Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

2 posters

Under The Moonlight

Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Under The Moonlight Empty Under The Moonlight

Post  Pretty_Twisted Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:05 am

Ok this is my first attempt at Twilight fan fiction, i will post more only if you like it, if not i will just bin it like i was going to! LOL! Well here is the prologe -

Prologe -

I remembered him saying something about how they could change even without the moon. It seemed a bit odd. All of the old legends pointed to the Moon’s control. Apparently, they weren’t the real legends. As I caught little bits of the conversation I could feel the gears start working in my head again, I haven’t really been thinking the last few days or listening really, but i know why. I could feel something start to bubble in my throat and it worked its way up until I opened my mouth and whatever I wanted to say came out.

'Jacob, why are you telling me this?' i asked, turning away, hoping against hope he didnt know. Edward Cullen had promised me when he read my mind last week that he wouldnt tell Jacob my secret. I know he imprinted on me, and i should be able to tell him anything as Edward had pointed out, but i need to tell him in my own time. It took me a moment before i realized Jacob was talking again, his deep husky voice flowing through me, my body sending electric currents to my brain to tell me, remind me, that he is mine. 'Were you even listening? he asked, his brow creasing together in frustration. 'Um, no, sorry Jake, look, i am just really tired ok, i think i need to go home and sleep, ok?'

I got up and walked from the couch, Jacob had caught me before i reached the bedroom door. 'Are you ok?'. It was hard to lie to Jacob, i wanted to tell him what was wrong, what Edward Cullen knew, but that would infuriate him even more, since the Quileutes and the vampires, despite mutal agreements last year are not on speaking terms at the moment. 'Im fine' i answered, looking down, trying my best not to cry. Jacob wrapped his warm hand in mine, but withdrew it quickly. I looked up, startled by his repsonse.

'Tennille, you are hot, really hot'. I smiled my devilish smile in his direction, hoping to distract him from the heat coming from my skin 'Well i know im hot Jacob, i get you excited every night dont i?' and with that he laughed, a low throaty sound that sent shivers down my spine. Gosh i love him. He grabbed my hand again, decided to ignore the question he asked before and took me into the bedroom.

We both lay on the double bed, the silk sheets rubbing against our skin, sticking to us both. Jacob had his large arms around me, pulling me against him. It was nice, despite the fact he had a temperature of 1oh8 and mine at the moment seemed to spiking up as well. 'Tennille, you smell really nice' Jacob whispered into my hair as i was falling asleep. 'Didnt i always smell nice Jake?' i asked, looking up into his dark brown eyes and wiping a strand of his long black hair from his face, he seemed to ponder the thought for a moment, leaned in closer to me and barely whispered 'yes, you did always smell nice, like raspberry and cream, but i dont know, there is just a little something wild about it now that is really turning me on'. I laughed into the pillow as Jacob pulled me up and onto his chest, where i rested my head, his breathing even, and making me relax.

I lay there, not falling asleep like i had planned, but instead listening to Jacob's low snoring, a sound that always relaxes me, even when it is in the middle of the day like today. But with all the rain and cloud cover outside it could easily be mistaken for night.

I decided to allow Jacob to sleep since he had been on patrol last night, protecting La Push. I slowley got off his chest and walked the short hallway to the bathroom, where i removed my clothing and turned the hot water on. It wasnt long before the bathroom filled with steam. Before hoping in the shower i looked on the mirror hanging above the white tiled basin. There is was, the scratch, the one Jacob hasnt seen, i am pretty good at covering it up with make up now. It tainted my body, it made me hideous, i know Jacob wouldnt see it like that, but if only he knew, if only i had the guts to tell him the truth.

I turned to see the calender on the back of the wooden bathroom door. 3 more weeks. Good. I can do that. I had to tell Jacob in the next three weeks, or that leech Edward Cullen might spill the beans. I didnt think he would, but you can never be to sure.

I reached my hand up to my scratch, it wouldnt heal, it was long, from my collar bone down to my hip bone. It wouldnt heal properly either. I had had it for a while now, but it was still there, red, open and deep in my skin. I shudder, quickly jumping into the shower. Sitting on the floor i decided. I must tell Jacob tomorrow. It was only fair.

Ok well that was all i had for the prologe, because i wasnt sure if i was going to like it, but if you like it i will continue and post another chapter tomorrow
    twiheart
    twiheart
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 460
    Job/hobbies : makeup...and Twilight Saga :)
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Under The Moonlight Empty Re: Under The Moonlight

Post  twiheart Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 pm

[quote="Pretty_Twisted"]

'Tennille, you are hot, really hot'.[quote]

LMAO!! im sorry but i was scanning through it and i just saw that and it made me laugh! that was the first thing i read! lol

im SOOOO gonna read this when i get more time Smile
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner

Post  Pretty_Twisted Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Hahaha yeah i like that part. Well here is chapter one, which is the slowest boringest chapter ever, but it has to be like that, so i can start to set a scene for the rest....

Chapter one –

I awoke with the light rain hitting my naked back. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get bearings on where I was. I turned my head to see if I knew. OUCH. As sharp pain shot across my chest and down the left side of my body.

I looked down to see three long, fresh scratches; they trailed from my collar bone down to my hip bone. The wound was deep; I could see the muscle tensing where the skin was open. Blood was still dripping slowly from all three marks. Wincing I slowly and gingerly got to my feet, using a nearby oak tree as support.

The rain was only light, but the clouds over head as I looked up were heavy set and so grey they were almost black in colour. I needed to get out of here and quickly. Ignoring the pain from my scratches I scanned my surroundings. I was in the forest, that much was clear; the greenery would have been nice on any other occasion. But not today, all I wanted to do was get home and have a nice hot shower, get cleaned up and dressed.

Looking ahead I noticed a familiar red house, very barn like, my boyfriend Jacob Black’s house. I wondered to myself if I would be able to sneak into his bedroom and grab some clothing without anyone seeing me. I knew Jacob would still be asleep. But I wasn’t so sure if his father would be.

Slowly I walked to the edge of the forest, having a quick look left and a quick look right before running, faster then I though possible, across the short dirt road and around to the side of the house. I found Jacob’s window and was pleased to see him sound asleep and looking so young and innocent on his double bed, which with his enormous size looked to small for him.

With a small creak I opened Jacob’s bedroom window, and with a light thump I landed on the carpet in his much too small bedroom. I crept over to the dresser, directly across from his bed, and pulled out an old Marilyn Manson Tour shirt I had left here on my last visit, along with a pair of Jacob’s plain black sweats.

I turned to leave, staring for a moment at my boyfriend, his long black hair a mess, spread all over his pillow, his both feet hanging off the end of his bed, even though he was lying diagonally so he could fit. His russet brown skin seeming to glow in the small bit of sunshine that was just now trying to break through the clouds outside.

As I turned to the window Jacob mumbled in his sleep. I felt my heart skip a beat; I didn’t want to have to tell him why I was here, heck I didn’t even know how it is I ended up in the forest with nothing on. Jacob simply turned his head, still in a deep sleep. I swiftly lent down and kissed his forehead before jumping out the window.

It felt good to have clothing on. I was running through La Push, trying to get home before I ran into someone who might start asking questions that I didn’t have an answer too.

‘Tennille, wait up, what are you doing out so early’ a male’s voice called behind me. I recognised him right away. It was Quil, knowing my luck he was coming back from his patrol last night. I really hope he hadn’t seen me at all.

I turned around and waved ‘Hey Quil, you just getting back now?’ I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. ‘Yeah, I am on my way back now, not much going on out there tonight. I could have sworn I heard another wolf, but it was probably one of the pack trying to scare me’ his dark brown eyebrows came together as he was lost in thought.

Quil and I were walking back together as we lived right next door to one and other. Deciding to keep the conversation light I asked ‘So how is Claire?’ like a light bulb just being switched on his face let up at Claire’s name. ‘She is good, she is in pre-school now, she really likes it, and she has new friends as well apparently’. The excitement in Quils voice was almost enough to make me laugh. Imprinting was still strange to me. Not that I am complaining. I got a great boy out of the imprinting thing.

We were right at the corner shop which backs on to mine and Quils land when he looked at me, a serious expression playing across his face ‘Tennille, can you smell that? It smells like blood, I thought I was imagining it before, but now I know I’m not, the salt and rust smell just seems to be getting stronger as we go’. ‘No, I can’t smell anything Quil, I am not a freak like you guys remember, human’ I said, pointing to myself on the last word. ‘Yeah, I guess’ he said, the same serious expression on his face. ‘Well, we are here, I will, um, catch you later yeah?’ I said, my voice cracking a little bit toward the end. And before he could even answer I was running the short distance to the front door of house, giving Quil a quick wave as I entered my living room.

The living room of my house was very small, it had a flat screen TV, one blue country style couch, a small cabinet full of DVD’s and CD’s and a glass coffee table in the centre of the room. I managed to walk the short hall to the bathroom without a sound.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and splashed some cold water on my face, hoping it would wake me up properly and help me remember how I ended up naked in the forest. I really don’t remember drinking anything at all, and that is the only logical explanation I could think of.

I slid down the back of the bathroom door, my face in my hands, my long, silk black hair falling down over my face. I began to cry. I was in pain, my entire body felt like it had been ripped apart, my head was sore, my eyes heavy as though I haven’t slept in days and scratches on my body that I had no idea where from.

How could this get any worse?

Looking around the bathroom one more time I removed the clothing I had taken from Jacob’s house, staring at myself in the mirror. The scratches down my chest and to my hip were still stinging, but they had stopped bleeding at least. I was looking at them and wondered if I would need stitches, too bad I had no intention of going and getting stitches anyway, I didn’t want to be hassled with all of the questions. And in a small town like this, it was no doubt the story would get back to my mother, who is in a fragile state at the moment since my father walked out. I didn’t want her to be worrying about me when she should be concentrating on herself.

Ignoring the pain I was in, I turned the taps and filled the bath with bubble mix. I lit a few vanilla scented candles and put on some music using the battery powered cassette radio that was on the basin.

The bath was nice, and it seemed to help ease some of the pain in my body. I was laying in the bath, staring down at my pale skin under the water when a soft knock brought me back to earth. ‘Tennille, honey it’s me’. It was my mum, her soft, mouse like voice sounding as though she had just woken up. ‘Yeah, mum, what is it?’ I asked, climbing out of the bath and wrapping a large blue towel around myself before opening the door.

She threw herself at me, her tears hitting my already wet shoulders. ‘What is it mum?’ I asked, pulling her up to look at her. Her dark brown eyes were full of sadness, but also worry. The lines in her face were visible, and it looked like she hadn’t slept. ‘Oh Tennille, I am just glad you are alright, you didn’t come home last night, and I didn’t know where you were’. I stared at her, bewildered. Wow, she knows more then I do about last night then. ‘Oh I am sorry mum’ I said, trying to sound more concerned then confused as I was.

‘Honey, if this has anything to do with the pain of your father leaving you know you can always talk to me, it is better then acting out’ she said, the mum tone I knew so well returning to her mousy voice. She looked down and scanned me for a moment, seemingly just now realising that I was only in a towel. ‘I will let you get dressed and then we talk ok?’ she said, giving me one final hug before leaving the room.

Entering my bedroom I felt a wave of relief wash over me. My bedroom was my haven. The black walls barely visible under all the band posters and memorabilia on the walls, the white carpet, soft under my toes, barely visible under my dirty laundry. I reached over to the old dresser and pulled out a black mini skirt, red halter top, net arm stockings with matching fishnets and a long black trench coat.

I turned and looked over myself in the mirror that hung on the back of my door; no scratches were visible beneath my clothing. Good. My long black hair and pale skin seemed a little different to me today, but I didn’t know what it was. The confusion in my crystal blue eyes was evident even to me.

Pulling on some red military boots I went into the small kitchen where I knew my mother would be. But she wasn’t alone. She was sitting at the small round table having a coffee with Jacob. He looked stunning, his long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, his muscles looking even bigger then that had last night. He was wearing a simple white tank and black jeans. No shoes. He looked like an angel in my opinion.

Pulling myself out of my Jacob revive I entered the kitchen, kissing Jacob before grabbing a glass of water and taking the only unoccupied seat at the table. Mum was looking between the two of us, a smile playing across her face. ‘Well I need to get to work early this morning. You two kids have fun today okay? Don’t get into any trouble now’ she said, smiling at the both of us before leaving the room.

‘So to what do I owe this pleasure Jacob Black?’ I asked, leaning across the table closer to him. ‘I have no idea what you mean, I am always here’ he replied, flashing me his gorgeous smile, which seems to light up his entire face. ‘You are never here this early Jacob’ I said, taking his hand in mind. ‘Well you got me’ he said, letting out a low throaty laugh. He was now rubbing the back of my hand with this thumb ‘ Quil said he seen you this morning, and he said something might be wrong, and I really just wanted to see if you were ok’.

I thought back to earlier and the state Quil must have seen me in. Crap. Looking at Jacob it was hard to lie, but I didn’t want him to worry about me, not now, not when I didn’t even know what was wrong. ‘I was just out for my morning jog’ I answered, looking down at the table halfway through the sentence, not wanting to look at him when I was lying like this. ‘You jogging? Really?’ he was laughing whole heartedly now, I began laughing as well. ‘Ok fine, you got me, I just had some errands to run, and as you know, my car isn’t working, and my mechanic is taking forever to fix it’ I said, flashing my devilish grin in his direction. ‘Well, Tennille, I am guessing this mechanic of yours is constantly distracted with much more exciting things to do’ Jacob answered, scanning my entire body with his eyes.

He got off his chair and was kneeling at my feet, his head on my knees, his hand rubbing my left thigh. The feeling of his warm hands were sending electric currents through my body. ‘Wanna go riding today?’ he asked. Looking up at me, his dark brown eyes hopeful with excitement. I just couldn’t say no to Jacob, no matter how much pain I was in, I couldn’t say no, not when he was this excited. ‘Ok, we will go riding’ I replied, and with that he picked me up with ease off the chair and into his arms, kissing me softly on my lips, the warmth making me yearn for more. With that we called goodbyes to my mum who was still in her bedroom preparing for work and left the house to get out bikes and head to our favourite riding place.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:42 am

Chapter 2 –

The soft purring of the red motorcycle was vibrating underneath me. My feet firmly planted on the ground. ‘Dare to race me to the opening around the corner?’ I asked, flashing a grin in Jacob’s direction. ‘You know I will have to take it easy on you right?’ he said, returning my grin with his smile that I loved so much. ‘Sure, Sure’ I said, laughing at myself at the little saying I had picked up from Jacob since getting with him almost a year ago now. ‘On the count of three’ Jacob called, over the loud revs he was making on his motorcycle. ‘One, Two’ and before the count of three he took off. I quickly pulled my feet off and streamed after him, my long black hair flowing with the wind behind me. When I reached the opening on the corner Jacob was sitting there smiling up at me. ‘You know you wouldn’t have beaten me if you didn’t cheat right?’ I say, turning off the ignition and hoping off the bike.

Jacob followed suit, turned off his ignition and coming over to me, wrapping his large, warm arms around me. I sighed into his chest, still wondering about what happened to me last night. Jacob must have guessed something was wrong because with that he took his hand and placed it under my chin, pulling my face up to look at him. His dark brown eyes were full of worry. ‘Babe, you know you can tell me anything’ he said, his low voice like music to my ears, and his warm breath playing across my face. ‘I know Jake, but I am fine really’. He put his arms back around me and we stood like that for a short moment.

I could have stayed like this for a long time. But it wasn’t to be, it felt like only a short amount of time before I could hear footsteps approaching. I looked up at the same moment Jacob had. But I couldn’t see anyone. ‘Hey guys’ Jacob called into the distance.

Then from behind a large green bush some of Jacob’s pack brothers appeared, Sam was in front, a look of frustration and anger on his face. Quil was right behind him, looking sad and ashamed. To his left was Jared, and to his right was Paul. Right at the back was Embry, looking as though he was going to explode any second.

‘Wow, you guys look like the walking dead’ Jacob said, a small laugh escaping his throat. They approached us, Sam looking a bit more composed then the others. I felt like I was intruding, even though I knew they had no problem with me being there since it was ok to tell your imprintee everything.

Sam was the first to speak. ‘This really is no time for jokes Jacob’ his voice was harsh in a controlled way. His brow was pulled together and he still looked frustrated and angry, and he continued ‘there was an attack last night, an animal attack according to the police reports, the tribal elders are not happy, they don’t think it was us, but we need to be on the lookout from now on’ he finished. Standing, just like the rest of the pack with his arms folded across his bare chest.

‘Well we are surrounded by forests Sam’ Jacob huffed, waving his hands around the place we were standing ‘and animals generally do inhabit forests. What has it got to do with us’ Sam looked taken aback by Jacob’s remark. ‘Jacob, this was a lot worse then any animal in these forests could have done, the young mans body was ripped apart, he had bites and scratches over his entire body and his heart is missing’ Sam explained, looking as though this was an obvious response. I felt Jacob shudder beside me. I tightened my arm around his waste, hoping to comfort him in any way possible. ‘We are meeting with the Cullen’s tonight, I need you to be there Jacob’ Jacob opened his mouth to argue, but Sam cut him off ‘we meet at the treaty line at midnight’ and with that Sam waved us goodbye and turned to leave.

The minute they were gone Jacob started pacing. I was standing there, my eyes following his every step. ‘Great, now we need to go and be BFF’s with them bloodsuckers again. Why do we need to involve them in every thing we do. We can handle something as small as animal attack, no matter how horrific it is’. His arms were shaking with anger, I wanted to comfort him, but he had always told me when he got this angry to stand as far back as possible. So slowly I backed away a bit and sat on the seat of my bike. ‘I really don’t think this has anything to do with them, it clearly isn’t a leech doing this, so what good will they be?’ Jacob’s entire body was shaking now. I stepped around the bike now. Jacob balled his hands into fists and held them up to his eyes, and slowly his body stopped shaking until only his hands were shaking.

I approached Jacob and put both of my arms around his large torso, looking up into his eyes. He signed before placing his arms around me and pulling me close. ‘I am sorry for losing it just now Tennille’ he said, kissing my forehead. ‘Don’t be, your right it really has nothing to do with those leeches’ and with that Jacob laughed, pulling me tighter and kissing me passionately. My entire body was screaming for Jacob, wanting more. It felt to soon when he pulled away, looking at his watch. ‘Tennille, we have been out here for hours’ he said, looking a little saddened at the thought of having to go home. ‘Come back to my place’ he asked eagerly, his smile lighting up his entire face.

We walked the bikes back to Jacob’s place and put them in the garage. Then we headed into the house and sat on the TV, watching some soap opera that was on TV. It was then that my entire body started aching. I looked at the clock above the mantelpiece. It was 2 in the afternoon. I decided to get something to eat. Just as I was thinking this I heard Jacob’s stomach let out a low rumble. ‘Hungry?’ I asked. ‘Just a little bit’ he said, placing his head on my shoulder and closing his eyes.

I got up from the couch and made a few salad sandwiches. Jacob and I were sitting at the small round table in his kitchen, which looked to small for him, I laughed to myself remembering the one time I had seen the entire pack crammed into this small kitchen.

As time went by my body started aching even more. I just wanted to curl up and sleep, but I couldn’t. I didn’t want to give Jacob a reason to worry. It was then that a faint knock at the door seemed to wake us both from our own little worlds.

Jacob crossed the room in three long strides and opened the front door. It was Bella. I liked Bella. For a vampire she was really nice. Her pale white skin looking smooth, her golden brown eyes made her almond shaped eyes stand out even more from the rest of her features. Jacob stood aside to let her in.

She came and sat on the floor across from where I was sitting, Jacob sat next to me, taking his hand in mine. Bella was the first to speak. Her voice like a melodic song. ‘I am assuming you know what happened to that man here in Forks?’ she asked, flashing a dazzling smile at the both of us. ‘Yes, we have’ Jacob answered, his face looking angry again. I squeezed his hand tighter and he relaxed a little bit. Some of the anger draining from his face.

I couldn’t help but notice how different Bella smelt to me. The last time I had seen her she smelt nice, like lemon and limes. But today she smelt stronger, a strange smell I didn’t recognise and it was hurting my nose. I ignored it and listened to the rest of the conversation.

Jacob and Bella spoke about what they think could have done it. Bella seemed to think Jacob’s theory of some random wild animal from the woods was way off. She thought it was something bigger then that, something different, something we hadn’t seen before. Jacob chose to ignore her, I could tell he wanted it to be a normal animal, he didn’t want to have to face any dangers anymore. He had told me once that he was glad that was all in the past and he could just be happy now with me.

I looked up at the clock again, it was 4pm, and my entire body felt like it was being torn apart now. I wanted to go and lay down. To rest. But I wouldn’t, I didn’t want Jacob to worry anymore then he already is. It was then that the scratches on my chest and down to my hip started stinging again. If felt like I had just received the scratch, and to me if felt like I was bleeding again. I pressed my hand to the part where the scratch started. I could tell it wasn’t bleeding. I looked up and noticed Bella staring at me, I gave her a warning look for her not to say anything.

‘Well Edward is here to pick me up, we are going in to Port Angeles, I need to grab a few things’ Bella announced, and at that moment someone knocked on the door. Bella stood up, but Jacob motioned for her to sit and went and got the door, stepping aside so Edward could enter.

Edward and Bella were sitting directly across from Jacob and me. I was wondering how vampires were all so beautiful. Edward looked up at me. Oh right mind reader I thought, looking down at Jacob’s hand in mine. I was distracted by the contrast of our skin. Jacob’s was tan and mine was almost as pale as Bella and Edward’s.

When it was getting closer to five o’clock I felt as though my body was going to shut down, it felt as though I was going to vomit, my head was pounding and the scratch on my body was throbbing.

Edward looked up at me as he spoke ‘Tennille, your thoughts, they are different to other people’s’ he said, looking lost in thought, almost as though he was talking to himself. Jacob and Bella who were having a conversation about the man who was attacked looked over to us at Edward’s words.

I looked down at him, confusion and pain clearly written all over my face ‘how so?’ I asked, he cleared his throat and let out an unnecessary breath before continuing. Jacob pulled me closer to his side as Edward spoke ‘well, it is just that your thoughts seem broken, they don’t come in fill sentences or in images like most people, your’s are more broken, and I can only catch certain words, phrases even. Sometimes all I hear is like static, like an untuned radio station’ I looked at him with my mouth hanging open. Jacob rubbed my arm reassuringly. I looked at Jacob and asked ‘is that bad?’ he laughed his throaty laugh and said ‘ Well I think it is a blessing, I would love not to have Edward Cullen in my head at all. But if the closest you can get to not having him in there is broken thoughts, you my dear, are very lucky’ I laughed with him.

It was right on 5 when Bella and Edward got up to leave. Jacob and I walked with them to the front door to say goodbye properly. The sun was slowly going down, the moon would be rising soon. This thought for whatever reason made me nervous, a sick feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. As though he could feel my discomfort Jacob pulled me closer, holding me tight, his warm body seemed to fit like a jigsaw puzzle with mine.

As Edward and Bella drove away in the Volvo I saw Edward’s head snap back toward me, a look of utter horror on his normally emotionless, beautiful face. I felt the sudden urge to run after them and hurt him, I didn’t know why, but that feeling didn’t last long as Jacob whisked me into his arms and carried me over to the lounge, landing softly on top of me, holding his weight with his left hand as he stroked my cheek with his right hand, his lips pressing down on mine.

Jacob and I were interrupted from our couch make out session by the shrill sound of the phone ringing it. Jacob sighed and pulled himself off of me, walked into the kitchen and picked up the receiver. ‘Tennille, it is your mum, she is making you something special for dinner and wants you to go home’ he said. I got up off the couch and had a rushed conversation with my mum.

I hung the phone back up on the wall and before I could turn around Jacob was behind me, his arms around my waist, I leaned into him, enjoying the wild, musky smell that was coming from his body. ‘I better go’ I turned around to face him, his arms still around me ‘Want me to drive you’ he asked. ‘No, that is ok, I will walk, it isn’t that far, you stay here and rest, I can tell you need it, and you have that meeting tonight with the bloodsuckers’ I say. ‘Ok, love you’ he said, pressing his lips to mine. ‘I love you too Jake’ I say, pressing my lips firmer to his, our mouths moving in time with each other, our tongues fighting for domination. Reluctantly I pulled away, letting out a sigh. ‘I will see you tomorrow’ he said, kissing me softly one more time.

The walk home felt longer then it normally would. I was struggling to see clearly, my eyes felt foggy and heavy, and my entire body streaming with waves of pain. I fell to my knees on the side of the road, my hands in my hair, pulling at it in my pain and frustration.

Looking up at the night sky only seemed to worsen the pain, absentmindedly I tore at my halter top, ripping it and my trench coat off at the same time, my scratch was bleeding again now, and it felt fresh, the muscles beneath it were throbbing in pain. I let a loud scream escape my throat. I was glad that I was not near any houses as I tried to crawl my way toward the direction my house was in.

Was I dying?

At the instance I had that thought a strong ripping pain sped through my body, I hunched over, throwing my head back in pain, my nails digging into the grass and dirt in front of me. I felt like my skin was tearing apart at the seams. I felt like my jaw was broken and was forced into a mouth that was too small for it. I screamed in pain again.

My mobile phone, was ringing from the pocket of my coat, I fumbled around of it and pulled it out. ‘Jacob’ I answered ‘Tennille, Tennille are you ok, I just, I felt this wave of pain wash through me and I knew it had to be you, please tell me you are ok?’ he sound frantic, and I could hear his breathing getting heavier as he spoke. ‘I-I-I’m fine’ I choked out ‘Look, Jake, you. Are. Going. To. Get. Me. In. trouble.’ I managed to get out before another burst of pain shot through my entire body. I almost dropped the phone. ‘Jacob I will call you in the morning ok’ I breathed into the phone, ‘sure, sure’ he replied. ‘I love you Jacob, always’ I managed to get out before my entire body arched back, I fell forward again. ‘I love you too Tennille, forever’ I heard him say before I dropped the phone and threw my head back screaming in pain.

It was then that everything went black….
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 am

Chapter 3 –

The rain was beating down against my bedroom window. The sun was nowhere to be seen. I sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes. It took a few minutes to wake up properly, and that is when the smell hit me. It was like bleach and it was sickly sweet. I turned around and vomited into the cup of water that was on my black wooden bedside table.

Slowly I got out of bed, my legs were shaky and my eye’s heavy. To my surprise I looked down to see I was naked. ‘Not again’ I thought as I picked up my purple robe from the floor. Before I reached the door I could hear the voices. One was my mother, and the other was a voice I recognised but couldn’t put a face to at this point in time.

I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I looked like death warmed up. My long black hair was matted and dirty, my face was pale and I had dark circles under my eyes, the scratch on my chest and to my hip was still stinging, and it was covered in dry blood, and to my surprise I had bruises up both of my arms.

Why can’t I remember anything?

I turned on the hot water in the shower, removed my robe and let the hot water run down my body. I wasn’t able to enjoy the shower like I had planned, because before long something was churning in my stomach. I ran out of the shower, letting the glass door slam behind me and sat beside the toilet.

Like a faucet vomit was pouring out, it was laced with blood. I could hear footsteps behind me, and a soft knock on the door. ‘mmmm’ I mumbled, unable to pull my head up. ‘Tennille, it is mum, are you ok?’ she asked, her mousy voice frantic with worry. I opened my mouth to lie and tell her I was fine, but all that came out was more blood. ‘Oh god, you are not pregnant are you?’ she asked, and I heard her open the door. Quicker then I thought possible I reached up and flushed. Not wanting her to worry about me. ‘No mum, I don’t think so, just a stomach bug I am guessing’ I said, giving her a weak smile.

She seemed to believe me; she sighed and left the room. I grabbed my robe off the floor and quickly brushed my teeth. I was so hungry my stomach was rumbling. I walked into the kitchen and seen my mother flittering around the kitchen, and at the table, Edward Cullen, he was wearing a plain grey shirt and blue jeans. His pale skin looked illuminating under the kitchen lights, and he was sitting stone still, almost statue like, if not for the fake breathing I would have thought my mum had found a stone Edward sculpture at the market.

Hesitantly I walked into the kitchen and sat directly across from Edward, glaring at him, I still hadn’t forgotten that horrific look he had given me the last time I had seen him. My mother seemed to notice the tension ‘I am just going to head to Forks and pick up a few things, goodbye Tennille’ she said kissing me on the cheek, ‘and it was lovely to meet you Edward’ she seemed to be flirting with him. I made a small gagging noise in the back of my throat. With that she turned and left the house. Locking the front door behind her.

‘Tennille’ Edward greeted me, giving me tight nod. ‘Hello Edward’ I said, trying to hold in the sudden urge of anger and hatred I felt toward him.

What was that about?

Edward was the first to speak again ‘Tennille, I need to speak to you if you don’t mind’ he said, shifty uncomfortably in his seat. That was weird; he was normally so calm and composed. ‘Ok’ I said, hesitant ‘what’s up?’ My brain was running through heaps of different things, could something have happened at the midnight meeting, my heart sank at the though. Jacob. Oh no, was he ok. Edward looked back at me, reassuringly, ‘Yes, Jacob is just fine, the meeting went by without as much as a hitch’ ‘ok good’ I said. Sitting more comfortably in my chair.

Edward shifted as well before saying ‘I am actually here about you’. I stared at him perplexed. ‘Yeah, ok, what?’ I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. ‘Do you remember when I was telling you how your thoughts were not normal, and I couldn’t catch them properly’ his voice was deep and calm. It sort of disgusted me. ‘Yes, I am like an untuned radio right? Static included’ I said, getting up and heading to the fridge.

Edward seemed to eye me carefully as I rummaged through the fridge for something to satisfy my hunger. I pulled out a large raw steak. Part of me wanted to grab a pan and cook it up, but there was something inside me that forced me to eat it raw. I picked it up with my hand and took a big bite. A look of triumph came over Edward’s beautiful face ‘I knew it, I thought I was right, I did hope I was wrong, but now I know I am correct’ he mumbled to himself.

I walked back around and sat across from him again. ‘Tennille, what I am going to tell you will probably shock you, so I will let it out slowly, give you time to process this’. I swallowed down a piece of meat, a sinking feeling forming in my stomach. ‘Please don’t get mad at me Tennille, I do not wish you harm, and I do promise not to tell anyone this, it could land you in a lot of trouble. If the Volturi hears about this’ he seemed to trail off. ‘The Vol-what?’ I stammered, looking him directly in the eyes now. ‘The Volturi are like the royal family in the vampire world, they are enforcers of rules, and are inclined to eliminate anyone or anything that is a threat to our secret’

This was too much for me. ‘A vampire law enforcing, secret keeping royal family, are you serious?’ I asked, breaking out into a fit of laughter. Edward sat and waited patiently until my sit of giggles was over. I coughed ‘sorry Edward, please continue’ I said, looking at him again. ‘Tennille, this isn’t a joke, they are a threat to you, as are you to them, they will not take kindly to knowing you are here, your kind are not supposed to exist anymore, for years we have believed you to be extinct’.

Another uncontrollable fit of laughter took over me. ‘Edward, I am a human, are you here to bite me or something because I thought you guys were vegetarians or whatever, how are humans not supposed to exist, we are the one’s with a heartbeat’. Edward got up from his chair and crossed the room quickly, I didn’t even see him. I walked over to where he was, he had his hand around something. A bracelet. ‘Hey, dude, i'm sorry if I offended you or anything, but it hasn’t been a great morning’ I said. ‘No, Tennille, you haven’t offended me, it is just hard for me to have to do this, I feel so bad, why must you not know, it is cruel how this comes to be. It isn’t even your fault’ I stared at him again, still unsure at what he was getting at.

Edward turned around and looked at me; he looked as though he would cry if that was possible. I put my hand on his shoulder and felt the coolness if his skin, it burnt, it didn’t feel good to me. I pulled back quickly not wanting to let him know what the felt like to me.

The phone rang just as Edward was going to speak again. I walked over and picked it up. It was Jacob. ‘Hey sweetie, what’s up?’ I asked. Edward left the room to give me some privacy.

When I was finished talking to Jacob I went into the living room and sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, my eyes slowly fluttering yo a close. ‘Tennille, when I read your mind it alerted me to your condition’ Edward began again.

Did I have a terminal illness? Was he going to offer me eternal life?

‘Tennille, you do not have a terminal illness’ Edward said, having read what he could of my thoughts. ‘Now I am almost one hundred percent certain on what is wrong with you. I have just one more thing to find out, I don’t want to scare you if I am incorrect’ as soon as he finished he threw something in my direction, which to my surprise I caught with my left hand. It was the bracelet he had in his hand in the kitchen.

Immediately my hand felt like it was on fire, I dropped the bracelet on the floor; Edward was already standing right next to me. Where the bracelet had been a huge red and pus filled burn was throbbing. I looked up at Edward, confusion playing across my face. Before long the burn was healing, right before my eyes. All that was left now was s shiny silver scar as though it was an old burn.

With that I pulled down my robe a little bit, the bruises I had on my arm were all gone, as though they were never there.

Edward put his cool hands under my elbow and dragged me back to the couch with ease, pulling my robe back up on my arm. I was looking up at him. ‘What does this mean?’ I managed to choke out before the tears started falling.

Was I a freak?

‘Tennille, I cant bring myself to speak it, I do feel for you, I know Jacob loves you, he loves you with every fibre in his being, you are always on his mind these days, and I don’t want an angry wolf after me for upsetting you, because I know this is upsetting you’ Edward said, sitting on the small glass table in the centre of the room. ‘I have left a book for you, it is under your bed, and I didn’t want your mother to see it’.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, ‘how did you get a book into my bedroom?’ I asked. Knowing that he could if he really wanted to, he was a vampire after all, no matter how nice he was to me. ‘I actually brought you home, I followed you from a distance after I managed to get a reading on you and a lock on your scent, after the meeting’ he said. Smiling at me, his golden brown eyes full of pit for me now. ‘oh, ok, thank Edward’ I said.

Edward got up to leave me with my thoughts, and to read the book that was awaiting me in my bedroom. ‘Edward, wait?’ I called as he reached the door handle. He turned around, ‘I just wanted to know what was that thing with the bracelet, why did it do that to me?’ I asked. He looked hesitant for a moment. Probably only a half a second of hesitation before he said ‘Tennille, it is a side effect of what you are now. And before you ask you cannot change it. And do me a favour, when you are around humans, wear gloves ok?’ he gave me a weak smile and left the house. His Volvo speeding around the corner.

I longed for Jacob, but I needed to go and see what Edward was talking about. If he was telling the truth.

I went into my bedroom and pulled the book out from under the bed. It was bound in black leather; it smelt new, like perhaps he had just brought it. There was a note attached in Edward’s perfect handwriting.

Tennille,

I am sorry you had to find out like this, please don’t let anyone see this book; it is illegal to own in our world.

I would love for you to be able to tell Jacob. I know he won’t mind. He will be able to help you.

Edward.

With that I looked down at the title of the book. In large gold old English writing the title was staring back up at me.

Canis Lupis.

I looked at the picture and was met with a large howling wolf with the full moon behind its elongated neck. I threw the book back under the bed and began to cry.

No, the bloodsucker was wrong, he had to be wrong, werewolves don’t exist. They can’t exist. This isn’t me.

Then it hit me, it was me. I was the one who killed that man in Forks. And with that I passed out. The world disappearing in a haze of black. It was all too much for me to take in.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Chapter 4 –

Jacob’s warm hand shaking my shoulder slightly woke me up from the pass out I had earlier. I quickly glanced under the bed to see if the book was still there. Thankfully it still was. ‘Wake up sleepy, it is almost lunch time, and I missed you’ Jacob said, kissing me on the forehead. So I was out for a longer then I thought.

I sat up and glanced down to see I was still in the purple robe. ‘Tennille, please tell me why you were sleeping on the floor’ Jacob said, laughing while helping me to my feet. I simply scowled at him and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, a black turtle neck top and a pair of knee high black boots. I turned to Jacob, smiling ‘I probably fell out of bed or something, I was buggered last night’ Silently I hoped he hadn’t found out I never actually made it to that special dinner my mum had cooked for me. I wonder why she hasn’t yelled at me about that yet. Did she think it was normal for me to miss dinner? Did she know my secret? The one I refuse to believe.

‘I just need a minute, and I will be right out’ I say, smiling at Jacob, trying desperately not to show any pain or fear on my face, ‘want me to join?’ he asked, a twinkle appearing in his eye. I laughed. Oh how I wish he could join me in the shower, but instead I said ‘Now, Now Jakey, we don’t know what time my mum finishes work’ and with that I walked into the bathroom.

The hot water was nice, it was relaxing, and I wasn’t in pain anymore. I quickly washed my long hair and then got out and dressed. I went into my bedroom and applied make-up on my face and some extra foundation and concealer on my scratch, covering it up enough just in case Jacob was to accidentally see my chest or stomach.

I went down into the small living room and sat next to Jacob on the blue couch; he wrapped both of his arms around me and pulled my head onto his lap, one hand playing with my hair and the other tracing lines around my lips. Looking up into his beautiful brown eyes seemed to take away the thoughts Edward had left me with this morning.

Jacob and I stayed like this, watching an old, foreign movie on TV until we were interrupted by someone at the door. I got up and answered it. It was Quil, wearing nothing but cut off jeans. His hair a mess and the dark circles under his eyes showing how tired he was. I stepped aside and let him in. When he spoke his voice was breaking, like he was worried ‘umm, Jacob, we are having another meeting, at your place, your dad wants you there, the entire pack will be there, no Cullen’s this time, we are going to handle it ourselves since they tried to talk us into letting them handle it last night’

Jacob got up from the couch and grabbed Quil’s shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze ‘dude, are you alright, you look messed up’ ‘I am alright Jake, but there was another attack last night, same thing, animal attack, missing heart, this is bigger then some animal in the woods like you suggested dude, and I am not worried, I think we can handle it, Sam on the other hand is freaking out a bit, it is getting closer to La Push’ and with that he handed a newspaper over to Jacob.

Jacob and I read the front page together.

Aaron Sampson and Michael Forrest have been found dead, one after the other, both men were backpackers from England, and neither will ever see home again.

It is believed to be an animal attack, with both bodies mauled apart by what appears to be giant teeth and claws. The Forks police are on the lookout for a large wolf or bear in the surrounding forests.

Some people are even taking it a little further as to say serial killer, as both of the backpackers were found with their hearts missing, and yet to be found.

People are advised to stay as far away from the forests as possible until this is sorted out. Serial killer or animal it is not safe outside after dark at the moment.

Jacob and I looked up from the article at the same time, Quil spoke first ‘so you need to come Jacob, now, Tennille you should come too, I’m sure Emily and Rachel would like to have someone else to talk to beside Claire’ he said, smiling at me ‘Alright, we will come’ Jacob sighed, grabbing my hand as we headed out the door.

The drive to Jacob’s house was quick, and it wasn’t long before I could see the little red house, looking as homely and welcoming as it always did. Jacob and I hoped out of his Rabbit and went inside; Quil followed just a few steps behind.

Everyone was already there in the far too small kitchen, Billy and Old Quil in the corner, Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry, Seth and Leah all at the little table and Emily, Rachel and Claire in the living room.

‘See you soon, and have fun hanging with my sister, I mean, I know it will be nowhere near as fun as me, but she will just have to do for now right?’ Jacob said as he kissed my head and went and took his place at the table in the kitchen. I laughed at his remark before walking into the living room where I was greeted by the girls.

‘So where is Kim?’ I asked, ‘Oh, Jared said she is sick the poor thing, I do hope she gets better soon’ Emily answered, smiling up at me from where she was on the floor, colouring in an old book with Claire. Rachel motioned for me to sit near her on the small couch.

I was trying as hard as I could to block out the meeting they were having in the kitchen, I didn’t want any more details then I already did on the subject. Thankfully Rachel spoke blocking out the chatter from the kitchen. ‘So, Tennille, I just wanted to apologize, I feel so bad now, and I only found out yesterday so’ I cut her off before she couldn’t blab on any further ‘What is it Rachel?’ she spoke again, her voice a little less frantic now, her long dark hair shielding her face from looking at me fully. ‘Well it is just that, well, you know, you and Paul were going out, when he met me, and well’ I cut her off again ‘Dude, please, don’t be sorry, he is all your’s, we weren’t together long anyway, I had only been here for like 2 months prior to that, and we had only been together for half of that time, I really, really don’t mind’ I reassured her ‘Are you sure?’ she asked ‘it is just that, I know when you and Jacob first met you were both crying, and I didn’t want that to be because of me taking your boyfriend’.

I thought for a moment before I answered her. Emily had stopped colouring in and was now looking between us both, her beautiful face filled with confusion. I forgot she didn’t really know anything about me. I wasn’t the sharing type. ‘Yes, Rach, me and Jacob were both crying the day we met, but I wasn’t crying over Paul, like I said, I was happy to get rid of him, and we weren’t together long anyway. I was upset because I had found out the truth about my father, and as you know, Jacob was upset because he thought Bella had died during childbirth’. Poor Bella, I thought, she almost died, lost her baby and now she is a leech and can never have kids.

Rachel relaxed now, and leaned back into the couch. Emily looked interested, I continued speaking ‘So we were both big loser freaks, crying and he bumped into me, and he turned around to apologize, or maybe yell at me, I’m not sure, but he didn’t say anything, he just sort of looked at me, like he was looking into my soul or something, and he wasn’t crying anymore, he introduced himself, and then we took things from there’

Claire was now looking at me as well, I really didn’t like being in the spotlight like this, but it was better then sitting here listening to what was going on in the kitchen. Or even worse, thinking about what Edward Cullen had implied this morning, and the book he had given me. Just thinking about it made my scratch hurt again, I ignored it.

‘Wow, that is so romantic, you were both so upset as though the world had come down around you and then to meet each other like that, it is so beautiful’ Emily said, smiling at me, her scars on her face stretching a little bit. ‘Yeah, I was lucky’ I said. Rachel snorted, ‘huh, lucky’ and she began laughing. I mocked slapping her before she spoke again. ‘I don’t mean to intrude or anything Tennille, but seeing as how we will be family one day, what with my brother imprinting on you and all, what did happen with your dad?’ Rachel asked.

I pondered her question for a moment, fighting the urge to scream. It was almost a year ago since he left, and my mum was still upset, why did he do this to her, how could he lie to us for all those years?

‘Well actually Rachel, what happened was, we moved her because my father had wanted to, he is a native Quileute and had wanted to move back, I didn’t really want to, and I am not to sure my mother did either, but she would have done anything for my father’ I cleared my throat before I continued ‘we were only here for about a week before he had said he didn’t want to be here anymore, that the people he thought may have been gone by now are still here’

Rachel went to interrupt me, but Emily held a hand up to silence her. ‘I didn’t want to move again, I was happy here, and I had some good friends and Paul at the time. Dad stayed inside all the time after that, never wanting to leave because he was scared someone would recognise him and not be too happy to see him. It wasn’t too much longer that he left, without word. He just packed as much as he could and was gone when my mum woke up in the morning’. I was fighting back tears. Emily reached up and put her hand on my knee, Rachel was holding my hand and Claire was standing next to me patting my arm.

I continued, my voice breaking a bit more as I was getting angry and upset by what my father had done ‘ my mum was very upset and didn’t want to look at anything he may have left behind, but at the same time she wanted it all gone. So I started going through his things’ I choked back tears now, knowing that this was when I lost it.

‘I was searching through his drawers when I came across a black box, it was sealed shut, but I managed to get it open with a screwdriver I had found underneath the bed when I was cleaning. Inside it I found some old pictures, of a little boy, according to the dates on the back he would have been 3, maybe 4 years older then me, the boy in the photo’s is my half brother, who I know I will never meet, my dad never even spoke of him, he said that was his past and he wanted nothing to do with it’ All the girls seemed to squeeze me at the same time. They were so sweet.

‘Um, along with them pictures I found and official change of name certificate for my dad, his real named had be burnt out, so I couldn’t see it, but I was too angry to care at the time, I was just annoyed that my surname isn’t really my surname and the fact that I had seen them pictures makes my half brother all the more real. I remember sitting there for a while, hoping that my half brother had a great mum since he had such a screw up for a father’ I was fighting back tears again ‘There was also some documents showing credit card and tax fraud my father was involved in’ Emily stopped me there ‘you really don’t need to tell us any more sweetie’ I looked at her and smiled. She really was sweet.

I looked out the window for a moment before Rachel spoke again ‘so do you ever wonder what your dad’s real name was? It could lead you to that half brother of yours’ ‘I have wondered, but I really have no way of finding out’ I said, not wanting to think about something I knew would never happen. Emily seemed to understand something that I didn’t. I looked over at Claire, and she looked just as confused as I was.

The meeting in the kitchen was breaking up; chairs were scraping on the linoleum floors as people got up to stretch. Before I could get up to see Jacob Rachel grabbed my hand and took me into the kitchen. She looked at her father, ‘Hey dad, we were all inside talking, and we we just found out that Tennille has the worst dad ever, and he is a native, she don’t know his name because he had it changed, so we were wondering, if maybe, Tennille had a picture of him if you could see if you know who he is’ she was looking at Billy hopefully.

Jacob came to my side and whispered in my ear ‘are you sure you want to know?’ he asked, I turned around to look at him ‘yea, I really want to know, it might make me hate him a little less’ ‘or it could make you hate him even more’ Jacob finished. I sighed, he was right, that could happen, but I didn’t even know where my dad was, so I couldn’t get angry at him anyway. ‘I would like to know who my only sibling is’ I said, looking only at Jacob ‘oh yeah, and what if it is Paul, that will be grosse, that means you kissed your brother’ Jacob said, teasingly. Paul looked horrified at the thought. ‘Jacob, that is sick’ I said, laughing. ‘But I think it is time I find out if it is possible’ I finished.

I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket and pulled out and old wrinkled photo, which I handed over to Billy. ‘This is the only one I have, it isn’t very recent, it was when I was bout 4 or 5’ Billy nodded his majestic voice ringing throughout the entire room ‘thankyou’.

He unfolded the picture, it seemed to me like everyone was interested, Claire broke the silence, ‘Tennille, if your dad is a Quileute why are you so white?’ we all laughed before I answered ‘well, sweetie, I have my mum’s skin, not my dad’s and my mum is very white’

Billy and Old Quil were close together so they could both get a look at my dad’s photo. In unison they both let out a gasp, followed by a sigh, followed by a quick ‘typical, never cares for his family, he should be in prison’.

We were all looking at them with a mix of emotion. Billy spoke, ‘Tennille, what name did your father go by?’ he asked, ‘John Matthews’ I answered, ‘ well Tennille, if you really want to know, I will tell you, I knew your father, very well actually when he was here the first time, we grew up together actually, and I happen to know his other child’

We all held our breath waiting. ‘So what is my dad’s name?’ I asked, still curious as to what my surname was supposed to be. ‘Your fathers name, Tennille, is Joshua Uley’

Everyone gasped at once, and Jacob held me up, leaning against the bench himself for support. Then everyone’s eyes were darting between me, and my half brother, Sam.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:38 am

Chapter 5 –

Everyone was silent for what felt like hours. But realistically it was only about 5 minutes, everyone’s eyes still on me and Sam. Jacob had his arms wrapped tightly around me, and it felt to me like he had no intention of letting go anytime soon.

Young Seth Clearwater was the first to speak ‘Well, at least you weren’t making out with your brother right?’ letting out a fake giggle in order to cover how uncomfortable he was.

Sam and I locked eyes for the first time after Seth had said that. I felt the tension in the room rise again. Sam held out his large hand toward me, I took it and we walked out the front door, far enough away so we could have some privacy. We sat down across the road, in front of a large tree.

Neither of us spoke for a while. But the silence wasn’t awkward like I thought it would have been. I didn’t even feel the need to fill the silence. It felt natural being here with Sam. I could tell he felt the same way because he was at ease, lying down on the grass, looking up the dark sky above.

‘Wow, that turned out more eventful then I thought it would’ Sam said, breaking the silence with laughter. We were both laughing for a while before I spoke ‘I am sorry you had to find out like that, I didn’t really think that I would get an answer like that’ Sam sat up, and put one warm around my shoulder and said ‘Hey, Tennille, don’t worry about it, you wouldn’t believe how much I have always wanted a little sister or brother’.

I looked up at him, and now, knowing the truth I could see the similarities he shared with both me and my father. He had the same dark hair as us both, the same eye shape, and the same curve to our lips. Even the way we held ourselves was very similar.

‘What was my father like?’ Sam asked, looking down at me now. I pondered his question for a moment before I answered ‘Well, he was lovely to my mother, they were inseparable, but, I was more like a maid to him, when my mother wasn’t around I was always cleaning and looking after him. He told me that is what kids are for, and the reason we have them. I believed him, he was my father, I believed everything he said’ Sam’s arm tightened around my shoulder, trying to comfort me ‘He didn’t hurt you did he?’ Sam asked, obviously reading something on my face. I looked away because I felt the tears starting to form in my eyes ‘Only a few times. Nothing too bad, just a few bruises I could cover, and a few broken ribs when I was older’.

I could feel Sam’s body shaking. I pulled away a little bit ‘Sam, it’s ok, he is gone now, and for all I care he can burn in hell, don’t worry about him ok’ his body stopped shaking and he looked at me again ‘I really am sorry he did that to you, you deserve a better father then that’ I laughed this time, standing up and stretching my legs and arms ‘I guess you got the better end of the daddy deal hey Sam?’ I said, and with that he joined in my laugher. ‘I guess we better get back, see what is going on inside’ Sam said, giving me a push toward the house.

We walked back inside, and everyone had relaxed a little, not everyone was in the kitchen anymore. Paul and Rachel were sitting on the couch hand in hand, Billy and Old Quil were sitting on the back porch having a beer, Jacob was in the kitchen having a conversation, or an argument, I wasn’t sure, with Embry and Quil and the others were all watching TV in the living room on the floor.

Jacob came over to me at almost the same instant Emily flittered over to Sam, a large mixing bowl in her arms. ‘Are you staying for dinner?’ she asked, looking at me and Sam. Sam nodded animatedly at her, I was more hesitant. Was it a full moon tonight? I thought. I pushed that thought aside, I really didn’t want to be thinking about that right now, but if what Edward had told me was true then I didn’t want to be here to hurt someone. ‘Will you excuse me for a moment’ I said, smiling at everyone before heading into the bathroom. I knew Billy had a calendar on the back of the wooden door in here.

I scanned the dates and found what I was looking for. There was no full moon tonight. I left the bathroom after washing my face, so no-body asked questions on why I was in there. I went into the kitchen and found Emily working with quite a few pots on the stove ‘Sorry about that Emily, I just, it has been a long day’ I said, she looked up, came over to me and gave me a hug. ‘You have nothing to be sorry about’ she said ‘well, hey, if you still want me here, I will stay for dinner’ I said, smiling back at her.

Billy had suggested I invite my mum up for dinner, she gladly accepted and turned up only 10 minutes before dinner was to be served.

Jacob and I were alone in his bedroom. Both lying on his bed, my head resting on his chest, and his arms wrapped tightly around me. ‘Do you have to patrol tonight?’ I asked. Jacob let out a sigh before answering ‘Yes, but I can ask Sam to swap days with me, if you don’t want to be alone’ he said, looking down at me worried. I smiled at him, pulling my hand up and tracing the thick lines around his mouth. ‘No, Jake, I will be ok, you do what you have to do. Pack duties should come first remember’ I said. ‘Sure, Sure’ Jacob replied, and we both broke out into a fit of laughter.

Seth came in to get us for dinner. We were having Ragu. It was the Black family recipe. It was really good. Emily was an amazing cook.

Everyone was broken off into small groups, each having their own conversations. Jacob, Seth, Sam, Emily, Quil, Embry and I were all talking about the TV Show Supernatural when a thought occurred to Quil. He looked up from his food and looked at me ‘Hey, Tennille, seeing as how you are technically a Quileute, do you run around as giant wolf on occasion?’ he laughed at the end of the question, and everyone else was laughing as well. I almost choked on the spaghetti in my mouth; thankfully they were all to busy laughing to notice. Because according to Edward Cullen I did run around as a giant wolf on occasion, only thing is, I don’t remember it.

Jacob and I were doing the dishes after dinner. ‘How did you manage to get through 4 bowls of that stuff?’ I asked, washing the plate I had in my hand and handing it to him to dry. He laughed his low throaty laugh before answering ‘Impressive isn’t it?’ I looked at him and smiled ‘It is kind of disgusting actually’ he scoffed and flicked soap suds at me. ‘I could go for more actually’ Jacob said, flicking more suds in my direction and laughing again. I picked up the scrubbing brush and flicked some of the soap suds at him.

It wasn’t long before Jacob had to go on patrol. We said our goodbyes on the front porch, everyone from the house looking through the windows to spy on us.

I went back inside and grabbed my things before heading out to the car, where my mum was waiting. She was tired and needed sleep. I drove her old black Cadillac home and as soon as we got inside she went into her room and was asleep in minutes.

Knowing I had nothing to do and I wasn’t tired, I decided I needed to read a little bit of that book Edward had left for me. I was putting it off, doing unnecessary chores around the house for about an hour. Wishing I had taken Jacob up on his offer.

When I had run out of other things to occupy my mind I went into my bedroom, feeling that similar sense of relief whenever I entered my haven like this. I closed the door softly behind me and lit a few candles. Not wanting the light in my bedroom to wake my mother. I sat on the floor, the white carpet feeling soft on my body, and grabbed the book out from under the bed.

The picture on the front seemed to be taunting me. I slowly opened it to the first page, an index page. WOW 432 pages I thought as I scanned the index. I decided to start at the beginning and just skim through it tonight. I still didn’t want to believe it. So a quick skim through the pages would help me understand what was, or hopefully, what wasn’t going on with me.

Were meaning human and wolf being a clear statement of what a werewolf is, other wise, and less commonly known as a lycanthrope. A lycanthrope or werewolf is a human, who as the ability to shift shapes into a wolf on the day before, the day of and the day after the Full Moon.

Ok, even that little bit on the first pages was too much for me to handle. But I needed to continue, I needed to prove that Edward Cullen was wrong, and that I wasn’t a monster. I scanned quickly over another page.

The Strengths of Lycanthropy –

Lycanthropes have heightened senses, in sight, hearing and smell. They also experience increased speed and strength in both their human and wolf states. When in the wolf state the Lycanthrope is able to hear, smell, see and sense like an animal. When in the human form all theses senses are stronger then normal. But it does take time. The human harbouring the soul of the wolf will not have the traits after the first, or even second transformation, it is usually a gradual thing, but in most cases grows stronger after a month and 3 or more transformations.

Lycanthropes have quick healing abilities when in the human and the wolf form.

I thought for a moment back to how I had heard the pack coming toward me and Jacob when we were in the forest riding. Normally I wouldn’t have heard them, but I had heard them at the exact moment Jacob did, and he did have heightened senses.

I fought back the urge to cry. No, this still was not right; it could have been something else that alerted me to pack’s presence that day. I was not a-a-a I couldn’t even bring myself to think it anymore. But I continued on reading.

The weakness of Lycanthropy –

While in the human form a person will have a strong aversion to silver. The skin will burn and bubble if it comes into contact with anything pure silver. It is not fatal, but it will hurt.

Silver is the biggest known weakness for Lycanthropes. When in the form of the wolf silver is fatal. If the silver is entered into the blood system it will kill the wolf within seconds. However, if silver gets into the blood stream of the human it may take up to several hours before it becomes fatal.

The only other known weakness to the Lycanthrope is the venom of a mature vampire. It is not fatal as once believed. But it will leave the Lycanthrope paralysed. This has the same affect in both the human and the wolf forms.

Lycanthropes tend to react to the touch of a vampires cool skin. It leaves a tingly and burning feeling; it is unknown still what this means.

I pulled my eyes up from the page, thinking again to when Edward Cullen had discovered what I was and tested me by throwing me his bracelet. It burnt my hand, and I also thought how the feeling of his cool skin burning mine. Even I was starting to believe this now.

I found a chapter titled Werewolves and Vampires. I put my head back down and began reading again.

The werewolf and the vampire have been sworn enemies since the Medieval Europe times. It is believed that werewolves are the reason vampires were almost made non-existent thousands of years ago.

Vampires are more susceptible to werewolf attacks then the other way around. The werewolves have strong venom of their own, which is fatal to the vampire. Although, the werewolf must get close enough to the vampire to spread his own form of venom orally. I cannot come from a scratch, it must be a bite.

My mind was racing now. I couldn’t process all of this. I was certain this wasn’t me. But I had a sinking feeling somewhere in my stomach that it was the truth. I flicked through the book and found the page I was dreading.

The spreading of Lycanthropy –

Becoming a werewolf simply by being bitten or scratched by another werewolf as a form of contagion is indeed the truth. This can not only occur on a full moon, though it is more likely to change the human if he or she is bitten on the full moon.

The disease can be spread from a werewolf when in human form, but it will only infect the person if the person is already sick or injured slightly. It is only in the wolf form that the human will change regardless of health or lifestyle.

My eyes were filled with tears; this was too much to take in. It was true, I knew it now, and I didn’t know if I wanted to read anymore. But there was one more thing I was positive I needed to know, and that was about why I could not remember any of it.

I went back to the index page, my hands shaking in fear as I scanned for the page I wanted.

The Transformation –

The call of the moon is the reason the transformation from human to wolf takes place. It is a slow process, beginning before the moon even rises. When the moon’s aura is in the air the human body will slowly begin to shut down, it will hurt and the original scratch or bite that infected the human will sting like it is fresh. Once the moon is clearly visible and in place in the sky the human soul is ripped from it’s normal resting place, allowing the transformation from man to wolf.

The transformation is painful; the human body is being torn apart and stretched as the inner wolf makes its way to the surface.

It is still unknown as to where the human soul goes during the hours that the wolf is in control.

Upon waking, the infected will not remember anything that happened the night of the full moon as they do not inhabit their body at the time. There is no way for the person to ever remember anything they did while in wolf form.

That was when I finally lost it. I threw the book across the room and it broke the mirror that hung on the back of my door. I began throwing clothes around the room. Not worrying if I was waking my mother up. I ripped the bedcovers off my bed, they were tainted. I threw them on the floor and did the same thing with the pillow cases.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife, which I used to cut my hand. It began healing right before my eyes. I hurled the knife across the room, and it landed with a thud on the floor.

My mum stirred in her bedroom. But I was too infuriated to care if she seen me freaking out at the moment. I went back into my room and closed the door, sliding down the back of it, not worrying about the broken shards of mirror scraping and digging into my skin.

I pulled my pale fingers through my long silky black hair in frustration. Why was this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? I picked the book up off the floor from where it landed and shoved it in my dresser. I knew there would be more I wanted to know later. I knew there was an entire chapter about the vampire royal family that Edward had told me about that day. He had mentioned they wouldn’t take too kindly to wer- me, I finished, still unable to say it, even in my head.

After cleaning up my bedroom I sat on the edge of my dressing table. I could hear footfalls outside my house in the forests. I stood up and looked out the window. It was Jacob; he was running a perimeter around my place, the big red brown wolf almost a blur to my eyes.

Feeling secure now that I knew Jacob was nearby I sat down against the window sill, my head resting on the wall and drifting in and out of unconsciousness, my mind racing a million miles an hour, from werewolves to Jacob to Sam and back to werewolves again. It was all too much for me and eventually I fell into a deep sleep.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Post  Pretty_Twisted Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:41 am

And another chapter! LOL!

Chapter 6 –

When I awoke I found I was in my bed with Jacobs warm arms wrapped tight around me, his light snoring right in my ear. I tried to get out of bed without waking him, but the second I moved his arms he awoke, sitting upright. ‘Tennille, are you ok?’ he asked, his deep husky voice slick with sleep.

I leaned into him, my head on his bare chest, taking in his wild musky smell. ‘Yeah, I am fine, why?’ I asked. He sighed before answering ‘well, you were asleep on the floor near the window, and your mirror is broken to pieces on the floor’. I looked over toward my door where the mirror was still shattered into a million tiny pieces. I didn’t want to lie to Jacob, but I had to, I didn’t want to tell him, not just yet. ‘I shut the door to hard last night and it smashed, I was too tired to clean it up’.

He pulled my face up and looked down into my blue eyes. ‘What about the bed covers?’, I hesitated before answering him, looking down before speaking so I wasn’t lying to his face, ‘I wanted to wash them and I never got around to it, and the reason I slept near the window is because I seen you outside and it made me feel better’ he smiled down at me, kissing me full on the lips. His warm lips on mine were making me want him more. But before it could heat up too much there was a knock on the door. It was my mum.

She opened the door, the light from the living room shining into my room. I squinted in her direction. Seeing Jacob in the bed with me her face flushed red. ‘I am sorry, I didn’t realize you were here Jacob’ she said, looking down. ‘Mum, did you want something?’ I asked, wanting to save Jacob and my mum from any awkward conversation or silence.

Mum looked up again ‘I was just coming in to tell you I was heading into Port Angeles to grab some things, and see if you wanted to come’ she looked at me hopefully ‘Jacob, you are more then welcome to come as well’ she added. ‘Well, sure, I want to come’ I answered, not wanting to break her spirit. I could tell she really wanted some company today. ‘Would you like to join us Jacob?’ ‘Sure, Sure’ he answered, smiling at my mum.

The three of us got into my mums black Cadillac after I had a shower, got dressed and covered my scratch with make up. The trip to Port Angeles was filled with random talk. It felt good not to be thinking about the fact that I would never be the same again.

While in Port Angeles we went into a few stores before lunch time when we ran into Sam and Emily. My mother politely asked them to join us for Lunch. While we were all sitting at McDonalds eating it occurred to me that I hadn’t told my mum about Sam being the son her husband had abandoned. As though reading my mind Jacob gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

After we ate and said goodbyes to Sam and Emily we headed home. Jacob had a day shift patrol today with Paul and Jared, this made me happy, because it meant Jacob could finally get some sleep. He needed it; he had dark circles under his eyes.

When we walked into my house I could smell that bleach smell I had come to know as a vampire. This one was stronger; it smelt older in my opinion. I knew Jacob could smell it as well because his body tensed when we walked in.

My mum went into her bedroom after unpacking and Jacob turned to me ‘This place reeks’ he said, exhaling a huge breath of air. I almost told him I could smell it as well, but then remembered he didn’t know yet, so I simply looked up at him, as innocently as I could and said ‘Jacob, it smells normal to me’. He shook his head, ‘No, it is the smell of a leech, one I don’t recognize’ he said, looking around the room. ‘I am sure it is nothing’ I said, secretly wondering what a vampire was doing in my house. Surely no-body knew what was going on yet. I didn’t think Edward would tell anybody, unless he told his family and they wanted to check out the freak for themselves.

‘Stay here’ Jacob ordered me ‘I want to quickly check the place out and get to know the scent’. I smiled at him and walked into the kitchen. On the counter I seen a note, it was on an old piece of parchment and the writing on it was exquisite, it was neater then I had ever seen before in my life.

I glanced down and seen that it was signed The Volturi. I racked my brain trying to think of where I had heard that name before. Then it hit me, the vampire law enforcing royal family. Hastily I shoved the note into my pocket, deciding to read it later.

Jacob came back just as I was piling some unwashed dishes into the sink. I put my hand under the faucet and I could feel a burning pain shoot across my hand. I looked at it and seen that it was burnt, exactly like what had happened when I caught Edward’s bracelet.

Jacob rushed over ‘Tennille, what happened?’ he asked, grabbing my hand. ‘I just burnt my hand, it is nothing really’ I said, grabbing the blue hand towel on the counter and wrapping it around my hand. Not wanting Jacob to see my new quick healing abilities. ‘Are you sure you are ok, maybe I should take you to the hospital, or even to see Dr Cullen, that burn looked pretty bad babe’ he said, his eyes looking down at my now covered hand. ‘No, Jake, I am fine. I promise’ ‘well, you better be, or I may have to personally kick your butt’ he said, smiling in my direction.

I loved Jacob’s smile, it lit up his entire face. I went to turn the water off, but before I could Jacob was next to me, ‘I think your water line has been contaminated, it smells like metal, like silver’ he said, turning the water off for me.

My heart sank, so someone did know. I wanted to cry or scream, I didn’t know which yet. Instead I just grabbed Jacob and pulled him into a tight hug. That is when the tears started flowing.

Jacob kissed the top of my hair, ‘Babe, are you sure you are ok?’ his voice was filled with worry. ‘I guess it has all hit me now, you know the thing with Sam and the fact I need to tell my mum soon’ I lied, ashamed of myself. ‘Of course, did you want me to be here when you tell your mum?’ Jacob asked. I knew I was going to tell my mum soon, so I looked at him ‘Thank you Jacob, I would love for you to be there when I tell her, do you think you could get Sam to come as well, I will be telling her tomorrow, the sooner the better you know?’ ‘I will ask Sam to come when I see him’ Jacob said, kissing me on the forehead ‘Thanks Jacob, I really don’t know what I would do without you’ I said, almost crying again, ‘well you would probably be bored all the time for starters’ he said, picking me up and putting me down on the couch and kissing me passionately, his warm lips tracing lines down my neck, arm and stomach.

In the heat of the moment I had gotten Jacob down to his boxer shorts, and just as he was about to removed my shirt and see my scratch more then likely, we were thankfully interrupted by Paul and Jared’s arrival.

I got up and let them in, both of them stood in the doorway, with their arms across their chest, all business like, and shirtless. Jacob got up and walked over to his pack brothers. ‘You ready?’ Jacob asked, not sounding excited at all about leaving. Paul was eyeing us suspiciously, I glanced into the small mirror behind him and noticed that my hair was a bit of a mess and my lipstick smeared. I looked over at Jacob, and he was as much of a mess as I was, his hair all over the place, lipstick on his face and in nothing but boxer shorts.

‘Sorry if we interrupted the best two seconds of Jacob’s life’ Paul said, laughing. I slapped him on the arm, hoping he didn’t notice I was stronger then I was before. He didn’t seem too thankfully, because he just kept laughing. Jacob looked angered by Paul’s comment ‘dude, two minutes, please, I can go for hours’ he said, defending his in bed performance. I smiled at Jacob and nodded in Paul’s direction. ‘Hey, there is not need to lie, two minutes is ok, you are still an amateur Jake’ at this Jacob punched Paul in the face, a loud crack echoing through the house.

Paul fixed his broken jaw before it healed in the wrong position before turning to Jacob and throwing him on the floor. Jacob got up and charged in Paul’s direction, and Paul, seeing what Jacob was going to do was ready and ran toward him as well. Jared jumped in between them at the same instant I did, Jared pushing Jacob back and me pushing Paul back.

Paul landed with a thud on the linoleum floor in the kitchen. He looked dumbstruck at my strength, I could feel Jacob and Jared’s eyes on me as well. Crap. ‘Sorry, Paul did I hurt you?’ I asked mockingly. This seemed to lighten the mood as Jacob and Jared started laughing and taunting Paul about being beaten up by a girl.

Paul was angry, really angry now. His entire body shaking, I felt bad for humiliating him like that, but it wasn’t my fault. It was adrenaline mixed with these new strengths I didn’t have a handle on just yet. ‘How did you do that?’ he demanded, brandishing his fist in my face.

Jacob reacted to this; he came over and stepped between me and Paul. Peering from behind Jacob I said, directly to Paul ‘it was the adrenaline, I just wanted to protect Jacob’. Thankfully for me Paul seemed to accept this answer. He simply scoffed and walked out of the house. ‘Don’t worry about Paul, he is a jerk to everyone, but hey, you would know that better then all of us’ Jacob said ‘and I am so glad you did that to him, however it was you did it, it was awesome’ he said, high fiving me.

Jacob and Jared said goodbye not to long after and I went into the kitchen, pulling the note out of my pocket.

I sat and looked at it, without unfolding it for about ten minutes. I decided I needed to read it. Slowly I unfolded the paper and let my eye fall down to the neat handwriting in front of me.

Dearest werewolf,

Please be advised that we know about your condition, we found out by chance just last night and flew directly in from Italy. We have taken a few of your things for examination. Please know that we do not take kindly to your kind. We will however not act right away. We need to knowt for sure if you have done something that deserves punishment.

We have however taken a few precautions around your house.

We will be back soon.

The Volturi

I looked up from the note, I could feel the color disappear from my face, how did they know? And what would they do? How would I keep my friends and family from getting hurt?

Looking around I seen a picture of me and Jacob that was on the TV cabinet. It made a small shard of guilt and fear form in my stomach. I was guilty that I still haven’t told Jacob, but a bunch of leeches knew. The fear came from the fact that Jacob may now be in danger all because of me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:35 am