Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+3
trizn
LiONLAMBxox
Mizz Lola Marie Efron
7 posters

So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland?

Poll

Team Edward,Team Jacob or Team Switzerland?

[ 5 ]
    So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_left63%So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_left13%So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_left24%So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Empty So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland?

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Go ahead and post your side XDD
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Empty Re: So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland?

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 pm

hahahahahaaa most definately team EDWARD. i mean if the cullens arent real jake is the OBVIOUS choice... but between edward and jake theres just no competition in my book. TEAM EDWARD!!! :eamc: <33
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland? Empty Re: So...Team Edward/Team Jacob or Team Switzerland?

Post  trizn Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Do I have to vote? LOL. :eamc: <33 heartbeat heartbeat heartbeat

TEAM EDWARD!!!
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 pm

I was in one of my usual forums, when someone posted this really interesting post. It was talking about how actually Bella's relationship with Jacob is healthier than Edward's. I know it sounds lame, but it has such good points. I'm totally team switz after reading BD, though. Here it is:

Jacob DOES care more about Bella than Edward- he's the one who is fighting to save her life. He doesn't want her to spend the rest of her existence as the walking undead. Jacob recognises that being pretty and sparkly is a poor exchange for humanity.

Plus, Jacob and Bella just make a much better couple. The only time she isn't annoying and whiney in New Moon is when she's with Jacob. She actually has stuff in common with Jacob- they laugh and have fun together. They even build motorbikes, for pity's sake!

Bella's relationship with Edward, on the other hand, is built solely on physical attraction. In the first 111 pages of Twilight, Bella refers to Edward's 'flawless perfection' (her words, not mine) 58 times. This works out as roughly 1.9 times a page, so for argument's sake, let's make that 2 times a page. That's despire the fact that dward isn't actually even present for half the first chapter and the whole of the sixth chapter and this waaay before there have been any declarations of love on either side (except in Bella's mind) and they've had like two conversations.

I mean sure, physical chemistry is important but it's not THAT important

Bella's relationship with Jacob, however, is built on so much more than just his looks. He represents more than just a 'greek god', 'statue', 'film-star' or 'archangel' (yuck) to her. She loves him for him, not just his body and he feels likewise.

You'll notice that when Bella asks Edward in Twilight if her body or her blood are more tempting to him and he says both, she doesn't even ask about whether he likes her for her. She's an object to him, one to protect and preserve and be ridiculously possessive over. Edward treats her like one of those expensive china dolls; he'd probably curl her hair and put her in a glass display case if he could. Jacob, on the other hand, actually enjoys spending time with Bella. Not her blood; not her body- her.

In New Moon, Bella talks about Jacob's personality and how well they fit and how much fun he is to be around for pages. Literally pages- it comes up every time she sees him. She spends the first few pages of 'Twilight' talking about how irritating Edward's personality is... if it comes up at all, because most of the time she's busy drooling over how hot he is.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

wow? is it bad that that just sorta pissed me off. i feel the need to spend some time defending edward even though im going to be late.

There is no WAY that Jake's relationship is healthier for Bella. Yes, they are great friends. He is a good friend for her, but the bottom line is that she wants Edward more, and Jacob can't handle that. Is a healthy relationship one where one side tells you that you're better off dead than with the person you want to be with, or who threatens suicide to be with you? Is it really healthy to be with someone who assults you? I would post more but i gotta go. expect more later though, thats for sure.

btw btw not jake hate! edward defending!!!
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 pm

True, True, but this is so interesting to talk about! Let's not be biased XD
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TO PETITION STEPHENIE TO FINISH MIDNIGHT SUN!!! EDWARD IS ENTITLED TO DEFEND HIS SIDE!!!

That was weird. Once EVERYBODY reads it, there will be a balance. We have read Bella's POV, Jake's POV (being Jacob Black & in BD) NOW we have to read Edward's POV!!!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:13 pm

i LOVED LOVED LOVED Jacobs POV, it was awesome... Jacob

But yea, i wish she would finish Midnight Sun, because Edwards POV was really good as well....
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 pm

But honestly, Edward will be better off with me. Laughing

No Bella... Just me. heartbeat
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 am

Laughing Out Loud Oh, no, Rai-Rai, not again. XD. You took that Edward drug again, didn't you? XD.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 am

you guys keep scaring me with the midnight sun talk. i see the words midnight sun and im like CRAP what if they forget i havent read it. so i read it really slowly and carefully.

anyways. back to the edward defending before i had to leave. he's been around for a 100ish years. he's seen the evil thats in the world... even more so since he's a vampire. he KNOWS what his kind can do to people. and he knows what humans can do to people. then he meets bella. who smells amazing to him, so that makes her even MORE at risk from the vampires. and she sees her danger magnetism which makes her more at risk from the dangerous humans. and to top it all off he has to protect her from herself. of COURSE he's going to be more protective. and as for lying to her. he can READ MINDS. he knows what will freak out a normal person, but he cant read bella... so he's only judging her by what other people would be afraid of. i think its sweet how he looks after her like he does.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:you guys keep scaring me with the midnight sun talk. i see the words midnight sun and im like CRAP what if they forget i havent read it. so i read it really slowly and carefully.

anyways. back to the edward defending before i had to leave. he's been around for a 100ish years. he's seen the evil thats in the world... even more so since he's a vampire. he KNOWS what his kind can do to people. and he knows what humans can do to people. then he meets bella. who smells amazing to him, so that makes her even MORE at risk from the vampires. and she sees her danger magnetism which makes her more at risk from the dangerous humans. and to top it all off he has to protect her from herself. of COURSE he's going to be more protective. and as for lying to her. he can READ MINDS. he knows what will freak out a normal person, but he cant read bella... so he's only judging her by what other people would be afraid of. i think its sweet how he looks after her like he does.

That's true, but in Eclipse when he takes the engine thingy out of Bella's truck, if I were her I would have taken a crowbar and smacked him with it XD. hehe. Laughing
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 am

i dont want to quote... think about it though. to vampires, werewolves are the most dangerous thing around besides themselves. edward waited sooooo long for bella. are you saying you wouldnt have a problem with the love of your life idk.... walking down the street in north korea with a "god bless the usa" shirt on, waving an american flag, singing america the beautiful? rofl? cause i think you would lol. and its not that much different in edwards mind. whether he's right or not, he's trying to protect her, and bella is doing everything she can to go out of her way to get away from that. id hit HER with a crowbar.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:i dont want to quote... think about it though. to vampires, werewolves are the most dangerous thing around besides themselves. edward waited sooooo long for bella. are you saying you wouldnt have a problem with the love of your life idk.... walking down the street in north korea with a "god bless the usa" shirt on, waving an american flag, singing america the beautiful? rofl? cause i think you would lol. and its not that much different in edwards mind. whether he's right or not, he's trying to protect her, and bella is doing everything she can to go out of her way to get away from that. id hit HER with a crowbar.

That's true. But her being with werewolves is just as dangerous as being with six ravenous vampires.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:27 am

yes. but in edward knows that he can control himself. and he knows that his family can control themselfs, and if not he will be there to stop them. but with the werewolves he doesnt have that. he already thinks that they cant control themselves. but the fact that he cant be there to watch bella makes it even worse.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:yes. but in edward knows that he can control himself. and he knows that his family can control themselfs, and if not he will be there to stop them. but with the werewolves he doesnt have that. he already thinks that they cant control themselves. but the fact that he cant be there to watch bella makes it even worse.

Well, they can try to control themselves but there's always a chance. Jacob will try to control himself too, but oh well. Who cares. XD
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 am

haha thats kinda my point. edward WILL control himself. theres no doubt about that. and im sure jake will too. i also think that edward would have a whole heck of a lot less of a problem if he could have BEEN there with bella when she was with jake so he could help her if he did lose control. you notice, if edward's not around, he ALWAYS leaves bella with alice. because he knows alice can control herself as well. you dont see him leaving her alone with jasper or emmett. edward just wants whats best for her.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:21 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:haha thats kinda my point. edward WILL control himself. theres no doubt about that. and im sure jake will too. i also think that edward would have a whole heck of a lot less of a problem if he could have BEEN there with bella when she was with jake so he could help her if he did lose control. you notice, if edward's not around, he ALWAYS leaves bella with alice. because he knows alice can control herself as well. you dont see him leaving her alone with jasper or emmett. edward just wants whats best for her.

I know Edward wants whats best for Bella, but there's point where it's too extreme. To actually forbid her from seeing her best friend and taking an engine out of her car is totally uncalled for. That's something that a father would do, not a boyfriend. I was not have taken that at all, that's like keeping her on a leash, really.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:49 am

i think that you are sooooo wrong lol. he's just protecting her. he knows what the wolves are capable of and it scares the hell out of his to have bella around them. hmmm house can i find an analogy for this. its like if your boyfriend was idk... a bomb dismanteler (sp?!). they think that theyre really good at it and that they'll never get hurt, but YOU know that it can go badly and that sometimes they just expload. you've seen what a bomb can do before and it terrifies you to have him go and do that every day and you really wish that theyd find something else to love. but they wont. and you know about the close calls that he's had and that just terrifies you all the more. and for a time he even tells you that he stopped, but then you find out from your sister that he's lying to you and just going and dismantling bombs on the side. hahaha thats a horrible example but whatever.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:48 pm

My take on Edward removing that thingy from Bella's engine, is kinda protective. I personally won't take it against him. It was a kind of sweet-ish gesture. Imagine a guy doing anything to keep you safe, to keep you with him... That's my take. I won't mind my guy doing that for me. But Bella? NOOOOOOO... She was thinking about Jacob all the way. I know Jake was also having a hard time. But Bella was being stubborn.

Here is where she made her mistake. She was subtly leading Jake on... So she hurt both of them in the end. There should've been no dirty games between Edward & Jacob if she wasn't that "stupid".

*** About the term Ediphobia. I realized it would mean "Fear of Edward". I'm not scared of him. I'd rather call it Cullenitis. Like an allergy, LOL. Once you get hit by Cullenitis there's a certain reaction to your body. AND it's indeed Cullentagious.
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 768
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

Post  Valkyrja Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Team Edward all the way! But you couldn't know that by my avatar. Rolling Eyes
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 pm

We should create a poll for this then...
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja

Post  Valkyrja Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:34 pm

trizn wrote:THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TO PETITION STEPHENIE TO FINISH MIDNIGHT SUN!!! EDWARD IS ENTITLED TO DEFEND HIS SIDE!!!
    Where is it Rai? The petition I mean.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:35 pm

You know, you guys shouldn't be Team Edward. That means you think Bella should be with Edward. Don't you want Edward for us?????
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja

Post  Valkyrja Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:37 pm

^ You're right. I'm speechless. But I'm still Team Edward.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:51 pm