Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

5 posters

That Anti's Siggy...

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

That Anti's Siggy... Empty That Anti's Siggy...

Post  trizn Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 am

I don't know about you guys, but in TwiFo, there was this anti who had a siggy where Joker was pushing Stephenie off a building. Yes, it was Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) in the Dark Knight movie, but they changed the face to Stephenie's. I was so enraged & commented on it.

This anti changed the siggy after I made a comment on what he/she would think about a Twilighter making a siggy that portrayed an anti OR Stephen King being drowned. This same anti "denied" that that was the reason why the change in his siggy. I didn't think so. I'm not stupid. I knew he got my point.

Most antis actually say it's just for fun. How can you consider it fun when you see a person being pushed off a building. I'll go back on the brick-throwing fans rumor. Have any of you seen a fan's siggy depicting an anti swimming in bricks?!?!?!?!
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

That Anti's Siggy... Empty Re: That Anti's Siggy...

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:49 am

Yeah, I saw that..I know who it was, 2
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Yup. I know you know who it was Wink

I guess that was the time when I started disliking that particualr anti. Before that, it was no prob with me, until I saw that siggy & you made a comment about it. I just hate people like that. Thinking they can get away with something just because they are from the opposition.

What if I made a siggy with all of them dying? And I mean something really showing blood & guts of ALL the antis in the world? Mad I know this sounds gross & maybe even unforgivable, but I just can't help it. I'm in a good mood today, but if someone really provokes me, then I'll be that generous giving them hell.

Let's leave it at that, for now. I'm in a good mood & I don't want to ruin it with all the anti-hate talk. Very Happy

I'm grateful for my siggy. It calms me down.

↓ OMSDEC Tinkerbell
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:42 am

Well atleast they took it down XD
    JOSEPHINE !
    JOSEPHINE !
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 79
    Job/hobbies : Watching Skins. Writing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  JOSEPHINE ! Wed May 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Aren't you overreacting about this... just a bit? In old-fashioned and modern-day cartoons you see the characters being pushed off of buildings all the time. All sorts of animations are being made out there that play with serious concepts and present them in a light-hearted manner. If someone were to wish that Meyer would fall off a building, that would be a different story (because writing a book series one dislikes does not qualify as a reasonable reason for certain death). But don't sweat over a silly animation. It was clearly meant as a joke - I am sure the user had no intentions to actually carry out the actions seen in the animation, nor did they wish for them to happen. Like I said, don't sweat the small stuff. n_n
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Thu May 07, 2009 9:14 am

My personal view is not about this. I don't like ppl coming in forum and stating or showing off they don't like, in this case, Twilight. I mean, what's the purpose of it? I want the place to be anti free, for fans. I think those kind of signature shouldn't be allowed in the forum. To have respect for others and for Author. If they can't follow that then... well they have their own anti forum, which I also doesn't understand, where they can kick and dislike whatever they want
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 pm

JOSEPHINE ! wrote:
      Aren't you overreacting about this... just a bit? In old-fashioned and modern-day cartoons you see the characters being pushed off of buildings all the time. All sorts of animations are being made out there that play with serious concepts and present them in a light-hearted manner. If someone were to wish that Meyer would fall off a building, that would be a different story (because writing a book series one dislikes does not qualify as a reasonable reason for certain death). But don't sweat over a silly animation. It was clearly meant as a joke - I am sure the user had no intentions to actually carry out the actions seen in the animation, nor did they wish for them to happen. Like I said, don't sweat the small stuff. n_n

It's not actually overreaction. It's an observation that I had. Weird that antis have to do that. Fans doesn't make signatures with the rival book's author being pushed off a cliff. Have you seen a Twilight fan in a Harry Potter forum with a signature depicting JK Rowling being killed by Voldemort? Or pushed off a cliff? Just saying... Yes, they don't like SM. But, it's not reason enough to show her falling off a cliff & pushed by no other than a villain, Joker. That is downright insulting. As we all know, the Joker in the royal court is nothing but a fool. Have you read The Solitaire Mystery[i] by Jostein Gaarder? In that story "the seemingly perfect creation is soon destroyed by the Joker, during the "Joker Game" sequence."
    JOSEPHINE !
    JOSEPHINE !
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 79
    Job/hobbies : Watching Skins. Writing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  JOSEPHINE ! Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm

trizn wrote:
      JOSEPHINE ! wrote:

It's not actually overreaction. It's an observation that I had. Weird that antis have to do that. Fans doesn't make signatures with the rival book's author being pushed off a cliff. Have you seen a Twilight fan in a Harry Potter forum with a signature depicting JK Rowling being killed by Voldemort? Or pushed off a cliff? Just saying... Yes, they don't like SM. But, it's not reason enough to show her falling off a cliff & pushed by no other than a villain, Joker. That is downright insulting. As we all know, the Joker in the royal court is nothing but a fool. Have you read The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder? In that story "the seemingly perfect creation is soon destroyed by the Joker, during the "Joker Game" sequence."

If I did happen to see a picture of J.K. Rowling falling off a cliff, I really wouldn't mind it. Weird animations like that are intended to be funny, not cruel. I have not yet read [i]The Solitaire Mystery
      , but I do know that The Joker is a fictional character and that manipulations of him are always going to show him doing crazy things. xD Animations are just another way to mock SM, not to imply that she is better off dead or being pushed off a building. (:

And I was wondering - are you Filipino? Lol, randomg question, I know, but I was just wondering. xD
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!

Post  poisoned_rose Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I have to say that personally I'm with Josephine on this. DO't get me wrong I am a staunch and proud Twilight obsessive (I refuse to use the term Twi-hard and twi-Lighter is a little too frou-frou for me Razz), but people are entitled to express whatever thought or feeling they want in a board signature. It's meant to be a representation of the poster. Ok most people use a signature thats linked to the forum subject and usually its positive, but that doesn't mean it has to be per se. A board signature should be like your actual signature i that it represents you. I honestly don't think the sig in question was meant to ridicule death, or worse still to suggest that SM deserves death. Its just a bit of fun. Slightly inappropriate perhaps but not that big a deal imo

As for people going on forums of things they dislike...I'm ok with it, they have a right as long as they respect everyone, but personally I don't see the appeal. I wouldn't go on a HP forum, or a JoBros forum because it'd would be a waste of time for me to discuss something I hate, or am apathetic about.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri May 08, 2009 4:25 am

JOSEPHINE ! wrote:
      trizn wrote:
      JOSEPHINE ! wrote:

It's not actually overreaction. It's an observation that I had. Weird that antis have to do that. Fans doesn't make signatures with the rival book's author being pushed off a cliff. Have you seen a Twilight fan in a Harry Potter forum with a signature depicting JK Rowling being killed by Voldemort? Or pushed off a cliff? Just saying... Yes, they don't like SM. But, it's not reason enough to show her falling off a cliff & pushed by no other than a villain, Joker. That is downright insulting. As we all know, the Joker in the royal court is nothing but a fool. Have you read The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder? In that story "the seemingly perfect creation is soon destroyed by the Joker, during the "Joker Game" sequence."

If I did happen to see a picture of J.K. Rowling falling off a cliff, I really wouldn't mind it. Weird animations like that are intended to be funny, not cruel. I have not yet read [i]The Solitaire Mystery
      , but I do know that The Joker is a fictional character and that manipulations of him are always going to show him doing crazy things. xD Animations are just another way to mock SM, not to imply that she is better off dead or being pushed off a building. (:

And I was wondering - are you Filipino? Lol, randomg question, I know, but I was just wondering. xD

I have Filipino blood, yes. Very Happy A lot of "blood-kind" runs through my veins. My blood's corrupted. LOL. I am a Pure Blood Slytherin, though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 am