Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

Catherine Hardwicke Hopes To Reunite With 'Twilight' Stars

magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Catherine Hardwicke Hopes To Reunite With 'Twilight' Stars Empty Catherine Hardwicke Hopes To Reunite With 'Twilight' Stars

Post  magic Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Under the watchful eye and creative mind of director Catherine Hardwicke, "Twilight" stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have gone from virtual unknowns to superstar celebrities. And if Hardwicke has her way, the trio not only have a past and present together, but a future as well.

"There's a few projects in the future that I hope we get to work together on," Hardwicke revealed to us on the red carpet of Hollywood Life's Young Hollywood Awards. "We'll see."

The red-hot filmmaker with the largest opening weekend for any female director was in attendance to pick up a Dream Director award, just one week after "Twilight" dominated the MTV Movie Awards. "We had fun that night," she laughed. "Lots of yummy popcorn!"

When we spoke with her recently, she listed the four high-profile projects she's developing as KStew and RPattz continue work on the "Twilight" saga. "We've got 'Maximum Ride,' " she said. "That's a really wild, big-action fantasy film with bird kids. Then I have a cool project at Overture with Emile Hirsch that's a modern retelling of 'Hamlet' — a very radical version. And then at Summit, we have 'If I Stay,' which is another really nice novel that we're adapting."

According to Hardwicke, she's planning to solicit Pattinson and/or Stewart for roles in the fantasy films "Ride" and "Stay."

"Some of the projects I'm doing, they would be in a completely different world — actually, sometimes even in a different time period," Hardwicke said of the two films, which could return Stewart and Pattinson to the young-adult-fantasy realm that made them famous. "That would be fun. I'd love to do a number on them and transform them."

"Maximum Ride" is based on a series of James Patterson novels telling the story of six teens who are genetically altered to become part bird and part human. "If I Stay" seems particularly suitable for Stewart, since it tells the story of a 17-year-old musician named Mia. A huge fan of music, KStew will soon play Joan Jett in the film "The Runaways."

Recently, Hardwicke took MTV for a rare tour inside her house, where she cast Stewart and Pattinson after a particularly sultry audition on her bed. And while speaking to us Sunday night, she once again marveled at how far the duo have come since those early days.

"They've definitely gotten more and more confident in themselves. Obviously, that day was awkward — to just meet somebody, and then you need to kiss them right then. And especially because Kristen had to kiss three other guys, poor thing," she laughed. "I think that they've become more self-confident and strong with the camera. And they're just beautiful and blossoming. They've always been very deep. They always go deep into their characters and care about it. Their core is the same."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1613475/story.jhtml

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:08 pm