Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

4 posters

Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse

poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse Empty Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and we all know how much I love to draw the spotlight onto my lovely Jackson every once in a while Very Happy

----------------------------

We don’t need to have our emotions influenced to know that Jasper Hale Whitlock is one of Stephenie Meyer’s greatest creations. A 166-year-old Civil War veteran whose transformation and redemption is a key theme in the later “Twilight” novels, the character has long been a fan favorite. Which made it all the more appropriate when the franchise landed Jackson Rathbone, a 24-year-old actor/musician whose affable, easygoing charm has made him equally popular in Twilight Nation.Recently, we caught up with Jackson as he was preparing to begin work on “Eclipse,” the currently filming third chapter in the blockbuster saga. What follows are some major plot revelations from the next two films — including his fight scene with Kellan Lutz, exposing Japer’s powers earlier than you might think and how to kill one of David Slade’s newborn vampires.

MTV: Jackson, what are you most looking forward to shooting in the next film?

Jackson Rathbone: I’m really excited to start filming “Eclipse.” I got a chance to read the script, and we get to go back into Jasper’s backstory. They actually had to ask me about my equestrian experience. I told them I can gallop and trot and all that. I used to ride. It’s been two or three years since I’ve been on a horse, but I’m excited to get back up on the saddle.

MTV: So we’re going to get to Jasper’s Civil War backstory?

Rathbone: Yes, I get to shoot some Civil War stuff, and I’m also going to shoot a lot of fighting scenes. Which is great, because I just came off [M. Night Shyamalan's] “The Last Airbender,” and I’ve been doing fighting for the last six months. So I’m ready to keep it on.

MTV: What kind of moves will you be pulling off? Just shooting guns? Obviously, it won’t be highly-stylized martial arts stuff.

Rathbone: No, it won’t be karate, it won’t be kung fu, like the stuff we’re doing in “Airbender.” But even in “Airbender,” the fighting styles I was doing were a little bit more loose, like street fighting. And that’s kind of what this is; it’s about evading.

MTV: Why is that?

Rathbone: Well, we’re talking about newborn vampires that can’t control their urges — they can’t really think very quickly. So if you just let them go to their instincts and evade and attack them from side to side, you could get them; but if you try and go after them through force, they’re going to win every time. So it’s all about evasion.

MTV: Are there training scenes in “Eclipse” along these lines?

Rathbone: It’s interesting; there’s a lot of cool scenes where Jasper trains the Cullen family on how to fight the newborns. He gets to train Emmett — and Emmett is a born fighter — so he’s telling Emmett all these techniques, and Emmett thinks he could just best Jasper [during their sparring]. Jasper ends up getting the best of him, because it’s a war mentality, not just a street brawl. It’s about thinking ahead; it’s a chess game.

MTV: Cool. Will we see the scene where Jasper gets bitten?

Rathbone: Oh yeah, we have to see that. It’s going to be great. I’ve been studying up a lot on the Civil War and that era. It really was a crazy time. It was all-out war on our own turf and between countrymen. That’s terrible. It’s an interesting time to see when Jasper was actually human and what his human form was and, when he gets turned, how intense and how dark he is. Then [we'll see] his realization of what he’s become, him finding Alice and being redeemed by love.

MTV: And is that the first time we’ll see your powers?

Rathbone: Actually, in “New Moon,” we get a little glimpse. Inside the school.

MTV: How was it to film scenes where you were influencing the emotions of those around you?

Rathbone: It was fun. I just played it very naturally, like, if you have these special powers — like Edward has the ability to read minds — it’s not like he’s going to [get overly dramatic] and go, “You’re hungry!” No, it’s a natural thing, like the human ability to smell or to hear is a natural ability. To affect the mental state of anyone around you [I depicted Jasper as] keeping it all right in the eyes. Just thinking it and transferring it through the eyes, which are the windows to the soul — even to the soulless.

MTV: And will it be clear to the audience that this emotion-manipulation is going on?

Original Link
    ediedo
    ediedo
    Vampire Cullenate Extraordinaire

Number of posts : 1626
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse Empty Re: Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse

Post  ediedo Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:47 pm

He told a lot things about Eclipse and Jasper's caraster, I just can't wait for Eclipse, because of Jasper and Emett too. ^^ Smile
    tnaks Ally I love you
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 9302
    Job/hobbies : Reading, writing, sleeping, music, etc.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse Empty Re: Jackson talks about Jasper's back story in Eclipse

Post  TheRealBella Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:17 pm

YAY! I can't wait. So awesome.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm

eclipse is going to be AWESOME!
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm

and, why the hale is jasper in the school in new moon!? he graduated!
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:28 pm

yeah they now have him graduating with Alice and Edward for some odd reason.

Oh and you're welcome Edi. I have heaps more Jackson stuff to post up on here when I get some time Very Happy
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:29 pm

WHAT?! Why!? That's all wrong.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 pm

I have no idea, love. Its weird. But it gives me more Jackson time so I'm cool with it Razz
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 pm

True, but I hate when they change random stuff like that.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 pm

It doesn't make any sense.
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:32 pm

I know. There's no reason for him to stay at school. Well, there was Alice's vision in Eclipse, but Jasper doesn't need to be there for it.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 pm

that makes sense, actually. i always wondered why jasper was with them on the field trip in twilight! but that is SUCH a stupid thing to change, because it doesn't MATTER!
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Post  TheRealBella Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:35 pm

I know! That annoyed me, but it's really cute how Jasper gives Alice a flower, so I don't mind.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:59 pm

Oh yeah they already moved Jasper into their year. Which makes no sense if him and Rose are meant to be twins but I guess they didn't mention that in the film so it works. Kinda. But if jasper and Alice were on the field trip for Biology, why aren't he or Alice in their biology labs, like when Edward and bella first talk and stuff?
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:51 pm

they probably have it a different period.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Yeah I guess American classes work differently to UK ones. It's still weird though, I maintain.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:54 pm

haha i don't know how it works there? but in high school sometimes there were too many people to fit in a required class, so they'd have to make two of them. like for example, i had government 5th hour my senior year. there was also a government class 1st hour. that kind of thing.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:56 pm

yeah that doesn't really work like that here. the year is split into 'forms classes' of like 25, and you sit all your classes together in that one group. Apart from maths and science in which case, they mix the forms up so they can have a top class, an intermediate class, and a bottom class.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:10 pm

i WISH they did that here! i always got stuck with the stupid people in classes.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Oh thats not fun Sad
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:14 pm

urgh! it wasnt! and the teachers would always call on me, because i was the only one who would EVER know the answers. and everyone wanted to work with me. it was horrible!
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Urgh I would totally hate that!!! I guess UK schools got one thing right atleast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 am