2 cent worth in?

Jacob - I am the first to admit that Jacob has flaws, he is irrational and sometimes immature. But in saying that, they only make me like him more - it gives him dimensions, he was such a strong character that he was able to have so much character development. And he did. He was one of the more developed characters in the series. I love Jacob's playful, happy and fun side. But i also love the side of him where he isnt so nice, and he dont think before he acts and he when he acts immature.

It just makes him all the more realistic. Yes, i can understand people wanting to escape in to a fantasy world, which is fine, i love that as well, but i like to escape into a fantasy world where i think there is a chance that something like that could happen in real life. And i believe Jacob is the most realistic of all of the characters in the fact that i could walk down the street right now and meet someone who has many Jacob-like qualities.

I take him with the flaws. It makes him more interesting. I love everything about him - yes, even the bad stuff.

OK...

Edward - Well i dont hate Edward, and unlike some people i dont believe he is perfect, in fact he is far from it. But, there are something about him i just dont like, and alot of it has to do with Bella surprisingly. I just found that from book one i wasnt interested in Edward the way all my friends were, and i found that it was because the books are from Bella's POV and all she seemed to care about was his god like body and angelic face - it just bugged me. I dont like when all there is about someone is looks.

I started to like Edward in Breaking Dawn, before i read that i will admit, i hated him, but dont get mad, i dont hate him anymore, sometimes i even like him.

He does have his strong points, but there are a few things i just cant look past - such as his over-protectiveness and the way he treats Bella like a porcelain doll. I also dont like how he seems to dictate what Bella does - when he pulled that thing out of her truck and so she couldnt go and see Jacob i was fuming. I really didnt like him then. I was imagining, if that was me, i would have knocked him one in the mouth.

I think some of the things i dislike about Edward are because of a small minority of Edward fans and the way Bella talks about him in the books. I mean, i enjoyed what i read of MS, it made me think, yeah, ok, Edward is pretty OK - but then i always go back to the series and - well, yeah.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 pm

jacob annoys me a lot, plain and simple. he's immature, arrogant, and has a hell of a one track mind. i couldn't stand him until i read breaking dawn. well actually. he;s a lot like bella for me. i hated him from when he became a werewolf to his POV in breaking dawn. and then once i read breaking dawn i begain to have a little sympathy for the kid... i felt a little bad for him, but not so bad as i wish things changed for him...? and in eclipse. gah. but i was more mad at bella than jake in eclipse, not gonna lie. so yeah.

in edward. honestly, i love edward. i dont think i would change much, except in new moon. it bothered me a bit that he thought that bella's feelings for him couldnt POSSIBLY match up to his feelings for her, so he just left thinking she would move on. thats really all that bothered me about edward. the rest i could totally see why he would do it... and i looked past it.

^^ also i think thats why i didnt hate jake more. i couldnt stand how jake acted, but i could see his motives behind it and feel a little sympathy for him.
    Cannibal_Corpse
    Cannibal_Corpse
    Master Cullenate

Number of posts : 346
    Job/hobbies : Being bored 99% of the time. Does that count as a job?
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post  Cannibal_Corpse Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 am

you know i had this whole thing in my head i wanted to write as i was reading all of these posts. But then Mary, you said exactly what i was pretty much going to say. only u said it more to the point then i probably would have.
    -sorry tennille- i know you love Jacob.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Cannibal_Corpse wrote:you know i had this whole thing in my head i wanted to write as i was reading all of these posts. But then Mary, you said exactly what i was pretty much going to say. only u said it more to the point then i probably would have.
    -sorry tennille- i know you love Jacob.

hahaha well im glad someone feels the same way as me.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Surprised

Troy u are lucky i am at work is all i got to say.

Actually, your lucky Mary made it seem nice, because if you had wrote on here the way you say things to me at home...LOL....Grrrrr time thats for sure.

Evil or Very Mad
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I wonder what Troy says about Jacob at home, then. LOL. I'm imagining Troy in cheerleader's attire & pom-poms going "Give me an E! Give me a D! Give me a W! Give me A-R-D!" Laughing
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:11 pm

He is a bitch at home man, he does it on purpose tho to get me all angry, he thinks it is funny (unless we are fighting for real, not in a fight that is one sided while he just makes snide remarks and try's not to laugh) some of the things, grrrrr, if her were on the forums and i didnt know him, and didnt know he was doing it on pupose i probably would have slapped his head by now. Lets just say that. LOL.

And ROFL Rai - That would be so funny to see, i can actually picture Troy doing it right now, OH MAN....LOL....So funny.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 pm

hahaha i thought i was being rather blunt. i was dreading you seeing this comment honestly XD. but sweet rofl!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:28 pm

LOL!

Well i figured, it isnt as mean as what it could have been, so i let it slid, i mean, i was close to snapping, but i didnt because you are you. LOL. If you were someone on TwiFo, well that would have been a different story. So, lets just say you are lucky you are Mary....LOL...
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Pretty_Twisted wrote:LOL!

Well i figured, it isnt as mean as what it could have been, so i let it slid, i mean, i was close to snapping, but i didnt because you are you. LOL. If you were someone on TwiFo, well that would have been a different story. So, lets just say you are lucky you are Mary....LOL...

whew. im glad im mary then! lol. i figured i had to be ridiculously honest once rofl XD. now you know how i feel and i dont have to say it again lol.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeah, it was hard to read. LOL. But i prepared for it when i seen that you were the last person to post when you had done your's....LOL....So lucky i had prepared myself or i might have been not so composed....lol....
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 am

I also agree about what Mary said. I was angry at Jacob. Till I read Jacob's book in Midnight Sun. I felt very sorry for him. I think I started to cry in the part where he saw Bella and Edward where Edward discovered he can hear Renesmee's thoughts. I think that's when Jacob for the first time seen Bella and Edward as meant to be family, as happy together, leaving him no chances at all, having him to accept it like forever, when he was so tired of that. Remember that part? When he took Edward's car and went to that park? That was one of my fav parts in that book. And that made me to ease down on Jacob. So I don't think that's bad at all Smile

all she seemed to care about was his god like body and angelic face - it just bugged me. I dont like when all there is about someone is looks.
    That annoyed me as well actually lol I think there were too many mentioning about his body in the book. But I think that was Rob said when mentioning this as well, something like but if there wouldn't be so many mentioning then how we would know his body is so damn perfect? It's not enough for one time. After 10th time you start to imagine how perfect it actually is lol!

But I agree, Bella were too obsessed about his body. For me it looks like she was in love in his looks not in Edward as in person,
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:19 am

I know, that made me cry aswell, but i cried so much for poor Jacob. He went through and was put through so much shit, it made me angry, i just wanted him to be happy. I was reading and could actually imgine how he felt and it wasnt nice. I wanted to cry alot for Jacob. This is another reason i like him so much, he put me through so many emotions, it was amazing that one character was able to do that to me. It never happens, like i read alot, and i never feel that many emotions centered around one character.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 am

hahaha i didnt cry there... but yeah, i do understand.

and ten ten! your edward description was hard for me to read too! so i guess we're even! rofl. i soooo wanted to counter respond to all your claims, but i held off! rofl!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:40 am

Hahahaha...

Well now we have both said what we wanted and we both know the other's opinion. And i was the same, when i was reading your post i had so many counter arguments in my head, and i thought, no, i will leave it this time, but there better not be a next time...

Laughing jump Laughing jump
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:27 am

Pretty_Twisted wrote:Hahahaha...

Well now we have both said what we wanted and we both know the other's opinion. And i was the same, when i was reading your post i had so many counter arguments in my head, and i thought, no, i will leave it this time, but there better not be a next time...

Laughing jump Laughing jump

haha same same. next time i dont know if i can hold off my lengthy responses! haha its good we got it out of our systems rofl.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post  Blood Angel Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Actually, after reading Midnight Sun, or what there is of it, I like Edward much better. I still think that leaving after the Jasper incident was a huge mistake, but men should be allowed one whopper per century Smile He's got a lot of century left though...... Suspect
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Blood Angel wrote:Actually, after reading Midnight Sun, or what there is of it, I like Edward much better. I still think that leaving after the Jasper incident was a huge mistake, but men should be allowed one whopper per century Smile He's got a lot of century left though...... Suspect

But MS is not finished, so we don't know what was going on his mind after the James situation. I bet it has something to do with why he left in NM. But I'm with you in liking Edward more because of what was written in MS.

*Reminder: If you'd post quotes from MS, just put it in spoilers. I haven't read it, too (aside from Mair-Mair). *ahemmm* Or I'd like to believe so.

:tease:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am