Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

4 posters

New Moan (Twilight parody)

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

New Moan (Twilight parody) Empty New Moan (Twilight parody)

Post  magic Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:12 pm

As soon as I saw the book in store, I knew I have to get it lol So I bought the Twilight's parody. The title is New Moan from Twishite Saga by Stephordy Mayo Laughing

At first I couldn't get to that style but then I got used to it and it turned out to be pretty funny. I just could imagine us all reading it cause it's something, the jokes are in out style Laughing The author, whoever it is cause I don't think a person
    Stephordy Mayo exists at all lol, mostly makes fun of Mayer, her writing style and how she made Edward to be the perfect guy, the guy of girls' dreams. Edward of course is great (lol) but we all have to admit the way Mayer describes him talking about Goodlookalike or his body etc, all the time is funny.

Oh and one of the funniest part is that while I was reading I noticed that Teddy's eyes color changes all the time Laughing As of nothing happens, in one chapter his eyes are green, in another they are brown, in another it's purple. Something like "and I looked in his purple eyes...", "his green eyes were very worried", "he winked me with his blue eyes" Laughing If ppl don't read it carefully they can't even notice it

First I will write the description of the book I found in the net:
    Heffa Lump is a self-centred seventeen-year-old who needs to grow up and get a life. Fortunately, the Spatula Academy of Fictional Excellence specializes in helping characters from kids' books cross over into adult fiction. Unfortunately, she's distracted from her attempts to leave adolescence behind when she meets Teddy Kelledy - an impossibly gorgeous boy who eats rare meat, is super-strong, and never goes out in daylight. Could he - just maybe - be a vampire? (Hint: totally.) Soon, Heffa finds herself harassed by supernatural forces on all sides: vampire goths peddling the deadly drug 'Emo' all over town, Jacko-worshipping zombies trying to eat her brains, and werewolves lurking in basements reading copies of Wolf Whistle. A fight is coming, and apparently she's involved...Will Heffa be able to narrate herself out of danger? Will Teddy learn that being with a girl doesn't always have to be about biting? And what will happen when the New Moan rises? "New Moan" is guaranteed to make any fan laugh out loud with its irreverent and clever take on this popular series, which is brilliantly on the nose.

Now the spoilers. In case you want to read the book, I will hide them Wink

Spoiler:

I think you should read it. In some places it's really funny cheers

New Moan (Twilight parody) 41oshZBlfHL._SL500_AA300_
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

New Moan (Twilight parody) Empty Re: New Moan (Twilight parody)

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:27 pm

heffalumps are the elephant looking things on winnie the pooh ahhaha. and teddy kelleny or whatever is strangely close to ted kennedy which amuses me hahaha. i'll look for it sometime!
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 pm

ooooh, I didn't know it is called like that in English. Actually in Latvian it's called close to that as well but I never thought about him lol So this is why Winnie The Pooh's character was dragged in parody as well Laughing the bear with red shirt but they never said his name. I mean, who else it can be Laughing
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post  poisoned_rose Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm

I got that book for Xmas last year but I still haven't had a chance to read it.
    ediedo
    ediedo
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1626
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

Post  ediedo Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 am

I have read it, but I haven't found it funny, just in the beggining...
    and their hungarian names are differentes...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:15 am