Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+5
Valkyrja
magic
LiONLAMBxox
Pretty_Twisted
Jacob Wolfie Black
9 posters

The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn

Poll

What Book Two in Breaking Dawn good? (Out of a 0 [horrible] to 5 [great] scale)

[ 0 ]
    The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_left0%The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_left10%The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_left10%The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_left20%The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_left60%The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Bar_right [60%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Jacob Wolfie Black
    Jacob Wolfie Black
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 53
    Job/hobbies : Looking out for all the wolves and humans of the world.
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Empty The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn

Post  Jacob Wolfie Black Thu May 07, 2009 12:30 am

I just want to know what everyone else thought of the change in point of view from Bella to Jacob, and I didn't see this here yet. Therefore, I figured it was okay if I made this.

When I first got the book I screwed up and dropped it (yeah, I was a little bit of a butterfingers that day) and it landed so that the chapter titled Sure as Hell Didn't See That One Coming (see note at end of post) was showing and I found myself thinking two things (1) What in the world is that about? and (2) That's a title looks more like a sentence. However, after I read it the book and got to the point of view change I noticed that Jacob's chapters titles were either a sentence or a long phrase, but I actually found it to be a little bit of a refreshing change and to be a little bit more intersecting in comparison to human Bella. Anyways, what do you think?

NOTE: I'm sorry for using the "bad word", but I think it should slide because it is part of the chapter's title.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Empty Re: The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu May 07, 2009 12:40 am

I loved Jacob's POV in Breaking Dawn. After reading his POV in the epilogue of Eclipse, i was thinking, man, if the books were all in Jacob's POV it would be soooo much better, and then when Breaking Dawn came out they had it and i was like dancing.

I found it more interesting, it was funnier for starters, the chapter names alone were enough to make someone wet their pants.

I found it insightful, it was interesting to know just how much suffering and pain Jacob was in. Because Bella's POV was always about how perfect Edward was, and lets face it, by the end of the first book do we still need to hear it....WE GOT IT ALREADY!

It was awesome, it gave us a chance to know him more, and to know how he really felt about Bella, which was a good thing, it cleared a few things up for haters as well....

I have read that part of the book more times then actual book itself. I love it, the Jacob parts in BD and the entire New Moon book are my favourite bits of literature ever.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn Empty Re: The "Jacob Black" section of Breaking Dawn

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 am

okay. i didnt really like it.... i would have rather had it be from alice's point of view... or maybe carlisle's. jacob's bored me after a while. and i didnt like his bad thoughts about edward. hmphh. but it wasnt TERRIBLE.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu May 07, 2009 1:01 am

I thought his thoughts and the way he felt about Edward added to thrill and fun of the story, and he really wasnt that bad toward Edward in Breaking Dawn, now if Eclipse had of been from Jakes POV then i could understand why his Edward thoughts would bug you guys at least.

An Alice perspective would have been ok, but i think Carlisle is too boring to have a POV of his own, i dont think it would hold my attention very long.

Jacob held my attention, i was hanging on every word he said, literally, i was like - :worship:
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Thu May 07, 2009 1:05 am

i would love for stephenie to do like an outtake of when alice gets the volturi vision in alice's pov!

jake wasnt terrible... just not my favorite.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu May 07, 2009 1:07 am

Hahahaha yeah, Alice would be cool - it would be cool to know exactly what she see's sometimes.

And your right Mary, Jake wasnt terrible.....he was spunk-tastic!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Thu May 07, 2009 9:21 am

This will be for the join of Ten lol

First I was anoyed cause I didn't want to think what Jacob thinks lol I was bored with all the pack etc... But then something changed, I am not sure from which chapter but I was touched by that. I hated Jacob in the beginning but now my heart went soft for him cause of all the pain he felt cause of Bella and Edward,. At some point I even started to cry and I usually don't cry reading books Embarassed lol I think that was enough from his POV, just in the right moment. So in the end I liked it. Also one of my fav parts from the whole book was when he realized that Bella and Edward is happy, that was when Edward understood he hears Renesmee, the whole wanting imprinting on somebody scene also.I felt very sorry for him. Till then I never thought how painful that must be for him.
    Valkyrja
    Valkyrja
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 768
    Registration date : 2009-03-19

Post  Valkyrja Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 am

LiONLAMBxox wrote:okay. i didnt really like it.... i would have rather had it be from alice's point of view... or maybe carlisle's. jacob's bored me after a while. and i didnt like his bad thoughts about edward. hmphh. but it wasnt TERRIBLE.
    I agree with you Mary. But, though I didn't like it much, I know it was necessary. We needed to know what Jacob thought of all that was happening. I mean, we could infer his opinion from his dialogues with Bella, but still... The only parts I enjoyed were the ones when he was with the Cullens, the rest I didn't like. It was necessary to know what Leah was thinking in order to underestand her choices but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it. There's one thing I have to admit. Jacob is quite funny. The blond jokes and even some of his thoughts are really funny to read.
    Jacob Wolfie Black
    Jacob Wolfie Black
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 53
    Job/hobbies : Looking out for all the wolves and humans of the world.
    Registration date : 2009-05-05

Post  Jacob Wolfie Black Wed May 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Pretty_Twisted wrote:I found it insightful, it was interesting to know just how much suffering and pain Jacob was in. Because Bella's POV was always about how perfect Edward was, and lets face it, by the end of the first book do we still need to hear it....WE GOT IT ALREADY!

It was awesome, it gave us a chance to know him more, and to know how he really felt about Bella, which was a good thing, it cleared a few things up for haters as well....

I actually have to agree with you on that, Ten, here's a recap of Edward from the proper POV for the section of the saga:

Twilight (start): Who is he? He's so perfect…so very perfect. However, something's different…
    Twilight (middle-1): Where is he? What's going on?
    Twilight (middle-2): Is he really a…?!
    Twilight (end): He may be a vampire, but he's still perfect! I want to be like him!
    New Moon (start): He's so perfect.
    New Moon (middle-1): Is he really…
    New Moon (middle-2): My life is not complete, I can't live, there's no way I can live…
    New Moon (end): Yes! Another thing that might make me become just like him.
    Eclipse (whole story): He's so perfect, even when Jacob's being a Werejerk!
    Breaking Dawn (Book 1): He's still so perfect, and now we're MARRIED. Soon will come…
    Breaking Dawn (Book 2): Such a [bleep], I can't believe what he's doing! This is just…!
    Breaking Dawn (Book 3): He's perfect, and now I am too!

Alright, I may have exaggerated (either over or under) some part, but I think this serves our points pretty well. What do you think, Ten?
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Thu May 14, 2009 5:20 am

Jacob Wolfie Black wrote:
    Pretty_Twisted wrote:I found it insightful, it was interesting to know just how much suffering and pain Jacob was in. Because Bella's POV was always about how perfect Edward was, and lets face it, by the end of the first book do we still need to hear it....WE GOT IT ALREADY!

I actually have to agree with you on that, Ten, here's a recap of Edward from the proper POV for the section of the saga:

Twilight (start): Who is he? He's so perfect…so very perfect. However, something's different…
    Twilight (middle-1): Where is he? What's going on?
    Twilight (middle-2): Is he really a…?!
    Twilight (end): He may be a vampire, but he's still perfect! I want to be like him!
    New Moon (start): He's so perfect.
    New Moon (middle-1): Is he really…
    New Moon (middle-2): My life is not complete, I can't live, there's no way I can live…
    New Moon (end): Yes! Another thing that might make me become just like him.
    Eclipse (whole story): He's so perfect, even when Jacob's being a Werejerk!
    Breaking Dawn (Book 1): He's still so perfect, and now we're MARRIED. Soon will come…
    Breaking Dawn (Book 2): Such a [bleep], I can't believe what he's doing! This is just…!
    Breaking Dawn (Book 3): He's perfect, and now I am too!

Alright, I may have exaggerated (either over or under) some part, but I think this serves our points pretty well. What do you think, Ten?

I would agree on Jacob's POV as insightful & for a change. BUT- I would rather have it as Edward's POV. No offense about Team Jake people, but the saga was supposed to be about Bella AND Edward, not Bella and Jacob. Edward should've been given the chance to have his POV heard. It was just proper that he be given the "honor" to "explain" his side. Don't get me wrong. Again, Jake's POV was a relief from Bella's constant "Edward is perfect..." line.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post  Blood Angel Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 pm

I think that's why I liked Midnight Sun so much. It was another break from "I'm not pretty enough" and "Edward is perfect". It was refreshing to see someone gushing over Bella that was not named Jacob.
    trizn
    trizn

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Sat May 16, 2009 9:17 am

Blood Angel wrote:I think that's why I liked Midnight Sun so much. It was another break from "I'm not pretty enough" and "Edward is perfect". It was refreshing to see someone gushing over Bella that was not named Jacob.
    Amen to that. Edward's POV would have been more refreshing. And I would love to know what went on his mind when he learned that Bella was pregnant.
    Cannibal_Corpse
    Cannibal_Corpse
    Master Cullenate

Number of posts : 346
    Job/hobbies : Being bored 99% of the time. Does that count as a job?
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post  Cannibal_Corpse Mon May 18, 2009 1:10 am

I cant believe i am going to say this, but i like Jacob's part of the book alot. it was interesting enough to score a 5 from me. i mean, i would have prefered it be Edward's story, but whatever. it was still really good. mainly i think because it had that tennille-esque auroa to it, like i was reading it and some of the things that came out of jacob's mouth - some of the things he did reminded me so much of tennille it started to feel like i was in a relationship with jacob. lolz.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Post  Blood Angel Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Without the Jacob POV, we wouldn't have gotten all the cool Leah stuff. Plus, the birth from Jacob's view then Bella's view was a nice touch. I just didn't understand Lizzie at ALL.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon May 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Blood Angel wrote:Without the Jacob POV, we wouldn't have gotten all the cool Leah stuff. Plus, the birth from Jacob's view then Bella's view was a nice touch. I just didn't understand Lizzie at ALL.

i might be wrong, but i took lizzie as stephenie showing us that no matter how perfect a girl is for a werewolf that he can only be happy with/imprint on the girl that he is supposed too.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Post  Blood Angel Mon May 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Okay; that's certainly a possibility, but what about the werewolves that never imprint? Are they hosed?
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Blood Angel wrote:Okay; that's certainly a possibility, but what about the werewolves that never imprint? Are they hosed?

idk... i mean i guess they can probably be reasonably happy with another person, but there's always the thought that they could possibly imprint. that would but a strain on any relationship...

i think it would pretty much just suck to be a werewolf lol.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Well at first i hated imprinting, but the more i think about it, the more i wouldnt mind, i mean, even if i didnt imprint and everyone around me had, i would just date, but not get into anything too serious, just in case, and if it got that serious then i imprinted, well there is nothing i could do, and i know that, so i wouldnt mind, it would hurt, but it isnt something that can be helped.

I just think being a werewolf would rock, finding your soul mate, your perfect match without all the bull shit of dating a thousand people, or having to figure out whether it is right. I wouldnt have a problem with that at all.
    ediedo
    ediedo
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1626
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

Post  ediedo Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:04 am

I liked Jake's POV. I enjoyed, maybe because I don't like Edward, but it was cool thinking like a wolf. Very Happy
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 am

Jacob's section was the best section in the book

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:03 am