Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

3 posters

Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon Empty Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 4:40 am

Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon: TwilightItalia was there!

As most of you already know, Thanks to the wonderful TwilightItalia user Hulls, a press conference was held for New Moon yesterday at 3:15pm by Chris Weitz.

We have some photos of the conference accompanying this article, as well as some photos from the fountain as the crew tests it. We hope to release the 30 minute video sometime soon.

TwilightItalia was the only fan site at the press conference, and it was a big honor for us.

The press conference was set to begin at 3:00pm sharp. The hall was filled with journalists from all over Italy who had been invited to the city of Montepulciano.

Chris Weitz arrived around 3:12pm, and all the journalists present grabbed their cameras in order to get the perfect picture. Summit Entertainment producers Bill Bannerman and Wyck Godffrey were also present at the conference.

The Mayor of Montepulciano, Massimo Della Giovampaola, was also present along with Line Producer Guido Cerasuolo, who is already famous for his work on the latest James Bond movie Quantum of Solace.

The Mayor was very nice, especially when he said that the fountain that had been constructed for the movie fit in really well with the set. He said it was interesting to see how quickly they built it, but that it would be a lot better if they filled it with wine instead of water.

I need to take a quick moment in order to talk about the new director: Chris is a lot better looking than he seems in pictures or video. He’s a gorgeous man with a nice smile. He might be a little reserved, but from the first to the last minute, he was very courteous and very, very nice.

The print release also contained some new information, here is some of it:

From May 26th to the 29th, the Tuscan city of Montepulciano will be a host to the cast of ‘New Moon’, consisting of Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen), Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan), Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen), Daniel Cudmore (Felix), Charlie Bewley (Demetri), Dakota Fanning (Jane), and directed by Chris Weitz.

Montepulciano will be the shooting location for the two chapters in the book that take place in Volterra. Summit Entertainment, the production company of the film, commented on the reason for choosing this location: “We fell in love with both Volterra and Montepulciano, and all of the rest of the province of Tuscany, however in the movie business, there are some logistic requirements which force us to seek different locations. In the end, we chose Montepulciano, and we hope it can do justice to the city of Volterra.”
    Chris Weitz also added that another reason for choosing the town was because of photogenic reasons, as the city of Montepulciano is very symmetrical looking. He also said that if anyone was to blame for the decision, it was him, because he felt Montepulciano’s main square fit the scene better than Volterra’s main square. While Chris Weitz was speaking, I got the impression that he made a professional choice when he selected Montepulciano, and that he is really putting a lot of hard work into New Moon.

In the print release it was also reported that:

The decision that ‘New Moon’ would be shot in Montepulciano was based on months of looking at different sites, and most importantly based on the fans of the saga. A record breaking 5000 people showed up for the casting call, of which 1000 will be participating in a city party scene. An event is also planned for May 30th, and organizers are expecting at least a thousand people to show up to the gathering.

There was a 45 minute question-and-answer period, in which the producers and Chris Weitz answered patiently and cordially. I asked the producers if they felt satisfied with the amount of faithfulness between the book and the movie, to which they responded that they were very satisfied and tried to remain as faithful to the book as possible in the movie making business.

There were some other questions like who would distribute the film in Italy, and how they felt about Drew Barrymore possibly directing ‘Eclipse’. These questions were answered patiently by the producers, and since you all already know the answers to those questions, I will not comment further.

As we said at the beginning of the article, we will release the entire taped press conference after we adjust the sound and add some subtitles. We hope to have it up on our Youtube channel before Monday.

Once we left the City Hall, we saw a bunch of people who continued waiting behind the barriers in hopes of catching a glimpse of something. The crew was also setting up and preparing for the scenes that they are filming tomorrow. I had taken some pictures, but have chosen not to release them in respect to the producer’s wishes.

I also had the opportunity to the talk to Line Producer Guido Cerasuolo, who told me that during the filming tomorrow, the whole area will be virtually unapproachable.

I’d like to thank, with all my heart, who made TwilightItalia’s presence at the press conference possible, especially Paolo Paterni (President of Volterra Events Comitee), Luciano Picchi (Admin of NewMoonVolterra.com) and Cristina Ginesi.

Another big thank you to Diego Mancuso, I cannot thank you enough for the privilege you have given to me.

and lastly, a BIG thank you to you, the loving Twilighters. TwilightItalia has gotten this far because of all of you!

P.S.: I wanted to post this article last night, but I got home very, very late, (My GPS decided it was better for me to wander around the Tuscan country side instead of going home)

http://www.twttrblogs.com/RobPattzNews/blog/361/
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon Empty Re: Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 6:48 am

I am rather impressed with Chris from what I've seen. More so than I expected to be actually
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon Empty Re: Press Conference with Chris Weitz for New Moon

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 am

Yes, he seems really good. I love the fact he wanted to make the movie as much close as the book. Really great!

He is directing Eclipse as well, right?
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 6:59 am

No he can't direct Eclipse because he'll be doing post production on NM.
    I think David Slade is directing Eclipse. That was the last I heard anyways.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 am

poisoned_rose wrote:No he can't direct Eclipse because he'll be doing post production on NM.
    Oh right, I forgot about that Smile Well Chris is so good. I loved everything I've seen in pics and videos. I guess now I need to start to be worried about Eclipse lol
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 7:03 am

David Slade directed one of my favourite directed films ever and one of the worse films I've ever seen. So.....
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 7:16 am

poisoned_rose wrote:David Slade directed one of my favourite directed films ever and one of the worse films I've ever seen. So.....
    That doesn't help much if it's fav and worse Laughing which films are those?
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 8:12 am

I know! lol
    Fave: Hard Candy
    Shit: 30 Days of Night

And to make things worse, the shit one was a vampire film!! lol
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 8:26 am

ome, Ally, now I am really worried Surprised lol
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 am

OME! I'm starting to get worried about Eclipse, too. NOOOOOOO!!! It can't end up like shit!!! And Breaking Dawn!!! Whoever is slated to direct it, better prepare...
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 8:45 am

Imagine the New Moon without Edward that much being the best movie from all 4. Nooooooooooooooo Sad Sad Sad
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 am

NOOOOOO! lol BD will be shite no matter who directs it, really.

And David Slade is talented, weirdly enough. So I'm hoping he'll break his bad run with vamp films.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 27, 2009 9:28 am

poisoned_rose wrote:NOOOOOO! lol BD will be shite no matter who directs it, really. .
    Yes, I kind a could agree with that lol
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 27, 2009 11:41 am

well I just don't see how anyone can make a good film adaptation of it. Some books just don't translate well to screen imo.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 pm