Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

3 posters

Close Encounter of the Cullen-kind

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Close Encounter of the Cullen-kind Empty Close Encounter of the Cullen-kind

Post  trizn Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Sooooo... I finally found the courage to post my fanfic here. I'll be posting an excerpt of it. I just finished Chapter 7. I have some later chapters finished, but I'm still working on the in-betweens, to make sure the plot doesn't clash. 😁

This excerpt is actually part of the later chapters. It starts with:

"Okay, so how about Kristen?" I asked. I was feeling rather stupid now for having asked that question. I hid my face under my arm.

"You should know better than to believe those stories. I'm here, which roughly translated, I'd rather die than stay away from you."

"Straight right out from the book," I muttered.

"Hey, I am supposed to know what's in the book. Blame it on your Bella Swan."

"Oh, shut up Mr. Know-it-all."

This kind of banter was becoming a rather natural occurrence these days. There isn't a day without him & me having this verbal sparring. Not that I'm complaining. I rather like it. It gives me the excuse to talk to him. He seemed not to mind, either. Which is perfect.

"Have you read all 4 books?" I asked. I really didn't know why I was asking. I guess I just wanted to have another excuse to talk to him. Good thing he didn't have Edward Cullen's gift of reading minds. I shuddered @ the thought. I would definitely faint with humiliation once he knows what I'm thinking about. I guess, with the level of insanity my brain is going through, I have the only right to my thoughts.

"Uh-not really. I'm reading Eclipse now. I'm quite intrigued why you would hate Jacob Black in this book," he smiled.

"Then read it. Who knows you might wanna wring his neck later, too," I stuck out my tongue.

“Die. Jacob, die.” He laughed.

“You’re getting it now.”

He just answered with a nod. As usual, I was fighting hyperventilation & fainting. I looked away, laughing @ myself.

"What are you laughing about?" he asked.

"Uh- nothing," but I continued laughing, anyway.

"Edward Cullen talking to you again?"

"Why? Are you jealous?"

"I'm just curious."

"Rightttt..."

"Of course, I am curious. There hasn't been a day without you talking about how perfect Edward Cullen is," he defended himself. "Do you think I'm perfect?"

Why did he have to ask that question? How can I tell him yes but deny it @ the same time. Grrrrr... Does he really want me to declare myself? Over my pile of ashes! Yeah, right. I can keep telling myself that. I know that if I won't stop staring into his eyes, I'll be proposing marriage to him right away.

"Noooooooooo!!!" I voiced out loud.

"No, what?" he asked. "I’m not perfect or did Edward Cullen die?"

"That's not it. He can't die, remember? He's immortal."

"I thought you can kill a vampire, too."

"Oh, yeah. But Edward Cullen doesn't die. He doesn't die in my universe, anyway."

"Oh, yes. I forgot about that little big detail."

"What is it about Edward Cullen that you don't like, anyway?"

"What is it about Edward Cullen that makes you so defensive?" he countered.

"Give me one second..." I inhaled deeply. "But you have to give me your answer, too. Okay?"

"Deal," he promised.

Maybe out of habit or maybe I'm just being incoherent whenever he's with me, it took me another few minutes before I can come up with a satisfactory explanation.

"You know what? This whole situation feels like a debate between a Twilighter & an Anti. I say something about Edward Cullen & you negate it. Why can't you just see how ideal his character is? He may not be perfect, but he is ideal. I say not perfect, because he has his little quirks. But like I said, it only makes him more endearing, more human, therefore, more real than any of the human boys in this world."

"So, now I'm an Anti. Just because I asked you what is it about Cullen that draws you to him. Wait..." he started, as he noticed I was about to comment on what he said. "I didn't say I hated him. I am just really curious what is it about that vampire that makes you wanna talk about him every time...."
    trizn
    trizn

Close Encounter of the Cullen-kind Empty Re: Close Encounter of the Cullen-kind

Post  trizn Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm almost finished writing the whole story. I'll post them here once it's done.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 am

Sooooo are you finished yet so we can read more?
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:39 am

Encoding the rest, now. 😁 Then, will be editing before I post them here.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I finally finished 10 Chapters. Here's the Prologue:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Prologue~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt like a thousand-year wait when he walked into the room. I struggled to find the words to say. I didn't have anything in my mind. The previous day's events still fresh in my brain. I didn't know what reaction was appropriate. Like the usual, my stomach was churning inside. But this time, more intensified. I bowed my head down & pretended to check my phone.

I didn't look up as he sat down on the chair in front of me. I fumbled with the keys on my phone as I pressed on them absent-mindedly.

"Hi." He started. He sounded unsure.

I had to look up then. There was no escaping the situation now. I was here & he was in front of me.

"Hi." I stifled a laugh. I don't know why, but it felt funny inside me.

"Something's funny, I see." His eyes seemed to probe mine.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Do you see? Really?"

"No, I don't... unfortunately."

"Well, that goes to say, because you are not Edward Cullen."

"...and I can't read your mind."

"Exactly."

"But I can read your face."

That made me freeze. He can read my facial expression? Awww... Noooo. This is unfair. I was hoping him to have something like what Carlisle has. Nothing really threatening. Reading minds & reading facial expressions seem alike, to me.

"What do you see, then?"

"I see amusement in your eyes, your blush tells me that you're feeling awkward, and you're not really checking your phone."

"H-how d-?"

"Your phone is upside down." he cut me off, laughing. "And you were muttering about what to say a while ago."

"Cheater. You didn't read my face."

He was laughing hard now. "It was easy to tell, really. I didn't need any supernatural powers to know."

"Do you honestly know how awkward this is for me?"

"I know. It's awkward for me, too. But, how do we put this past awkwardness if we act as if you don't know the truth about me, because you do?"

"That is a good point. But you cant erase the fact that it's still awkward."

"Yes, I know." And he just smiled inspite of what he said.

So, he was indeed a "Cold One" and there was nothing I can do with it. As if I could do anything if he wasn't, either.

He cleared his throat. I stiffened. Now, what...

"Uh- I'm going to meet Melissa for the New Moon script. She says it's done now and we're supposed to get our copy in time for rehearsals."

"Okay..." Then why would he ask me to come here, anyway?

"I was thinking, you can come with me to get it. I'm not really sure though if we're supposed to stay there for a while."

He couldn't read minds, he said. But I abandoned the thought. "I'm guessing I'm not allowed to be there."

"Oh. Why?" He looked surprised. The stupid, scheming almost-Volvo owner.

"Well, it's THE New Moon script. And nobody else is supposed to know what's in there." I said matter-of-factly.

"Hmmm..." he contemplated that for a while. "You don't have to meet them. I'll just go & get my copy & leave. How about that?"

"You said you weren't sure if you're supposed to stay for a while, though."

"I know. I'll think of a way. Otherwise, you'd have to meet them."

"And it will be the end of your career for bringing an unknown to a closed meeting."

"Let's hope it doesn't have to be that way."

"Can I ask a question?"

"Yes."

"Why am I here?"

"You're the Twilight expert. I need your help for my role."

"As if you need any of that..."

"That. Sounds. Like. Twilight." He put a stress on each word.

"Yes. And youre a..." I said slowly.

"I suppose it's my turn to say, 'Say it. Out loud. Say it' ?" He finished.

"Yeah, I suppose. But I'm not sure if you want me to really say it out loud, don't you?" My voice sounded distant.

"No, probably not."

"Good enough. It's still weird knowing you're really...uh- that."

"It's even unbelievable that you'd find out that way."

Yes. It was indeed unbelievable. It was like a Twilight scene. I never expected it. Until now it seems like I'm dreaming. How can something unreal be so true? I blanked out. He was looking straight into my eyes & they were so beautiful. I didn't realize I was staring until he asked.

"Are you alright?"

"Oh, y-yes." I stammered. I can't let him dazzle me the way he always does & get the truth out of me. That was just unfair & it would be like taking candy from a baby. An easy out. Hah! i won't let him do that, even if I know he could.

"So, are you up to meeting the New Moon cast?"

"No. I'd rather stay somewhere else. I can't afford to have you lose your job."

"You think too much. We'll find a way, don't you worry."

He stood up & walked over to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments? I need them before I post the rest. 😁
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 03, 2009 8:43 am

Here's Chapter One, at last. Human duties prevent me from posting these things... But, here goes:

Chapter One

I returned to my hotel room feeling very happy. I saw Rob Pattinson in person, and I skipped & jogged to my door. As I opened it, I was thinking of his smile. I have finally seen it up front. Of course, that included restarting my heart a nummber of times.

I hurriedly closed the door and sat down on the bed, opened my bag and-

"What?!?!" I didn't have the book in my bag! Where was it? I was sure I took it back after he signed it. "Oh no...My precious..Where are you?" I emptied the contents of my bag on the floor.

As I rummaged through my things, I thought about what happened. I didn't have to start at the very beginning. I tried to remember what happened after I placed my book on the table for him to sign. I recall him sliding the book toward him & flipping to the first page. I have scrawled my name, email and cellphone number there, so he turned the page before the preface. Right under the verse from Genesis.

And that's when my memory eluded me. The last thing I recall was seeing his dazzling smile and answering his questions about why I loved Twilight.

I forgot how long we had the question and answer portion. He was amazed and I bet, amused at how fast I was able to answer his every query.

I honestly forgot my book. Dang!

I fidgeted with anxiety and my stomach was like an urn churning. I didn't feel like eating or doing anything.

I tossed and turned in my sleep that night. I dreamed of my Twilight book chasing me. I woke up in the middle of the night laughing hysterically. It was ironic that my book was the one chasing me, instead of the other way around.

Of course, I could buy another one. BUT- it won't be the same one I read and started to love. I have a thing for sentimental value. And it didn't have Rob's autograph! OME! What a disaster. This must be the worst vacation of my life. A tragedy.

I wasn't able to go back to sleep, so I busied myself with daydreaming. I deliberately avoided the dreams that had anything to do with books or writing.

I tried to sing myself to sleep, but no song lulled me enough. I didn't dare listen to my Mp3 because I knew, once I hear Rob's music, I'd wallow again in sadness.

"Oh yeah. I did get that backstage pass and won that most coveted lunch date with M. Pattinson. But look where it got me? I lost my precious book!"

Oh, so I forgot my book! It just dawned on me...I left it with him!!! I forgot to get it back. I was sooooo immersed in the conversation that I forgot to get my book back!!! How did that happen? Oh, no!!!!

Yikes!

I remembered I had a folded piece of paper inserted somewhere in the pages of that book. It wasn't an ordinary piece of paper, though. I had written a few things about why I think Rob Pattinson was the hottest guy on earth, drool worthy and the best choice to portray Edward Cullen!!! I had originally meant to give it to him, but I decided against it, thinking I would look like an obsessed stalking fan. And I thought it was just too much.

Now, just because I forgot to get my book back, my secrets have been revealed. OME!

Then, I thought, he may not have seen that folded piece of paper. Why would he? But... But... He may have, too. He scanned my book, there was no doubt about it. Well, even if my name and number was written on the very first page, he was bound to flip through the pages of my precious book. He saw that I regarded it like a treasure.

I was already talking to myself.

"But wait- what's more important? A book or a day of unforgettable moments with Spunk?"

I sighed. I decided that weighing those two actually helped lightened my mood. I could just buy a new book and everything's going to be fine.At least the memories won't be lost. And the folded piece of paper forgotten.Hahaha. Okay, that could work.

The thought of his amusement to every answer I gave was enough to make my decision, to just buy a new book, final.

"I can do it." I grinned to myself. "Aja!"

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I was still laughing at my own stupid jokes, when my phone rang. I bet it was my mom calling from China to ask how my day went and if i was coping alone. I picked up my phone from my bed and answered it.

"Wei." Expecting my mom to go into a long rant about what a stupid mistake I made for not going with them. She personally thought that me, going to LA to have lunch with some actor, was rather uneventful or boring. She and my dad had tried to persuade me into giving my pass to a classmate. Of course I didn't give in. It was the chance of a lifetime to see RPattz in person.

"Uh- hello..." a male voice said, tentatively. This wasn't my mom, obviously. Nor my dad.

"Hello." I said in English. I presumed the person on the other line didn't understand Chinese.

"May I speak with Miss Flair Cui."

"This is she."

"Ma'am, this is Mr. Pattinson's assistant. He wishes to speak with you."

"Uhm...Okay..?" I didn't know what to say. I heard a rustle and a bustle, and someone walking towards the phone.

"Hello," said the most beautiful voice in the whole world.

"Yes?" Stupid brain. Why won't you work?

"Hi...uh..Flair? This is Rob. You uh- forgot your book yesterday."

"I-I have..?" I pretended to sound surprised. Now everything came back to me. After he signed the book, he never really returned it to me. I remember I saw him flip the pages of the book as if to search for questions to throw at me. Then I froze. The folded piece of paper!!!! OME!!!!

"Yes, you have. I'm sorry I forgot to give it back yesterday. I just noticed it last night before going to sleep, actually. I brought it with me home. I didn't want to wake you up to tell you, so I waited until morning."

Oh my god! Oh my god! there was that slip of paper in the book and I'm betting he saw that! I now remembered, I also had written his name all over it and doodled hearts around it. I am screwed.

Sensing he needed an answer soon, I said, "Thank you for reminding me, Rob. I wouldn't have noticed until I went back home and unpacked." Yeah, right. I have officially became a liar.

"Should I bring it there or- No. I'd rather you come here and get it. I'll have them prepare lunch. Let me treat you lunch. Im sorry."

"Oh, no. You don't have to do that. Really. I'll just come by and get it. I'll be fine. Thanks."

"Okay. Uhm...Can you hold the line for a moment?"

"Okay." And I heard another person talking in the background, but I couldn't make out any words.

"Hello," that first voice spoke again.

"Uh, yes..?"

"Mr Pattinson had to go and attend to some things. he instructed me to pick you up later, for lunch."

"Oh. That's a little too much, I think. Can you just tell me the address where I can retrieve my book? I'll just take a cab, sir." That didn't come out right, did it?

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. Mr Pattinson gave me specific instructions. It would be wise to follow them..I think." And I heard an amused chuckle.

"Oh, okay. I guess I could, if you could."

I gave him my hotel address and arranged for a car to pick me up 2 hours later.I checked my watch. It was 40 minutes past 6AM. So, I'd be expected to be ready by 8:30 the most.

nevertheless, I prepared what I'd wea. I thought I'd better get ready as early as now. Who knows I might forget something if I waited until later.

So I took a bath and bade my time drying my hair. i ttok each step real slow. I was being stupid again. Well, I was alone anyway. Nobody knew how lazy I was today. In reality, I just actually wanted to get dressed when the clock struck 8. Obsessive Compulsive. Yep, my OCD attacked again. Well, both the OCD meanings. The psychological term and the Twilight term. For some people who didn't understand the Twilight passion i had, they thought the psychological term had nothing to do with it. But, actually they weren't working against each other. They worked hand in had. I didn't bother to explain any further. They would be more confused if I say something else, anyway.

I got dressed, combed my hair, swung my backpack with all the essentials in it, walked out to the lobby and waited sitting on the sofa near the entrance. It was exactly 8:30AM, I was ready.

My phone rang after 10 minutes.

"Hello."

"Ma'am, I'm in the hotel lobby now, by the concierge." The voice spoke.

I looked up to see a middle-aged man standing in front of the concierge counter. He seemed to be looking for something- or someone, and had a phone pressed to his left ear.

"Okay. I'm here." I said, as I walked up to him never bothering to disconnect the call.

"Good morning. I'm Tristan, Mr Pattinson's assistant," he smiled.

"Hi, good morning, too. I'm Flair."

The gentleman reached out a hand to shake mine. "It's a good thing you accepted, rather, followed his instructions."

"Can I ask why?" I was suddenly curious and I couldn't help but ask.

"He would have come here, instead and bring you back himself. Which I know you'd rather not have or like."

"Yeah..This is even too much..." I muttered, as I followed Tristan outside to where his car was parked.

"I rather value my life, too." Tristan said with a hint of amusement.

"Would he take it agait you, really?"

"That was just a joke, ma'am." And he opened the backseat door for me. "Hop right in."

"Thank you." And slid in and marveled at the car's interior. It smelled nice aside from looking sleek & comfy. Although I didn't speak "Car and Driver" I knew this car was something.

The assistant slid in the driver's seat and started the car. "ma'am, i think it's best that you buckle up."

I nodded, as I fumbled at the seatbelt. "Another instruction?" The assistant just laughed. "Tristan, can I ask you a question?" I said as the car wove it's way out the hotel premises and into the highway.

"That depends if I can answer the question."

"Oh, I bet you can. It's rather easy."

"I'll take your word for it."

"Do you know what kind of car this is? the model?"

"Oh, an easy question, indeed. It's an Audi R8."

"Thanks. Even though I don;t understand car speak." I chuckled. "It's nice."

"Well, it's Mr Pattinson's car. He likes them fast."

"Just between you and me, but I won't hold it against you if you tell on me, he drives like a maniac, doesn't he?" Somehow, it was easy to talk to this assistant. He wasn't snotty like I expected him to be.

"Hahaha! Just between you and me, and I won't tell on you, he does Iike to drive like a maniac. "

"Was that a joke?"

"No ma'am. He really does." I saw Tristan look in the rear view mirror and winked at me. I smiled in return.

"You do have a knack of keeping a flowing conversation. No wonder Mr Pattinson was absorbed yesterday. But there's a big difference, though."

"Difference?''

"Yes. If I may, just an observation though. It seemed like you were the one who answered questions yesterday. Now, it's your urn to ask them."

"Oh..." I wrinkled my brows. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Answering questions or asking them?"

"Uh- I guess both... in my case..."I grinned sheepishly as I met Tristan's smile in the rear view mirror.

"I guess not, as long as the other person doesn't mind."

"I'm thinking, maybe I was annoying your boss yesterday and you- now."

"Oh, believe me. You were far from annoying him. You're alright, ma'am. He's never talked to anyone like that, before."

And I just noticed we were already past a gate and a house was becoming more pronounced as we drew nearer. "Here we are. Your book is inside." And he parked the car, carefully in front of the house.

The house had a modern look, yet solemn and medieval looking. Tristan opened my door and I stepped out. I had to gush out loud.

"WOW! My book was lucky to spend the night, here."

"Well, actually your book spent the night in M Pattinson's table."

We both laughed, as Tristan led me to the front door, opened it and let me in.

I stopped when I saw a Van Gogh painting on the wall next to a great oak staircase.

"It's true, then..." I remember my art teacher told us he shed tears when he personally saw a Van Gogh on exhibit. I had tears in my eyes, too.

Tristan seemed to notice I wasn't following him, anymore, and that I was fixedly staring at the panting teary-eyed. He came back for me and appraised the Van Gogh.

"Yes. It does affect your emotions when you see his paintings."

"It's beautiful," was all I could say.

I followed him to another room just a few doors to the right. It looked like a library.

"Do I have to hunt for my book, here?" My eyes widened in mock horror.

"No ma'am. This is where you wait. Mr Pattinson will be right down. I'll just go up and inform him you're here."

"Thanks, okay."

"You have quite a sense of humor. Mr Pattinson likes that."

"Uh?"

"Make yourself at home," he said smiling and left the room.

I was tempted to examine the books on the shelves. I fought the urge to even go near them to check out the titles. I thought to myself, I'm sure I can live in this room for a very long time. What with these supply of books.

I sank slowly to one of the couches. I felt like an idiot waiting for him. Like a prisoner waiting to hear the judge's decision of a sentence.

I wasn't used to this. Not that I've met many people like him, before. I just didn't believe he'd bother with this. He could've just let Tristan bring the book to me, or leave it somewhere and tell me where to get it.

I didn't understand why this one person, who was known almost all over the world, would do this.

Well, now that I thought about it, this person was also known to vanish into thin air after a public appearance. No one knew where he went. He may have been found bar-hopping- or with fellow actors having a good time, once, but other than that, there were also the big chunks of time he was absent from the public eye.

What did Rob Pattinson do? Where does he go? I was starting to sound like them paparazzi.

I drummed my fingers on the coffee table in front and let my mind wander to answers on where Rob went and what he did when he disappears.

I smiled as each thought became more and more impossibly absurd. Well, it was just a bunch of wild guesses, anyway. But who knows, if one of them was true?

I went through some interviews of him in my head. I noticed he doesn't hesitate to say what's in his mind. I liked how he did interviews. You had to really listen to whatever he said, because you might misunderstand what he was saying.

Then I heard footsteps coming from outside the open library door. It sounded like someone descending the oak stairs. I stiffened. I guessed I knew who was it.

"Oh no...Oh no..." I muttered and fidgeted. I was starting to hyperventilate when he appeared in the doorway, stopped in his tracks and stood just right next to the door. He titled his head to one side and smiled the crooked smile. I melted. My brain somehow stopped working again.

"So, Flair..." He started, and walked towards me. He sat down on the other end of the couch I was sitting on.

I wanted to answer, but I couldn't. I tried to smile, but I couldn't. I wanted to fan myself, but I couldn't. I just sat there, dumbfounded. He was so darned beautiful. Forgive me for saying this, but he was freakin hot.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Sun May 03, 2009 9:11 am

wait, there's something wrong with numbers... Chapter 7, Chapter 10, Chapter 1... lol!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 am

magic wrote:wait, there's something wrong with numbers... Chapter 7, Chapter 10, Chapter 1... lol!
    Laughing Actually, the first one was just an excerpt. The 2nd one was the prologue. Now it's the first chapter. My messed up brain. LOL. See what Edward-uh-Rob does to me?
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 am

aah ok I think I got it lol so you will post the whole thing in here or also in Fanfiction.com? Very Happy I am going to read it a soon as I finish with my human duties, Hale knows when that will be Surprised or maybe he doesn't know lol
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 03, 2009 9:26 am

I'll post it here, first. But I'll also post it on fanfiction.com. I'm not really a fan of my own writing, so I don't have the courage to really have a lot of people read my work. Very Happy
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Sun May 03, 2009 9:30 am

yeah, I understand that. If I would write something, which I will not cause I suck at writing lol I also would just let ppl who I know may understand it, to read it
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 am

Exactly. I can take criticism from people I know. So it's all good if I let them (you guys) read it. LOL.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 pm