Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

4 posters

Eclipse Director disses Twilight???

Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Eclipse Director disses Twilight??? Empty Eclipse Director disses Twilight???

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 pm

David Slade just said something in an interview he is definetly going to regret….oh jeez. He better hire a bodyguard to keep away the rabid fangirls.

Today, however, it seems like Slade’s Twitter account has been deleted, which is a crying shame. Besides the loss of an interesting tweeter, another of the reasons this is unfortunate is that the deletion covers Slade’s tracks a little and hides a rather amusing little attack he launched on the Twilight franchise.

That being the very same Twilight franchise Slade has subsequently signed up to, and for which he will be directing the third installment, Eclipse. Oops.

So, the original Tweet might be gone but after the break we have audio of Slade ripping into Twilight and, if nothing else, its quite funny stuff… and I can’t help wondering what Summit Entertainment, the Twilight cast and Stephenie Meyer think about it?

In the interview, he said this was his reaction when someone asked if he wanted to see Twilight in theaters:
    “Twilight drunk? No, not even drunk. Twilight on acid? No, not even on acid? Twilight at gun point? Just shoot me.”

Was he joking? Or was he serious?
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Eclipse Director disses Twilight??? Empty Re: Eclipse Director disses Twilight???

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm

wow. has he been confirmed though? or is he just another rumor? cause i dont think someone would say that about a series that theyre set to direct a part of.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Eclipse Director disses Twilight??? Empty Re: Eclipse Director disses Twilight???

Post  magic Mon May 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I hope it's not true. Otherway I am afraid New Moon will not be any good Sad
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!

Post  poisoned_rose Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm

w-o-w. Thats even worse than Kristen's dad's comments about the Oscars.

Yeah David Slade has been confirmed.

Why would it affect NM, Laz?
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Mon May 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Well if he disses Twilight and as I understand it also is about its sequels... if he doesn't enjoying or like directing it then he also may not give its best into it. But maybe I just misunderstood something.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Mon May 04, 2009 9:27 pm

But David Slade isn't involved in NM at all. NM will already be in the cinemas by the time they start directing Eclipse. But I agree it spells bad news for Eclipse. Which is a shame because I had high hopes from him, as director of the majorly fawesome Hard Candy.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm

oh yes, my mistake. I meant for Eclipse lol well I am working and it's 3:30am so no wonder I mix up things lol Plus I am also starving food
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Mon May 04, 2009 9:38 pm

ahh yeah that makes more sense.
    Don't worry I get the crazy tiredness thingy. Its 1.30am here, and I've been up since 6am revising so...yeah my brain is running on vapours now. I just about managed to coax enough out of it to pop in on here for a bit. Not sure how much longer I'll last though Razz
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 pm

That makes me so worried. He IS confirmed, so that was pretty stupid of him to say. They should fire him, he's giving off bad publicity.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  magic Wed May 06, 2009 12:52 pm

From ParezHilton site

Slade wrote in an email:

"When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.

"Of course, I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.

"I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve."
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Wed May 06, 2009 1:09 pm

i almost believe him, since he admited it. but either way im not too worried about it. its not like he's gonna make it suck just because he didnt really like the story... he'll do his job.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:08 pm