Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

2 posters

Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him

ediedo
    ediedo
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1626
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him Empty Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him

Post  ediedo Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Lutz has been building buzz with roles in Stick It, Prom Night and the new 90210, but the 23-year-old heartthrob’s career is about to spike when he appears as big bro Emmett Cullen in the highly anticipated romance/vampire/action movie, Twilight.

How was your experience working on Twilight? Was there a lot of pressure to live up to the novels?

I loved every part of working on Twilight and honestly nothing about doing the movie felt like work. I mean, we shot in one of the coolest locations in the US, I worked with a lot of my friends, we had the best cast who loved to hang out on and off of set, we had the coolest most creative director and we had the best crew. There wasn't that much pressure. Yes the movie is based on the book but I loved the script and I know we will do the book justice and then some.

How did you land the part of Emmett?
    Well I was actually shooting a mini series called Generation Kill in Africa when the script for Twilight was released and they began to cast the film. I really liked the script and really wanted to play Emmett and play a vampire, so I tried to put myself on tape to send to my agent in LA. Well, I had the hardest time putting myself on tape due to our shooting schedule, as well as not having all the needed resources, so time came and went and soon enough Twilight was cast. I finished shooting Generation Kill right before Christmas of 2007. I had been away from home for seven months shooting in Africa and really just wanted a vacation. That's what I told my team and they respected that. Then my agent called me and told me they re-opened the role of Emmett due to unknown reasons and said it must be fate and got me the appointment. I went to the audition and they liked what I did and wanted to fly me out to Portland to read for director Catherine Hardwicke. So off I went to Portland and once there, I met Catherine, read for her, and got the part.

Can you tell us a little bit about Emmett’s part in the story and how you approached the role?
    Emmett is the loveable laughable big brother in the story. I love Emmett because he doesn’t care about most things and lives such a fun life but when trouble comes around he turns into the protective older brother and handles the threat. I feel like I am a lot like Emmett and used my experiences from growing up in the Midwest and having such a big family and I use that as I tap into Emmett.

Any funny/cool on-set stories?

It was always so much fun after a hard day of work having all of us cast members hang out in one of our hotel rooms and just play guitar, order room service, and just chill.

A really funny moment happened on set to one of the producers. We had a closed set and during the cafeteria scenes, this lady was standing by the camera and started up a conversation with one of the producers. Ten minutes into the conversation, the producer, not recognizing this person, stopped to ask who she was. The woman said she wasn’t a part of the movie, and was a Twilight Mom and a fan and just wanted to check out the set. It was just funny hearing the story from our producer because the lady just walked straight on in and acted like she was supposed to be there. Haha, good old security, huh? So we all joked about that and the producers made sure the closed set was more tightly secured from that day on.

How have you been dealing with all the fan attention? Any crazy fan stories?
    Haha yeah… There have been so many funny stories! I live next to a high school and my roommates had a fun idea to go and check out the local high school football game and just hang and watch a game and eat stadium food. So a group of us went to the game and as soon as I bought my ticket, my buddy got the feeling that someone was following us. He was right. As soon as we got to the hot dog stand, this girl said “ Kellan I love you. Can I have a picture?” She was shaking so much which I thought it was very cute and of course we talked for a bit and took some pictures and we said goodbye. We finally got our food and found seats and all of a sudden groups of kids kept coming up to our seats asking for pictures and autographs and wanting me to sign everything from their jeans to their shoes. It was funny and very flattering; I was barely able to watch the game. I guess I should have thought twice about it being a high school football game … but still, it was a fun night.

The fan attention's fun and I'm very flattered. Everyone I have met has been so kind and sweet. We know what big fans of Twilight they are so we just want to please them as much as we can.

Why should college kids go see Twilight?
    Twilight is an action packed romance movie. It definitely will appeal to college guys with all the action and stunts that we hurt ourselves doing, as well as to the college girls with the great Romeo and Juliet type romance between Edward and Bella. It’s a great movie for any and all ages and gender, plus the cast is extremely talented and fun to watch on screen. The chemistry between everyone is amazing.

What are some of your favorite movies?
    I am obsessed with Fight Club and can’t wait to do a movie like that one day.

What’s your favorite thing to do or place to go on a Saturday Night?

Well my roommates and I have Saturday nights as our game nights, so we usually try and go bowling or to the arcade or play Putt Putt or we just hang at home and play Taboo or Pictionary Man or Phase 10 or Life or Risk… the list goes on and on… Saturday nights are our FUN NIGHTS!

By Carla Thorpe
    AmyHale
    AmyHale

Number of posts : 2738
    Job/hobbies : Kellan's personal bellydancer.
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him Empty Re: Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him

Post  AmyHale Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:22 pm

I LOVE pictionary!!!!!!!!

He is so cute!!! We'll have to shake when we met him, Edi!!! And be a little shy and little diva Laughing
    ediedo
    ediedo

Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him Empty Re: Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him

Post  ediedo Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Me too Amy, me too Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him 437433
    AmyHale
    AmyHale

Post  AmyHale Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:28 pm

He is so adorable!!! I mean, what else can you ask??? besides you get one like him Laughing He is our perfection!
    ediedo
    ediedo

Post  ediedo Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 pm

when I meet him someday probably I couldn't say nothing just staring him like this --> Kellan Lutz interviews for me and Amy and everybody who loves him 438811
    ediedo
    ediedo

Post  ediedo Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Charlotte: Do you think that any aspects of Emmett are like you and if not Emmett who do you think you’re most like out of the books or the movie?

Kellan: Ok, First off I love your accent by the way and I wish I had it and it’s awesome. (charlotte almost hyperventilated at this point everyone.) And to answer your question,do I think that I’m like Emmett? I really think it’s quite amazing to read a book and to read a piece about something someone created and I’ve never really felt this close to a character if that makes sense, during my acting career. And just reading about Emmett and talking to Stephenie about the back story for him, everything he’s about reminds me a lot of myself. So obviously, I’m not just playing Kellan as Emmett you know, I gotta do research and get deeper into the moment but I feel like Emmett is inside of me a lot and it and being able to portray him does come easily and effortless in a way. S out of all the characters I love Emmett, I love being Emmett and the one I would be closest with would be Emmett.

Charlotte: Had you actually read the books or have you read them since you began filming?
    Kellan: Yeah, actually I read them all within a week and a half. And we were doing all our rehearsal’s and whatnot so I was just reading the books. My good friend Ashley she had them, she had all three of them and she read them within like three days, she’s a crazy fast reader and so I had to borrow them and she gave me them. I just read them in my hotel room and I love them. They’re really good books and they’re easy reads. And no wonder everyone is so into them because they just paint such a vivid picture and are such a fantasy ride that it takes the audience with it. So it’s really cool.

Charlotte: Are you surprised at how loved and accepted your characters are at all?
    Kellan: Yeah! To paint a picture I think all of our characters together really makes up a family and if you were to leave one character out big or small, I mean Emmett doesn’t really have that much in the first or second book but I really feel like if he wasn’t that character or if that type of big brother character wasn’t even in any of the books I think there’d be a void. Or some other character would have to step up and be able to portray that. Which I don’t believe Jasper or Edward would have that big brother nature. You know Jasper’s kinda the mysterious one and Edward is the emotional, deep one and I really think that all the characters on their own, I mean I’m glad they’re all accepted and loved. They just build the family everyone needs in a way even in our own personal lives. So I’m really glad that the fans and everyone out there are happy with the cast and are excited to see what we all do with it because that means a lot to us, you know, when we have people rooting for us we can do our best and you know, it’s like playing a ‘four’, when someone is shouting your name like ‘go Kellan, go Kellan! Get a touchdown!’ it makes you wanna try harder. And having all the fans come to set and taking pictures and asking to hang out – it really comforts us cast members because we are a younger generation and a lot of times you aren’t used too like having a fan come to their room or what to even do with it. But we’re all taking it really well and everyone’s being really nice and jovial with us. Not really acting like extreme stalkers you know, but just being like ‘Hey Jackson! What’s up dude? How’d shooting go today?’ some person said that on the street and it was really cool.

Charlotte: I just wish that I’d have gotten over to the states to see some of it filmed because I love the books and I’m really excited but you know, unfortunately I couldn’t.
    Kellan: Awwww! Well you know the second book I know stuff shoots in Italy so may be that’s closer to you.

Charlotte: Yeah maybe I mean that’s only a three hour flight so you never know!
    Kellan: Haha yeah much better than a twelve hour flight!

Charlotte: Ok so next, What’s the craziest or most meaningful thing a fan has done to get your attention?

Kellan: You know what was really funny, when we were shooting in LA actually, the craziest thing was like ‘Hey!” oh wait, what did they say…um, “hey if you bite my neck I’ll give you my baby!” And the mom had her baby there and she was like ‘take my baby! Take my baby! I want a vampire baby! Bite her neck!” It was just the cutest thing. We were all laughing and everyone was really cool. So that was probably the most fun I had with the fans and stuff. I guess the most meaningful thing was, and I know I’ve said this a couple of times, we had the two sweetest girls come up and they found my hotel room, knocked on the door and I opened the door and they were really cool. They were like ‘Emmett?’ and I was like “Hey.” and they were like ‘this is for you.’ and they gave us a big laundry basket for all the cast members from their friends and I think they were from San Francisco. They drove up for their spring break this basket just had letters for each one of us individual cast members saying how much they loved us, and their friends loved us and how much they supported us. And they threw in candy and Powerade’s and water bombs and squirt guns. I mean, to have someone drive that far and to see that passion in their eyes and for them to really fully support us. I mean these girls were like ‘we ran out of gas, we had to push it a little of the way, we had to thumb a couple of cars to get here.…’ you know? Bless their hearts they’re spending money on Powerade’s, candy and gas to drive up and see us. It was really humbling in a way because it’s like ‘do I deserve this? I appreciate it but I wanna give you fans stuff, you know? Thank you for supporting us.’ I remember I got the basket and then I called all my cast mates down and I just told them what happened for a good fifteen minutes and we all opened our cards and read the letters. And we shared the powerade and the candy between each one of us. And we were just together talking about what this is and how meaningful and humble we all feel about it all.

Charlotte: How cool were the baseball scenes to shoot?
    Kellan: I loved them! Oh I loved shooting the baseball scenes! I wish I’d have had the chance to bat. How cool would that have been?! I played baseball in high school and growing up and I had this cool stance growing up, I was really proud of it. And everyone called me ‘K.C up to bat’ but not because I missed the third.. But you know…I just really wish I could have hit the ball. Everyone was really cool and it was fun. Just playing ball and having people hit the ball and going after it. I had some really cool stunts – they put me up in harnesses where I get to catch the ball really, really high in the air, running up a tree and jumping so high in the air and catching the ball and landing before throwing it back vampire speed-like. So, was really a lot of fun. There were a couple of days where the weather just wasn’t co-operating. It would hail, then rain and then stop and then we’d go out there and set up the shot and then it’d start hailing again, then we’d have to go back in. It lasted for like six hours doing that so we up the day. And mind you it’s like 30 degrees outside, 40 degrees we’re wearing baseball gear, it’s not the thickest stuff but I loved it! I loved it. I miss it so much.

Charlotte: What scenes are you looking forward to filming in later movies if they are made?
    Kellan: Um….Instead of ‘if’ let’s say ‘when’ ha-ha. We have to be positive, right?

Charlotte: ha-ha ok, when!…ha-ha when.
    Kellan: ha-ha I’m joking, I’m joking. I really am so excited for the third book. You know, Jasper and Emmett have really cool little fight scenes and I’m really excited to do those and I really hope we get to go that far.

Charlotte: If you could write the ending of ‘Breaking Dawn’, how would you have it all end? (and guys….do not all go OME! Haha cus that’s how I reacted when he answered!)
    Kellan: ahhhh! You see, I’m so biased on how it ends because I know how it ends (!!!!!!!). So I can’t even answer that in a way because what I say might be taken to be truth or false. But I know that the fifth book is being worked on so I don’t want anything to end and I just believe in the love between the characters and I really know it’s endless and I know whatever happens, happens and I know everyone may be surprised but they’ll love it.

Charlotte: Ok awesome! Well that’s actually it. That’s all I’ve got so…
    Kellan: Well it was a pleasure talking to you, thank you so much!

Charlotte: No it was really, really nice talking to you as well. And I just want to wish you the best of luck with whatever else you have coming up in the future and everything. Thank you so much for talking to me Kellan!
    Kellan: Have a good day….or night ha-ha. Where you at right now?
    Charlotte: I’m actually in my room in Manchester in the UK.
    Kellan: Ahhhh! I love Manchester! Manchester is awesome. Manchester United all the way! (>.<)

Charlotte: Oh no! I’m a Chelsea fan! Ha-ha!
    Kellan: Well I Just said that, I mean Beckham’s over here now. But ha-ha, I’ll let you go! Nice talking to you.

Charlotte: Yeah, have a great day! Bye!
    Kellan: Bye Charlotte, take care.
    AmyHale
    AmyHale

Post  AmyHale Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:17 pm

He is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to practice brittish accent Edi!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:48 pm