Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

5 posters

SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn - Initial Thoughts

poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn  - Initial Thoughts Empty SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn - Initial Thoughts

Post  poisoned_rose Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

OK this is the official spoiler laden thread for BD. Everyone who has seen the film can come here to discuss it. If you haven't seen the film yet, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!

Any BD talk will be in this thread until we can confirm that everyone who posts regularly has seen the film.

START!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn  - Initial Thoughts Empty Re: SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn - Initial Thoughts

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 pm

I'll start! Very Happy

I watched it today and although I would want some movie action, I loved the movie. Anyway, there wasn't many action in the first half of the book, right?

I cried almost whole movie :o There were only one time I cried in cinema more which was for This Is It movie. I was so scared that my make up would be ruined but it was ok lol

I think I cried the most when Jacob said he doesn't need to obey anyone. You know that fight between dogs... excuse me... wolfs lol That was made so good!

I loved the effects of Bella losing weight. I just noticed in one time that it wasn't looking natural how she moved. Although I didn't understand why they had to add effects on Renesme (did I write it correct) when she looked at Jacob when he imprint on her. I mean, couldn't they film the real baby?

And I absolutely loved that they took music from the first movie cause I loved that music the best from all Twilight movies Smile
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn  - Initial Thoughts Empty Re: SPOILERS: Breaking Dawn - Initial Thoughts

Post  poisoned_rose Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:04 pm

I didn't cry but I WAS on the verge of tears for most of the movie. Taylor Lautner was, as usual, perfect. He made me cry for Jacob, and I hardly ever cried for Jacob in the books. And Rob did a great job of portraying how broke up Edward was watching Bella suffer, though I do wish they'd shown a little more of the struggles Edward goes through.

I agree that not much happens in the film but like you said nothing happens in the book either - atleast they stayed very faithful to the book.

The makeup on Bella was spunk-tastic!! I actually felt like she was on deaths door. And Kristen does doa good job of acting in pain, she alway was good at the pain part.

Yeah i noticed the effects on Renesmee, it seemed a bit OTT for me too, but it was such a minor scene, I'm ok with it. But the whole Javob seeing Renesmee and imprinting scene was HILARIOUS, like the whole cinema started laughing unctrollably. It was so weird and uncomfrtable and....comedic! But that whole plot is so ill conceived I'm not syre they could have shown it without making it ridiculous.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 pm

what do you mean about that scene made ridiculous?

No one laughed when I watched it but we were too less in audience cause it was during the day, not after work hours.

I thought that whole imprinting thing was stupid in book in general. There's so big love and devotion for Bella and suddenly it was gone. Like it was fake. Ok, I could accept that it just happened, by nature or something but she is just a baby, geez. That's... pervert. What he would say to her later "Oh, I wanted to made out with your mom. I kissed your mom." Nice one. He could imprint on her later when she is older. Or imprint on any other girl. Anyway, that's not really about the movie hehe

What I wanted to see was a scene when Jacob runs to park (if I am not mistaken) so desperate to look for somebody to imprint. I think that scene in the book was so e motional. I think I started to feel for Jacob when I read that episode.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm

damn, I even cried when they got married lol Like in real marriages lol I am so stupid lol
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:02 pm

I don't know, I think it was just the plot that was so silly. And the visual side of things, watching a man go gah-gah over a baby. It's different reading it and different seeing it, I think.

Yeah, the scene with that character who's name I always forget. They cut a lot of Jake's POV chapters. I wish they'd included more of that - i liked those chapters.

I almost cried at the wedding because of the music in the back from the first film
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:07 pm

I don't know, I think it was just the plot that was so silly. And the visual side of things, watching a man go gah-gah over a baby. It's different reading it and different seeing it, I think.
    Wait, did I have different version? :o what I saw he was coming in to kill the baby and then baby looked at Jacob and he got on his knees and started to see her growing up like in a drwam, he was speaking about how it feels to imprint, that he wants to be something she wants and she needs, to look after her etc... And then the fight between vampires and wolfs started.

What was it for you?!

Yeah, the scene with that character who's name I always forget. They cut a lot of Jake's POV chapters. I wish they'd included more of that - i liked those chapters.

Yeah, me too. It was a story from the other side around.

I almost cried at the wedding because of the music in the back from the first film
    yes yes yes, I loved it!!! I think it was about that bird lol
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

And I loved how Bella was scared but when she saw Edward she became a little bit braver hehe

I loved Charlie!!! Amazing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Charlie: Are those graduation hats?
    Rene: Ah, how smart.
    Charlie: I think it's weird
    Laughing

and

Charlie: I know Edward will be a good husband cause I am... cop... and I know things... I can track ppl down... and I can shoot Laughing Laughing
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 pm

No, that was the same scene for me, but watching Jacob fall to his knees and stare at this baby was kinda weird. Probably cos I know about imprinting from the book. When he first sees the baby and locks eyes, it feels like a soppy romance scene from a romcom only it's a BABY!

And you mean Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine, I think?

EDIT: AND YES!! Charlie was AMAZING!! That wedding speech made me cry with laughter!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:26 pm

No, that was the same scene for me, but watching Jacob fall to his knees and stare at this baby was kinda weird. Probably cos I know about imprinting from the book. When he first sees the baby and locks eyes, it feels like a soppy romance scene from a romcom only it's a BABY!
    yes, it's disgusting!

And do you remember Emmet's speech? I don't remember exactly but he said now Bella wouldn't need to sleep for some time. We also laughed about that.

Was those speeches in the book as well? I don't remember.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Yeah Emmett said something about hoping she'd gotten enough sleep cos she wouldn't be getting any more. It was hilarious!! The room went silent xD

And no, I don't think the speeches were in the book...
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:58 pm

Soooo I liked it. I cried only for Jacob, I felt sooo sorry for him. Taylor was really amazing. He made Jacob come alive on the screen, it was sooo cool. The bit where he finally stood up to Sam was awesome, I felt like I was there. It was cool.

The make up they did to make Bella look like she was dying was amazing. Loooved when she was just about to give birth and her back snapped, it looked awesome. Haha.

I was disapointed in the sex scene. It was not hot in my opinion. It didnt look rough enough, but I am a freak, so I like it a little rough. Haha.

Oh yeah, and I am agreeing with you all.... Charlie is a crack up. Billy Bourke really made me love that character who was kinda nothing to me when I was reading the books. Haha.

The imprinting scene was laaaame, like really really laaaaame. I laughed, I actually laughed and had Matt nudge me and tell me to shut the heck up. It didn't make me angry like it did in the book. Haha.
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:33 am

The wedding was fabulous. I want to do my wedding reception like that. It looked like a fairy tale place. Smile) I was pretending to be Bella when I saw Edward. Hahahaha. I loved the fact they played Flightless Bird American Mouth. Goosebumps there. Although I wanted them to show the part where Bella was at the gas station with her Mercedes. Also, the dream about the baby boy was not shown. Sad

As for the honeymoon, I missed the part where Bella was supposed to say: "Why am I covered in feathers?" They should have included that. Or did they? Aside from the begging part, I wanted to see Bella eating eggs. LOL.

Going back to Forks, everything was perfect. Or 90% perfect. Very Happy The part where Jacob ran to inform the wolf pack about Bella "dying" while giving birth and telling Sam he was not born to follow him or any one else, because he was the chief's grandson. I was like "Awwww.." And as usual, Seth was lovable. Smile)

That part where the wolf pack was at the beach (with their imprintees), was weird. IDK why, but it just felt weird. LOL.

Bella's preggy makeup and getup was amazing. Especially when she was about to take a bath. Her spinal cord was showing. Hehehe. And the birth scene. It looked like Jacob glanced at the baby for a few times. In the book, didn't he kept his eyes on Bella? But so far, that scene was good.

The imprinting scene was "Uh---okay...then?" The baby looked CGI-ed. Very Happy

Less action, but Part 2 will have more of that. Overall, I liked the movie. Can't wait for the DVD copy, and part 2 of course. They didn't stray away from the book that much. I can give them 2 thumbs up. Smile)
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 am

Pretty_Twisted wrote: The bit where he finally stood up to Sam was awesome, I felt like I was there. It was cool.

That was one of my favourite scenes of the whole film, actually. I thought it was brilliant.

Pretty_Twisted wrote: Loooved when she was just about to give birth and her back snapped, it looked awesome. Haha.

That was brilliant! I actually cringed cos it almost physically hurt me! That, and watching her drink the blood. Both of those scenes made me cringe, and films hardly ever make me cringe!

Pretty_Twisted wrote:I was disapointed in the sex scene. It was not hot in my opinion. It didnt look rough enough, but I am a freak, so I like it a little rough. Haha.

I was a bit disappointed at her makeup after the sex. In the book, shes meant to be covered head to toe in yucky purple bruises, but all they gave her was a bruise on her arm!

Pretty_Twisted wrote:Oh yeah, and I am agreeing with you all.... Charlie is a crack up. Billy Bourke really made me love that character who was kinda nothing to me when I was reading the books. Haha.

Charlie barely existed in the books as a character, at all. But Billy Burke totally made him one of my favourite characters.

Pretty_Twisted wrote: The imprinting scene was laaaame, like really really laaaaame. I laughed, I actually laughed and had Matt nudge me and tell me to shut the heck up. It didn't make me angry like it did in the book. Haha.

YAY I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE!!! Actually, the whole cinema cracked up at that scene. It was incredibly lame.

trizn wrote: I loved the fact they played Flightless Bird American Mouth. Goosebumps there. Although I wanted them to show the part where Bella was at the gas station with her Mercedes. Also, the dream about the baby boy was not shown. Sad

The music was amazing. Really smart idea to replay Flightless Bird. I wanted the Mercedes scene because it was a little humour and the book didn't have much, but they did create the humour in the wedding speeches.

trizn wrote: As for the honeymoon, I missed the part where Bella was supposed to say: "Why am I covered in feathers?" They should have included that. Or did they?

No they skipped that line, and I thought they should have included it, because it's one of those iconic lines in the book.

trizn wrote: Less action, but Part 2 will have more of that. Overall, I liked the movie. Can't wait for the DVD copy, and part 2 of course. They didn't stray away from the book that much. I can give them 2 thumbs up. Smile)

They didn't stray much at all, which is great, and the changes that they made were actually better than the book.

Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I missed my favourite line AGAIN. Like in Eclipse they cut out my fav line in the entire SERIES and in this one they cut out my fav line in the book - where the baby is born and Edward tells Jacob to take it and he tells him to throw it out the window, that was the best, and not in the movie. I was a little made that they keep cutting my fav lines out of these movies.

Yeah, just throwing that out there.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:20 pm

i disagree. the imprinting thing... if you ignore the fact that it was gross... was really important. he was "ga-ga" over bella because there was that connection before nessie was even born. it was like... their love was so destined that there was something inside of them that knew it was true. and even more than that... do you really think the wolves would have helped with the volturi had they not had too? to protect nessie? because i don't. so if the book was to end in the way it did i don't think she could have done anything differently. and maybe JACOB'S pack would have left nessie alone had he not imprinted, but i don't think sam's would have.

also, i ADORED this movie. the only things i would pick on are so small they don't even matter. but mostly they didn't talk about immortal children. which is dumb because it's like ridiculously important for the next half. and also i BAWLED when edward was trying to bring bella back. when he was all... baby come back to me... shit! i also cried because jake was so heart-broken. that part was like perfect. and the wedding speeches... LMAO.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:48 pm

I think the immortal children ish will be on part 2. It was Irina who saw Nessie while they were hunting, right? Very Happy But it should have started with Bella's dreams of a baby boy before the wedding.

Maybe I was just expecting too much, since I was so excited. Hahaha. But so far, it was good. People who haven't read the book will understand what really went on. I just hope part 2 will be faithful to the book. It will be a disappointment if they will miss the important scenes and quotes.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 am

yeah i was talking about the dreams haha! but you're right, they could put it pretty easy in when irina sees nessie. like... why was she so upset?! you know... i bet you she thought nessie was an immortal child! darn!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 am

Yeah. It was Irina's fault the Volturi knew about Nessie and thought she was an immortal child. Well, she is immortal, but not the kind they feared.

Which reminds me of the leaked New Moon script. It was so similar to what was in the movie, so I hope they won't ruin the last movie of the series. I'm thinking someone might sabotage it again.

I'm sleepy... Maybe that's why I'm not making sense.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:14 am

hhaha yeah a little confusing. i also LOVED the part when jacob tricked the other wolves. i was like WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG!??! and then i realized he was being all sneaky and was like wooo go jake!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:39 am

Oh yeah. That part was not in the book... or was it? Haha. I have to check the book again. Tsk tsk. I didn't hate Jacob in Breaking Dawn and it the movie, too. Maybe because Edward was married to Bella already, and they had a baby. Very Happy
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 am

no it wasn't lol. and mostly because jacob is awesome in breaking dawn!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:57 am

Jacob was not a pain in the donkey-butt... ← I'd like to see how the forum will spell that out. Hahaha. >_<
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I generally liked the film, actually loved, more like. But at the same time, it wasn't 100% perfect, and it's kinda fun to talk about what we all would have changed if we could.

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Loooved when she was just about to give birth and her back snapped, it looked awesome. Haha.
    I was eeeewwwwwww in that moment. That looked sickely painful :o

Also, the dream about the baby boy was not shown. Sad
    I've read the book long time ago and in English not Latvian. So pls remind me what was that dream about? In the movie she only said she felt like it's a boy.

Aside from the begging part, I wanted to see Bella eating eggs. LOL.
    what was about the eggs too? lol

That part where the wolf pack was at the beach (with their imprintees), was weird. IDK why, but it just felt weird. LOL.
    The only thing I didn't like is that they weren't really explained what imprinting means. They showed (don't remember the name) with little girl, and if I wouldn't read book then I wouldn't know they imprinted and that it was possible.

Bella's preggy makeup and getup was amazing. Especially when she was about to take a bath. Her spinal cord was showing. Hehehe.
    Some of that in that scene was not just make upo but digitally made. That was the first time I noticed some digital effects in there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:58 am