Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+4
LaughingMan
twiheart
LiONLAMBxox
trizn
8 posters

I put the blame on you...

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

I put the blame on you... Empty I put the blame on you...

Post  trizn Sun May 17, 2009 6:55 am

I'm blaming SM for having fans create Team Edward & Team Jake. Also, for making it seem like the fans are "fighting" with each other who's the better guy... the Jake hate all over the world. If she didn't make it seem like Bella was two-timing Edward & making Jake such a pathetic jerk in Eclipse & didn't make his POV in BD & imprint on Nessie, then the world would have been a happy place. No Jake hate. No Edward bashing. No blaming Bella for falling for Jake & hurting Edward, too.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

I put the blame on you... Empty Re: I put the blame on you...

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun May 17, 2009 1:28 pm

dude, i love the team thing! i agree, its all stephenie! but it wouldnt be the same saga if it wasnt the way that it is.
    twiheart
    twiheart
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 460
    Job/hobbies : makeup...and Twilight Saga :)
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  twiheart Sun May 17, 2009 5:13 pm

thats true, the team thing is what makes the book i think, the rivalry, i mean, if the book didnt have 2 completely opposite supernatural enemies fighting for one incredibly weak girl, i dont know what i would have made of the books...

but it does such that everyone hates Jacob so much...because Jacob is a GREAT guy...the things he does is things he does out of love...and because he was hurt, for always being second choice to Bella but never the first. I can honestly feel for him...and it sucks that SM branded him some pathetic immature boy whos really rude and stuff...even if she didnt mean too, everyone thinks Jacob is the bad guy, and Edward is the good guy, when really, they are BOTH good guys!!

ugh...this is why i am TEAM SWITZ ALL THE WAY!!

:kungfu2:
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2009-05-10

Post  LaughingMan Sun May 17, 2009 5:34 pm

You know, I blame Meyer for creating these teams by actually endorsing them. It's fine to write a book about a love triangle - heck, a lot of romance novels are, these days. But to happily let people scrap over their favourite when you've clearly got your own as the author (author is the stem of the word authority, remember - you're the one controlling what happens) seems a bit silly to me.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun May 17, 2009 6:20 pm

I know the saga wouldn't be the same if she didn't include Jake rivalry in it. BUT- did she have to make it look like Jake as a trickster? She could've made him a "perfect" guy, too. That would've been a challenge for Edward. Although, I still don't like how people keep insisting he is "perfect", hence the quote marks.

I also blame SM for making me feel like she shoved Edward to the side, in BD. Wasn't it supposed to have been a Bella AND Edward story?!? Not Bella and Jake!!! She could've made Edward's POV as the 2nd book. That way, she didn't have to write Midnight Sun. Ughhh!!!

Just saying... Don't get me wrong. I love SM. If not for her, I won't have my beloved Edward (Jake, Jasper, etc... for you, others). I just felt like it was unfair to Edward. He was half of the main character (Bella as the other half). And I personally think she was confused herself on how the saga would end. But I don't think she's Team Swiss. Her writing Jake's POV in the LAST/FINAL installation, made it clear who she loved more. Grrrrr... She should've stuck to Edward AND Bella. I mean come on, look at what she did to Leah. Writing Jake's POV only made it more complicated & confusing.

Here I thought Edward would finally get to air his side in the LAST book. But NOOOOOO!!! She had Edward stay in the corner to give way to someone else. And that Bella seemed to think that way, too.

Aaaaahhhh!!! I'm not yet done with my ranting! Grrrr... I'm gonna go watch Twilight again, just to calm myself... I need Edward-time...
    twiheart
    twiheart
    Newborn Vampire Cullenate

Number of posts : 460
    Job/hobbies : makeup...and Twilight Saga :)
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Post  twiheart Sun May 17, 2009 6:22 pm

i agree alphonse, its like...we all know shes Team Edward...i mean, of course shes gonna be Team Edward, she created him and made him the perfect creature and so handsome and just PERFECT!!!....

then she made Jacob...the whinny, rude, immature, young enemy of the perfect creature, even tho, the things Jacob does is completely NORMAL and is REALISTIC! but she made it seem like its a BAD thing to be so rude and smug, but its not, when you love someone, your gonna do whatever it takes to win that person, and your going to wanna kick your opponents as$!

it just sucks that people talk all this crap about Jacob when he is the most realistic character, and he always gets the short end of the stick, its always his heart that is breaking, and no one seems to feel a little remorse for him Sad
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2009-05-10

Post  LaughingMan Sun May 17, 2009 6:42 pm

twiheart wrote:i agree alphonse, its like...we all know shes Team Edward...i mean, of course shes gonna be Team Edward, she created him and made him the perfect creature and so handsome and just PERFECT!!!....

then she made Jacob...the whinny, rude, immature, young enemy of the perfect creature, even tho, the things Jacob does is completely NORMAL and is REALISTIC! but she made it seem like its a BAD thing to be so rude and smug, but its not, when you love someone, your gonna do whatever it takes to win that person, and your going to wanna kick your opponents as$!

You missed my point, I think. I intended to say that Meyer, having created two very different characters that are each merited by their own strengths and weaknesses and each deserving of a mention, she's happy to let people focus on just the one and ignore the other, whichever their choice may be. It's cheapening the message of the novel.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 am

Alphonse wrote:
    twiheart wrote:i agree alphonse, its like...we all know shes Team Edward...i mean, of course shes gonna be Team Edward, she created him and made him the perfect creature and so handsome and just PERFECT!!!....

You missed my point, I think. I intended to say that Meyer, having created two very different characters that are each merited by their own strengths and weaknesses and each deserving of a mention, she's happy to let people focus on just the one and ignore the other, whichever their choice may be. It's cheapening the message of the novel.
    Exactly. The love story of Edward & Bella is overshadowed by Teams "arguing" who's the better man. Ugh... And it makes me feel like I've been forced to defend Edward everytime... Why can't we just live in perfect harmony? It's just like me & Ben. You can say Ben is not a lovable guy or whatever the stuff Team Jacob says about Edward, but I will still side with Ben. And the same with Ten & Troy, etc...
    TheRealBella
    TheRealBella
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 9302
    Job/hobbies : Reading, writing, sleeping, music, etc.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Post  TheRealBella Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I completely agree. I think SM is a good author, but she needs to think things through a little bit before she writes. Like she said that she was so close to Jacob's character and all this crap. Couldn't she have put some Jake in there without totally screwing stuff up and causing all the drama with Team Edward/Team Jacob?
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:15 pm

I totally agree that the team arguing takes away from the story, but i didnt know about the team crap unitl the movie came out and i had read the books way before that, so it was good i got to enjoy the story for what it was, and i was always for Jacob, and was always bugged by Edward. But i didnt really put a second thought into it, until some people started ripping on Jacob, saying he ruined everything and blah blah, so i stuck up for Jacob since he was my fav character, and from there it has all escalated. I just dont get people saying that Jacob should be less of a problem for Bella and Edward - but the way i see it is that the series wouldnt be a series without Jacob, it would have been the one book, i mean, you cannot read a 4 book saga that is all happiness and roses, how boring would that be?...exactly VERY boring. So Jacob made the books last longer and he was a great character, so of course i defend him all the time...and i am totally Team Jacob, but for some people who read the books after the movie came out, i dont know, i dont think they are getting the right feel from the story.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 pm

haha i agree that jake was important, but they definately could have had four books without the love triangle. they would have been way different... not so sure id like that, but it could be done. jake/bella/edward isnt the biggest conflict in ANY of the books... volterra, victoria, and nessie and the volturi could have all happened with out jake with a little tweaking. i LIKE it the way it is, but im just saying... it COULD be 4 books without jake.
    Pretty_Twisted
    Pretty_Twisted
    Jake's REAL Imprintee
    Jake's REAL Imprintee

Number of posts : 8890
    Location : With Jacob, as always, nice and warm, and very naked in his bed.
    Job/hobbies : Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner, Jacob Black, Taylor Lautner
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post  Pretty_Twisted Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:14 am

Yeah maybe, but it wouldnt have had much to fill in the time when they werent talking about Victoria and stuff...I just think Jake added to the realistic side of the drama in the books....Ok, i know, i am a little biased since i am in love with him...lol...
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:12 pm

haha no i agree! but i was just saying it could have been done without it lol.
    EdwardRoxMySox
    EdwardRoxMySox
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post  EdwardRoxMySox Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 am

i like the team things. it is adds fun to the books, but i do agree it has taken away from the love story a bit. but hey it is still fun. i like nothing better on boring days then debating with hardcore team jacob members. lolz.
    magic
    magic
    Royal Cullenate
    Royal Cullenate

Number of posts : 3968
    Job/hobbies : being magic
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post  magic Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

I think fans are those who made all that team thing. Love triangle is ok. The story is as old as world. Ok, almost lol but this is the first time I hear about Team thing. Let's see... When I was watching Saved By The Bell I never heard Team Zac or Team Slater lol what else? When I played Blood Wedding, I read a lot of things about the story etc but I never read anything about Team Bridegroom or Team Leonardo (although I would be Team Leonardo for sure lol). I can't think about any other love triangle right now after sleepless night lol

But I do blame Stephenie for making Twilight that keeps me sleepless during nightimes lol Razz
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:03 am

magic wrote:But I do blame Stephenie for making Twilight that keeps me sleepless during nightimes lol Razz
    I agree, Lazzy. Especially when I start fantasizing about a certain vampire named Edward Cullen. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:34 am