Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

5 posters

Being the Devil's Advocate

lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Number of posts : 346
    Job/hobbies : Student(HS)
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Being the Devil's Advocate Empty Being the Devil''s Advocate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Okay, everyone is going to be chasing me with pitchforks for this one.

I'm not trying to start a vicious argument, I'm just playing the side of their faults. I do not think Edward is perfect. I also am NOT AN ANTI!! Remember that you love me, guys!!

:anti

I am Team Swiss because I like both, and I think both have their flaws. But honestly, I find fewer flaws in Jacob. Because his flaws are FLAWS. I think the worst thing about Edward is how "perfect" he is.
    And I want to discuss this with all you Team Swiss folks, as well as all you Sparxy lovers. Razz Civilly! Again: Remember that you LOVE ME. I'm just playing the Devil's advocate!!

The one big flaw that everyone has with Edward is that he left. I know he had his "good reasons" but he still left. This, of all the things I dislike about him, I dislike the least.

We'll talk about more as the conversation goes on.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic

Being the Devil's Advocate Empty Re: Being the Devil's Advocate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 6:38 pm

*I love Lei, I love Lei* *repeats several times on and on* Ok, I am good now.... Razz lol well it's not that bad actually lol

Yeah, I also think Edward is not perfect. One thing that bugs me about him is that he thinks everything around Bella is or has to be perfect lol he kisses Jake and Edward is ok with that. Errrr, that actually pisses me off lol! I would kick Jacob or start screaming at Bella. I don't know but I wont be so calm. Make me think if he really cares. Makes me think if he really wanna be with her, still...

Also I don't like about him that he protects her so much. Too much. I got scared from Edward when he got that thing out of her car when she wanted to visit Jacob.

I don't take it so hard when he left Bella. I mean, I don't blame him. First cause he admits it was a mistake, we all have moments when we think we are doing good but in reality it's the biggest mistake (geez, I am starting to talk in texts from the new play, this is not good lol)

About Jake... I don't like that sometimes he's so selfish that he can hurt other person, even Bella, just to revenge or something. Like with when he told Charlie about motorcycles. I don't like that he first does and then think. That happens almost all the time with him.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm

I agree, I don't like how he's constantly drooling over Bella, Bella can do no wrong. But at the same time, he treats her like a child. I really don't like the way he treats her. I mean, some people think it's sweet and nice, but I think it's disgusting.. I don't know why.

I mean, some of the things he does, I do like. Some of his quotes are just adorable. And I like how he's intimidating to the human boys. Haha.

Another thing I wouldn't like at all would be his physical feel. Cold and hard. Always.

That's something I would love about being with Jacob. I love a really, really warm hug. Really hot hands on my skin feels better than.. anything.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 7:07 pm

I don't like to be independent. I like the feeling if somebody cares about me, make me to feel I am special blush so I have no problem with that. My bf doesn't do that, well most of the times anyway Sad

And you know... After I joined Cullenates I understood Edward doesn't need to be hot or warm, I am getting hot just looking at him Drool I needed to open window today cause of that Laughing
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 7:31 pm

^
    lol!
    Yes, but with me being so heated up, I would want him to be all hot and sweaty with me.
    Razz
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 7:45 pm

as long as he loves me and I love him, it doesn't matter What a Face

edited:

although I agree, I am usually cold when I go to sleep. And when I am under the blanket I try to curl closer to my my to warm up cause he's usually hot lol

anyway, Team Edward all the time :eamc:
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue May 12, 2009 7:54 pm

hahaha so once again i feel the need to defend edward. i love you guys anyways!

about edward leaving... it was stupid and it bothered me that he thought that bella couldn't possible love him as much as he loved her, but i can look past that. its not like he was having fun when he left. its not like he was cheating on her... he sat up in room and dwelled in his misery. he was always thinking about and loving her even though he was far away and im sure you could tell that he wasnt serious the minute he told you that you were like a meteor in his sky.... omg!

about him being over-protective.... i've said this before, and i'll say it again. edward has been around for over 100 years. he's seen the best and the worst of people, vampires, and werewolves. he knows what each are capable of... even more than most people. and then he falls in love with bella, the first time he's ever felt love like that in his whole life, and she's the biggest danger magnent there ever was. he's TERRIFIED of losing her. if you knew, better than most, what people were capable of im sure youd react the same. and also... im sure his reaction to jacob would be different if he could be there too... i mean think about his family. how often do you see bella alone with any of them who aren't edward, alice, or carlisle. he's just terrified of loosing her.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes, I know the good intentions behind him leaving her, and I understand them..
    But what was he going to do? Spend the rest of eternity miserable just for the chance that she may have a normal life? I know this sounds romantic and wonderful to most, but I think it is terrible. I would hate to have a boy so dependent. Edward left her so she could be normal.. I think she would have been. I think she would have eventually been fine by herself. Or with someone else. But Edward was, like you said, all mopey and needy while he was away. Then he tried to kill himself when he thought she'd died..

If I were Bella, I wouldn't have been moved by that.. I would have been frightened. Disgusted, maybe? I can't even really put a word to how that would've made me feel..

EDIT:

I guess it's just my weird taste in men..
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue May 12, 2009 8:13 pm

i would be PISSED if someone tried to kill themselves over me! but with edward and bella its different. he HAD a full life and he even said that vampires only fall in love once. he knew there was no more chance of love and he didnt want to live like that again. so if that happend under normal circumstances that would be weird... but for edward and bella its not normal. vampires dont think the same way that we do.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 8:24 pm

It's not even the suicide thing.. It's the dependence thing. The meteor quote.

That was something I really didn't like about SM's style. She did with Edward whatever she thought would appeal to her audience's taste in men, rather than making a realistic, flawed character. IDK, like I said.. I think his biggest flaw is his flawlessness..
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue May 12, 2009 8:36 pm

idk about flawlessness... as much as i make excuses for him, he is definately flaw. appeals to women though? heck yes! the dependence thing works for them though... bella is just as dependent on edward as he is on her. if she hadnt needed to get up for charlie every day, and put on a front for the people in her life then she would have done the same thing edward did. i know she found jacob, but she still wanted edward the whole time. and when edward needed her there was no question in her mind who to pick.

you sound like my friend shandra, the one that i forced to join here. its like you dont like edward because everyone else does XD. haha love you lei lei!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

LiONLAMBxox wrote:
    about him being over-protective.... i've said this before, and i'll say it again. edward has been around for over 100 years. he's seen the best and the worst of people, vampires, and werewolves. he knows what each are capable of... even more than most people. and then he falls in love with bella, the first time he's ever felt love like that in his whole life, and she's the biggest danger magnent there ever was. he's TERRIFIED of losing her. if you knew, better than most, what people were capable of im sure youd react the same. and also... im sure his reaction to jacob would be different if he could be there too... i mean think about his family. how often do you see bella alone with any of them who aren't edward, alice, or carlisle. he's just terrified of loosing her.
    I agree but a;so in the same time...

Well yeah. He's almost 100 years old. About his loneliness over the year I understood just reading Breaking Dawn. There was a chapter when he said that he's not good in all for no reason. While others of his family were together during the nights he didn't have anything to do but reading, playing piano etc... he did everything so that's why he's good in everything. So I could agree with the part that he's afraid losing her. But yet again he agrees to lose her when he leaves. From the other side if he thinks she is such a danger with him then it's better to keep her alive and leave.

This is why I didn't have probs with him leaving her. I mean, that is not his worst side as it's meaning in it. To keep her safe.
    twiheart
    twiheart
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 460
    Job/hobbies : makeup...and Twilight Saga :)
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  twiheart Tue May 12, 2009 8:43 pm

ok guys, this is a bit long, so prepare yourselves haha

thats true...Edward knows the danger in people and thats why he is sooo protective...i mean...if you think about it..Bella had all this stuff going on around her...like the whole hanging out with werewolves, the whole new army trying to kill her...all those things are very dangerous...even the wolves admit that hanging out with them is dangerous, look at what happened to Emily...and its not like they can keep an eye on her when shes in La Push because Alice cant see werewolves...so they would have no idea if she was safe or not

annd he left because he thought it was best, of course, he was wrong and he made a mistake...if shes such a danger magnet, wouldnt he want to be WITH her to protect her? instead of leaving her to protect herself? its not like she can do anything! lol...she cant even walk without tripping over her own feet!! and if he knew about the wolves, theeen wouldnt he be like..."ok, i need to keep Bella safe from herself, and the wolve, and other vamps in the area who come"? but he knew what a huge mistake he made, and he said that he would have went to check up on her even tho he thought that that was a bad idea, just to see how she was, and if she wanted to be with him, then he would be with her, and that if she was happy, then he would steer clear...so i cant hold that against him...

also, if he never left, then Bella wouldnt have been friends with Jake and Jake wouldnt really have been in the picture! =) lol

and when Jake kissed Bella, the reason why Edward wasnt mad was because it was HIS fault that Jacob ended up falling in love with Bella because Edward "left Bella bleeding" and Jake was the one who "stitch her back up" and because when Bella and Jake kissed, if Bella realized that she wanted to be with Jake, Edward would have been fine with that, because he just wants to make her happy...he wants her to have options, and he KNOWS that she will be safe with Jake...
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 8:43 pm

I also am against thing that everyone loves. But you CAN'T resit Edward-uh-Rob's charm What a Face
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 pm

twiheart wrote:
    and when Jake kissed Bella, the reason why Edward wasnt mad was because it was HIS fault that Jacob ended up falling in love with Bella because Edward "left Bella bleeding" and Jake was the one who "stitch her back up" and because when Bella and Jake kissed, if Bella realized that she wanted to be with Jake, Edward would have been fine with that, because he just wants to make her happy...he wants her to have options, and he KNOWS that she will be safe with Jake...
    but wouldn't he ever be mad? lol It just seemed like he wouldn't care. Like he wouldn't even fight for his love. As written about it was his first love in almost 100 years, he was all alone in these years while seeing others having somebody, he was all by himself. Which leaded him into obsession with Bella. So that's why I was disappointed why he didn't even get mad.

He's not ok with her visiting Jacob but he's ok with her kissing Jacob? Laughing actually it came into my mind just now. that's weird. Laughing
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue May 12, 2009 8:49 pm

hahaha i love edwardddd. i dont really care what everyone else thinks! XD
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 8:56 pm

lol
    I guess I do hate the things that everyone loves. ^.^
    Well, yes, Bella is very dependent. I am also very dependent.. like, WAY TOO dependent. So I like a boy who doesn't NEED me like I need him. Just a boy who understands my needs. I want something that will never exist. Something even harder to find than an Edward type. alien

Like, Edward is just TOO selfless sometimes. All of the defending him is actually having the opposite effect on me. Razz

[quote=twiheart]and when Jake kissed Bella, the reason why Edward wasnt mad was because it was HIS fault that Jacob ended up falling in love with Bella because Edward "left Bella bleeding" and Jake was the one who "stitch her back up" and because when Bella and Jake kissed, if Bella realized that she wanted to be with Jake, Edward would have been fine with that, because he just wants to make her happy...he wants her to have options, and he KNOWS that she will be safe with Jake...[/quote]

Yes, yes, but really? Would you really want a boy to be THAT unbelievably understanding?? A want a boy to claim me and fight for me like territory. lol
    I don't think that makes me an anti-feminist, either. I just want him to be that way so I can do the same.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

LiONLAMBxox wrote:hahaha i love edwardddd. i dont really care what everyone else thinks! XD
    heeeeeey, I still love Edward the way he is as well Tinkerbell crooked smile
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Yes, yes, but really? Would you really want a boy to be THAT unbelievably understanding?? A want a boy to claim me and fight for me like territory. lol
    I don't think that makes me an anti-feminist, either. I just want him to be that way so I can do the same.
    I agree with you. If I would say to my bf that I kissed another guy and he would be like "ok if that's what you want" I would beat him up Mad Laughing I would just think that he doesn't care if he's with me or not.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm

See, and Wes, my lion, WOULD do that!!

I could be like, "Oh, I totally got jakey with this other guy," and Wes would say, "Oh. Did you have fun?"

JERK!

(of course, I'd NEVER, EVER do that, but, y'know..)
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post  Blood Angel Tue May 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Actually, I didn't much care for Edward until I read Midnight Sun. Of course, I'm 32 and male. I was looking at it as, "Is this someone I would want a friend?" Kinda iffy actually in the regular series.
    lovehate91
    lovehate91
    Master Cullenate

Post  lovehate91 Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 pm

You must remember, I'm not trying to be a hater. I like Twilight.

Granted, also remember that I don't love Twilight near as much as the rest of the Cullenates. I'm just mildly interested in it. I'm mostly on here because I love YOU GUYS.

<33
    Group Hug Group Hug Group Hug
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post  Blood Angel Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I've said all along I think the side characters are more interesting than the main characters. I think it would be criminal to not do spin-offs or something. You could write an entire book of Leah on dates and it would not get old!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 pm

lovehate91 wrote:See, and Wes, my lion, WOULD do that!!

I could be like, "Oh, I totally got jakey with this other guy," and Wes would say, "Oh. Did you have fun?"

JERK!

(of course, I'd NEVER, EVER do that, but, y'know..)
    I would slap him lol My lion even made a suggestion with who should I sleep with, he told it about one guy in theatre, the one I am playing a lover in the play. I was like "huh? Surprised Don't mind if I do" and left house to go to celebrate traditional celebration with this guy and few others from my theatre. Later I announced the guy we are free to have sex, I had a free pass from my bf. Everyone had a good laugh about it actually Laughing although they also were surprised how my bf could say something like this.

and mMidnight Sun didn't actually revealed how lonely he was. Breaking Dawn did.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 pm

lovehate91 wrote:You must remember, I'm not trying to be a hater. I like Twilight.

Granted, also remember that I don't love Twilight near as much as the rest of the Cullenates. I'm just mildly interested in it. I'm mostly on here because I love YOU GUYS.

<33
    Group Hug Group Hug Group Hug
    don't worry about that Wink the best thing in here is that we can have discussions without the hate Wink

and I also am mostly in here cause of ppl Group Hug otherway that would be some other boring forum lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:42 am