Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

2 posters

Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives Empty Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives

Post  magic Wed May 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives

Variety is reporting that Robert Pattinson has signed on to star in yet another film, Unbound Captives by Madeline Stowe. He will star alongside karaoke buddy Hugh Jackman and actress Rachel Weisz.

“I saw three actresses, and knew after meeting with Rachel that she was the person I wanted to hand this role to,” she said. “Robert said yes last fall, before everything broke with ‘Twilight.’ Hugh said yes a couple of weeks ago.”

The story was originally supposed to star Stowe as the female lead when the film was first to be made by Ridley Scott as director in 1993. 16 years later, Stowe will be directing instead–

She would have played a woman (now to be played by Weisz) whose husband is killed and her two children kidnapped by a Comanche war party in 1859. She is rescued by a frontiersman, to be played by Jackman. Pattinson will play the son.

This film joins several other films Pattinson is working on, such as Bel-Ami and Remember Me .

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/05/robert-pattinson-to-star-in-madeleine-stowes-unbound-captives/

About Bel-Ami

About Remember Me

Ok, that is 3 movies now plus New Moon and Eclipse. When does Rob sleeps!!!!! :insanity: Ph, wait I forgot, vampires doesn't sleep Drool Laughing
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives Empty Re: Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives

Post  poisoned_rose Wed May 13, 2009 7:11 pm

to be fair Rob said yes before Twilight. That doesn't say he agreed more recently. He might have to pull out. Don't forget he mentioned doing a soundtrack for a film too in that ET preview so...he can't have that many projects on at the same time. Something has to give.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives Empty Re: Robert Pattinson to Star in Madeleine Stowe’s Unbound Captives

Post  magic Sun May 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Just the facts: Rob's role in "The Unbound Captives"

The film is based on a screenplay by Madeline Stowe. She was originally slated to star in the project. Variety described the film:

She [Stowe] would have played a woman (now to be played by Weisz) whose husband is killed and her two children kidnapped by a Comanche war party in 1859. She is rescued by a frontiersman, to be played by Jackman. Pattinson will play the son.

Please keep in mind that we do not have official confirmation from anyone on Rob’s team that he has signed officially for the project. Variety does tend to be accurate, however, and Hugh Jackman was asked about Rob playing the role and seemed to confirm it as well. Once again, this article is based on information from the original script. Details, names, and plot points can change substantially during the pre-production and filming process. And since we do not wish to spoil the movie, we’re keeping this to some pretty basic information at this time, and limiting the information to Rob’s character only.

Well, with the disclaimers out of the way, let’s take a short look at Robert Pattinson’s role in “The Unbound Captives”.

Character Name: PHINEAS

Age: The character is shown first at age 10, then again at approximately 17

As indicated in information published on the internet, Phineas was kidnapped as a child and assimilated in a Comanche tribe.
    Phineas (all descriptions here are of the character at age 17) is described as having long hair and pierced ears, presumably in the 19th-century Comanche style.
    Virtually all of his lines are in Comanche.
    The character’s Comanche name is Tsomo, which means “bead”.
    Yes, he rides a horse…bareback. He rides quite a bit, actually.
    Although the character does have a few flirtatious scenes, this is not a romantic-type role.
    * The older Phineas is in the latter parts of the script, perhaps the last third. It is definitely a supporting role.
    * Our source describes the character like this: “Phineas is pretty fierce. He’s been raised as a warrior. He can be silent and standoffish, but he can throw a bit of a fit, too.”

That’s a pretty basic character breakdown. Our source felt that the role was definitely a different one for Rob and would be physical, challenging and complex.

http://robpattinson.blogspot.com/2009/05/more-about-robs-role-in-unbound.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:21 pm