Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+6
Jasper'sMineForever
Mizz Lola Marie Efron
Pretty_Twisted
trizn
LiONLAMBxox
JOSEPHINE !
10 posters

Why do you like Twilight?

JOSEPHINE !
    JOSEPHINE !
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 79
    Job/hobbies : Watching Skins. Writing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Why do you like Twilight? Empty Why do you like Twilight?

Post  JOSEPHINE ! Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 am

Yeah, hi, hello. It's me. The one who had a different opinion from you guys at the other forum. xD

But, I was just wondering... why do you like Twilight? I remember I had my reasons for liking it before, and now that I look back on them, most of them were pretty stupid. xD So... why? It's always better to know both sides of the spectrum. Chyeah.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Why do you like Twilight? Empty Re: Why do you like Twilight?

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:42 am

JOSEPHINE ! wrote:Yeah, hi, hello. It's me. The one who had a different opinion from you guys at the other forum. xD

But, I was just wondering... why do you like Twilight? I remember I had my reasons for liking it before, and now that I look back on them, most of them were pretty stupid. xD So... why? It's always better to know both sides of the spectrum. Chyeah.

different opinion? rofl.

id say i like twilight because its the epitome of fawesome, but i somehow dont think thats what you want.

basically, im a pretty hard person to please. i like romance, but not pointless romance with nothing but fluff. i like action, but not just a movie full of car chases and explosions, and i like angst but not something that makes me depressed for weeks afterwards. twilight combined everything that i DO love together in a way that was perfect for me. and thats one reason.

another reason is OBVIOUSLY edward. im 19. and im pretty unexperience with guys for my age... but if i got to pick what i wanted in a boyfriend it would be edward. sweet, intellegent, protective, romantic, caring... he comes with flaws, and that makes him even more perfect to me. its like dreaming about the most perfect unatainable guy. the way that he loves bella. unconditionally and nothing will ever change that. he would love her no matter what she ever did. that makes edward the dream guy more than anything. its not that he's hot. not that his eloquence, and not the fact that he's a vampire(at all). its the way that he loves bella... the way that he wont ever let anything come inbetween them.

those are just two reasons. i could go on and on and on and on about why i love twilight... but its late lol and i think theyll make less and less sence as i go on.
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 am

Well, aside from the obvious (I'm inlove with a fictional character), I can relate to Edward. I also love the world Stephenie Meyer created. It's nowhere like I've encoutered before in fantasy-land. I don't mind that she has her own "breed" of vampires. What I also love about it is the author's passion; that she wasn't afraid to share it with others by writing 4 books about it (sans Midnight Sun, coz it's not done, yet). I may have something more to say, but that's all for now. 😁
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:11 am

that crap persons post totally violates the cullenate doctrine! joke or not! someone should edit it outttt and out of my post in the quoteee. i would, but that would be like a conflict of interestsssss. rofl is that even the word.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 am

There are so many reasons why i love the Twilight series.

Number One reason is Jacob!! He is the most awesome character i have ever read about in a book. He has so many characteristics, and is one of the most 3 dimensional characters i have learnt and read about in a long time.

Another reason is that is a great way to escape the grips of Hell, or reality, as it is currently known. I love getting away in a book. Twilight did that for me.

It is one book that dragged me through soooooo many emotions in a matter of chapters, there was a few times i cried, i laughed, i felt sorry for the charactersm i got angry. I threw Breaking Dawn at the wall. So i have a passion there because i have never gotten angry enough to that before.

Most importantly though, i relate to the character of Jacob, he drew me in, so many of his characteristics are also in me, he seemed real, human, like someone i could meet at Uni or whatever and hang with on weekends. I love having characters like that.

I have like a thousand things running through my head right now, but my brain is moving a little too fast for my hands....lol...

Twilight is just the eptiome of all that is good in fiction....
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 am

JOSEPHINE ! wrote:Yeah, hi, hello. It's me. The one who had a different opinion from you guys at the other forum. xD

I like it because it's something different and I like Meyer's version of vampires. I know ALOT about vamps and actually her way of vampires wouid make more sense realistically.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 am

hahaha and once again i do it myself.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:54 am

Do what yourself? Am i missing somethng? LOL!
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:56 am

Pretty_Twisted wrote:Do what yourself? Am i missing somethng? LOL!

hahaha i deleted that persons "madlib" with my post lol. i wasnt going too since it was MY post that he was messing with lol, but i just did it anyways. cullenate doctrine violation dude!
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 am

I didnt undertand a single thing that person was saying anyway, so im glad it is gone....lol....
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm guessing that person was just messing up with us. Hmmm... troll possibly. 😁 I'll be on the lookout for anything "unusual."

I guess that's another reaason why I love Twilight, too. A lot of people take time to bash & diss it because it's so successful & they can't bellieve that someone like Sparxy can be cool & that some people like us would fall for him. Oh, and Jacob, too. Very Happy
    Jasper'sMineForever
    Jasper'sMineForever
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1909
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my Vampire Dream-boys <3 xoxo
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

Post  Jasper'sMineForever Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 am

Like most of the posts before mine ^^^^^^^^^ hehe I would have to say that there are an infinite number of reasons why I like the Twilight saga.

First I should admit that I did not get the books until a couple of months ago and I am seriously mad at myself for not getting them sooner. But aside from that I am a sucker for a good romance. Mr Darcy makes me weak at the knees haha. (he's got nothin on our Aldente though!!!!! eyebrow raised haha)

Second I was and still am a huge Buffy fan. That's what really got me hooked on the whole vampire tales I guess. But I also have this fascination with most things undead. haha. So I watch or read most things about Vampires that I can get my grubby little mitts on. Anything supernatural I guess. I know I'm weird hehe.

If I go into anymore detail I'll be here all week.

Laterz
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Tue May 05, 2009 1:12 am

I think it's better if we just say that Twilight is our brand of heroin. LOL. I admit I am addicted to it. I'm not ashamed at all.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Tue May 05, 2009 2:19 am

I haven't replied on this one yet. Actually I like it cause it gave me the same feelings I got after playing particular play in theatre. From one side I wanted to get ride of the feelings cause I didn't like then. From the other side, I loved them. Made me wanting more. Exactly like my brand of heroin, that's true. I loved how it ticked my nerves while reading about what was going between Bella and Edward. I think those were the reasons.
    Blood Angel
    Blood Angel
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 121
    Job/hobbies : Student/Warehouse Drone
    Registration date : 2009-04-09

Post  Blood Angel Tue May 05, 2009 10:19 am

For me, it's a very pleasant escape. Because of dysthymia, I have a of trouble feeling good, so I read about others feeling good. Or bad sometimes. At any rate, it's a good change of pace from just feeling.......apathy.
    Vampiria
    Vampiria
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post  Vampiria Wed May 06, 2009 4:45 am

i like it because it's a nice story, not because it's about vampires and werewolves and stuff, but it's a nice love story...it's rare to find a couple who love each other as much as Edward and Bella do in real life...
    and i like Edward's character, his understanding, forgiving...
    Magic23143
    Magic23143
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : Horses, Drag racing
    Registration date : 2009-08-29

Post  Magic23143 Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 pm

l enjoy Twilight because the the characters are easy to relate to and likeable also the story itself just draws you in. When i was reading the books it was like i could not put them down cause i had to know what was going to happen next. Embarassed SM IMO did a really good job writing all 4 novels i enjoyed each one for different reasons!! I have gotten 2 of my friends hooked on them too and they love them as much as i do!! jump

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:24 pm