Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+6
twiheart
lovehate91
LiONLAMBxox
Pretty_Twisted
TheRealBella
sparkle11
10 posters

Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria

sparkle11
    sparkle11
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 355
    Location : In Forks, trying to decide between Edward and Jacob
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria Empty Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria

Post  sparkle11 Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:43 am

OK guys I'm pretty gutted by this, I'm sure Bryce will do a great job but I HATE cast changes and really like Rachelle and her portrayal of Victoria, was really looking forward to seeing more of her in Eclipse Sad

Its reported on Summits website so must be true Surprised

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles, CA July 28, 2009 — Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of "Victoria" in the studio's upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio's TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

"We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise," said Erik Feig, Summit's President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. "Rachelle brought "Victoria" to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role."

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

http://www.summit-ent.com/
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 9302
    Job/hobbies : Reading, writing, sleeping, music, etc.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria Empty Re: Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:48 am

WHAT!? NO! They can't do that. I LOVED Rachelle. She had such an amazing attitude and she was great, even if she wasn't exactly physically right for the part of Victoria.
    sparkle11
    sparkle11

Post  sparkle11 Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 am

I know I feel the same!! It looks like its scheduling conflicts that she can't get out of, man this sucks I really like Rachelle, couldnt wait to see her in the fight scenes from Eclipse, GUTTED!!!!!!! Sad I generally don't like cast changes in any films or TV shows, especially with something I love so much
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:53 am

Cast changes are a bad idea. I mean seriously. This is one of the reasons why I don't like the fact that they're filming two movies within a year of each other. They're rushing things way too much and they're not organized.
    sparkle11
    sparkle11

Post  sparkle11 Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 am

Cast change for Eclipse - Victoria 293_ad10
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:56 am

Oh, no way! Rachelle is SO much better. She may not be as the book described her, but she just seemed to be able to do the evil, animal-like stance thing better. Rachelle is so much better for the part! Damn. Now I'm really pissed off.
    sparkle11
    sparkle11

Post  sparkle11 Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 am

So the news is spreading - an article from EONLINE about it -

The face of evil will be different next year. Still ringed by long red locks, but otherwise different.

Bryce Dallas Howard, most recently Christian Bale's butt-kicking mate in Terminator Salvation, will be replacing Rachelle Lefevre as the Bella-hating Victoria in next year's threequel, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Lefevre's exit from the franchise has been attributed to scheduling conflicts. (Not because of a real-life relationship with Kristen Stewart that mirrors the one onscreen, or due to an emotional love triangle... See, that's how rumors get started?!) Either way, it makes her the first major cast member to leave midsaga.

The 30-year-old Canadian beauty will bare her fangs for the last time in New Moon, which starts biting into the winter box office Nov. 20.

"We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise," Erik Feig, president of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions for Summit Entertainment, said in a statement Tuesday.

"Rachelle brought ‘Victoria' to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role."

So it will be Howard who seduces newborn vampire Riley, to be played by fellow Twilight newcomer Xavier Samuel in Eclipse, due in theaters June 30, 2010. Cameras start rolling in Vancouver next month.

Well, Summit Entertainment's incredibly happy about bringing Howard onboard. Do you get über-villain vibes from the porcelain-skinned redhead, or are you...concerned?

I know I feel the same, Rachelle owned Victoria to me and was really animal like and I think she would have been great in Eclipse with seducing Riley, the fighting etc...I remember Rachelle talking about Eclipse recently so I wonder what could have happened, if she just didnt realise the scheduling or whatever??? really pissed off Evil or Very Mad
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 am

It's just so frustrating. I'm not pissed about it yet. I'm still so shocked. Seriously. Why the hell would they give up someone so amazing and risk losing fans because of a scheduling issue? Honestly, Victoria's part in Eclipse isn't that big ON screen. They talk about her a lot. Ugh. I'm not happy about it. I think it's a bad mood and they should have worked it out before they set filming dates.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 am

Ok all i have to say is i am glad it wasnt Taylor like everyone was trying to convince me of...I mean, i am not happy about Rachelle being replaced, but as for right now i have some butts to kick, because i was soooo ready to cry and have a fit when someone sent me that exact article only they replaced names and words so it said Taylor was being replaced by some ugly dude whose very name made me want to go werewolf on him....

So i will get angry bout this later, but for now, it is is butt kicking time...
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Okay, well, I slept on it and I'm still just shocked. It's really irresponsible to not check schedules before they set dates for filming. Ugh! Stupidity.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

alright, im not going to lie... this really isnt that big of a deal. victoria is a TINY TINY part onscreen. its not like theyre replacing rob, kristen, or taylor. or even any of the cullens or wolves. any of those WOULD piss me off. but look at all the movies she's been in. she wont be bad. i liked rachelle too... but i really dont think this is that big of a deal.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Number of posts : 346
    Job/hobbies : Student(HS)
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  lovehate91 Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Aw.. I really liked Rachelle.. And I mean, Bryce is pretty hot, but just.. doesn't look like a gorgeous evil vampire. Razz
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Sister, no, it's not a huge deal, but I loved Rachelle. I think she fit the part much better. She just had that weird evilness. I'm sure this lady will be fine, but I still prefer Rachelle and I always will just because she was the original.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah im still not angry, i slept and still dont care really, Victoria dont do much anyway, she isnt actually in the movie very much, i am sure the other chick will do just fine.
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 pm

I hate replacements. They never live up to the first one in my opinion. Even if Victoria's not on screen much, Rachelle just fits the part better... I dunno. I never pictured Dakota as Jane, so maybe Bryce will work out. Dunno.
    sparkle11
    sparkle11

Post  sparkle11 Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:19 am

Yeah I'm not as mad today but I'm still not happy about it as I did really like Rachelle and I'm just stubborn and don't like cast changes lol! but still, at least it isnt a MAJOR cast change, Ten whoever did that to you and said it was Taylor is evil! There's nothing we can do about it now and I'm sure the other actress will do a good job but I'm still a bit miffed. Looks like its getting nasty between Summit and Rachelle wonder what the hell happened!?

Access Hollywood has Rachelle Lefevre's reaction to the cast changes in Eclipse.

Summit Entertainment announced the replacement of “Twilight Saga” star Rachelle Lefevre in the series’ third film, “Eclipse,” on Tuesday night – and fans weren’t the only ones surprised by the news — Rachelle was shocked as well!

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for ‘Eclipse,’” Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

On Tuesday, Summit announced that Bryce Dallas Howard would be taking on the role in “Eclipse,” due in May 2010.

“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,” Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.”

The star concluded her statement with a regretful tone.

“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the ‘Twilight’ audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of ‘Eclipse’ only the very best,”

over to Summit.....

This just in from Summit Entertainment:

We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio. Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.

Ms. Lefevre's representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August.

If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June. Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.

Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production.

Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap. It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story.

The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project - which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment - makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

http://bellaandedward.com/
    twiheart
    twiheart

Number of posts : 460
    Job/hobbies : makeup...and Twilight Saga :)
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  twiheart Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 am

yea it kinda sucks because i HATE when they switch actors out...its stupid...but at the same time, i didnt really care for Rachelle anyways...i like her as an actor but i didnt really think she was that great for Victoria...so i really dont care for the fact that they are getting someone else to play Victoria, the only thing that makes me upset is that, they are switching the actors...
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm mad. Rachelle was so dedicated and she was a wonderful actress. She was so perfect. I watched some clips of Bryce on YouTube and she just doesn't fit the part correctly in my opinion. I think Summit should have rearranged the shooting dates for the few parts that Victoria does have. It's not a huge deal if they have to delay the movie a few weeks. It's ridiculous. NOW I'm mad, lol. Cast changes really bother me, but this is even worse than usual.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 pm

So you are finally angry about it...I mean i agree that they could have pushed the release date back, but they dont want to, they want to get them all out as fast as they can because it is a vampire movie, and they dont age, and neither do the wolves, so they all need to look the same, it isnt like they can take too long between the movies like HP do....But i still think a few weeks pushed back for Eclipse wouldnt be so bad, but maybe they needed a blockbuster for around that time of the year, or maybe they want to compete with 7th HP movies first half, which is meant to be coming out mid next year according to this magazine i am reading...
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 pm

dude i dont know which will win that contest.... probably HP sadly. more people go see HP, but twilight has a more loyal following that will see it multiple times in a day lol!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 am

Hahaha well the Potter movies have been going down since the second one....but i am guessing the 7th will be HUGE because alot of people will watch it because it is finally over....But your right, more people do go and see HP, but Twilight has passionate people who will see it mulitple times....i know for New Moon i am going to see it like 3 times, one at 11:30pm on the 19th of November, again on the 20th of November at like 9 in the morning before work, and then again on the 20th as soon as i finish work at 5...LOL! So i know i will do the same for Eclipse...lol...i will be on of those multiple viewers
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 am

i saw twilight 10 times in theaters lol.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 am

Haha i dont know how many times i seen it in the theatres, but it was alot...LOL!

I plan to watch New Moon everyday if i have the money....I told my dad that and you know what he said?....He said...Tennille, i believe you, i know you will!
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:48 am

haha well it depends on how awesome new moon is. im SURE ill see it 5 or 6 times regardless. but if its as FAMAZING as the trailers and comicon scenes suggest, then ill probably see it more times than i can count!!! EEEE!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:51 am

Hahaha i gave in an watched the motorbike scene they showed at comic con...and that was FAWESOME, and the trailer made me all butterfly-ey and excited, so i am pretty sure, i am hoping that it is as good as what we have seen....EEEE!

I have a feeling i will watch it more times at the theaters then i did with Twilight, i dunno, that is just what my gut feeling is telling me!

Someone told me that there was two scene's shown at comic con, but i only seen that one, what is the other one? Will i wanna watch it? or will it be easy to avoid? LOL!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:23 pm