Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

+2
Mizz Lola Marie Efron
trizn
6 posters

Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM...

trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM... Empty Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM...

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 am

We left a very interesting debate in eachdata about SK's comment about SM. Let's continue it here.
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Number of posts : 1313
    Job/hobbies : Music and Singing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-16

Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM... Empty Re: Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM...

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:27 am

Psh, SK doesn't know what he's talking about. He practially critizes every author, when he's not the best himself. I mean, you know that story, It? Really. Sooo HIS pathetic story about some evil clown is BETTER than Twilight? Really? Sorry for the rant.
    trizn
    trizn

Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM... Empty Re: Let's continue the discussion about SK & SM...

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:42 am

Maybe what he wants is to scare people, really. That's his mission in life. I know, as a writer, he can critique other people's works. To say SM cannot write a darn is like saying she has no right to be a writer. And who is he to mean that? His word is not the law. He didn't invent literature, for crying out loud. Ahh..whatever. :tease:
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 am

I guess I am a huge SM supporter and I just rly hate when ppl try to make fun of her or say negative things. I get super defensive whenever that happens so watch out, lol XD. I wish we had a kung-fu smiley. lol!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:49 am

LOL. I'm actually looking for more smileys. I guess this will do for now: :blowup:
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:56 am

LOL. Try to find that kung-fu smiley. That would be awesome! XDD
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:09 am

Ooooh..yes. I found a KungFu Smiley :kungfu2:
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:17 am

Oh hale yes!!!!!!!!
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:30 am

Now we are ready for battle. LOL. :shoot
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 am

We are prepared!!! :sword
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:53 am

Stephen King's IT--> clown
    Stephenie's Edward--> :eamc:

Now who looks fab?!?!
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 am

Yeah, bring it SK! :blowup:
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 am

clown = :puke:

:worship: :eamc: = Drool
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 am

:eamc: = :heartmonitor:
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Number of posts : 12661
    Job/hobbies : Stalking my husband of course!

Post  poisoned_rose Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:13 pm

I posted a long opinion on this on eachdata but I can't be bothered to dig it up lol.

I just don't see whhat the big deal is. A critic slated SM. Big deal. Its just his opinion - ok he could have worded it better. But SK is blunt by nature. Just by him saying SM can't write doesn't make it true. And to be fair SM's writing does have some big flaws. I love her story and her characterisation is some of the best I've come across in a while. But the actual wording of things is sometimes very awkward. Sorry to sound like an anti silent
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 pm

poisoned_rose wrote:I posted a long opinion on this on eachdata but I can't be bothered to dig it up lol.

I just don't see whhat the big deal is. A critic slated SM. Big deal. Its just his opinion - ok he could have worded it better. But SK is blunt by nature. Just by him saying SM can't write doesn't make it true. And to be fair SM's writing does have some big flaws. I love her story and her characterisation is some of the best I've come across in a while. But the actual wording of things is sometimes very awkward. Sorry to sound like an anti silent

He is entitiled to his own opinion, but to actually say she can't write worth a darn? Uncalled for. What makes his story so much better?
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:44 pm

i agree with all of you guys to a point. stephen king is allowed to have his own opinion, and he's allowed to dislike stephenie's writing. but the way he did it was what bothered me. its one thing to say that her writing has some grammer issues and that you aren't very fond of the story line.... or something like that. its a totally other thing to say that someone can't write worth a darn. king crossed the line of what is appropriate. just because he is a great writer does not give him the right to be rude about the writing of others. i personally do not like king's stories, but i CAN appriciate that they are well written and that they might appeal to a certain audience. i don't know why king couldn't do the same. and THAT'S what makes me think he was doing it for the publicity. a simple, i don't really like twilight, but i can see how some people would would not have been nearly a big a deal as what he did say.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Fair enough. But again thats his opinion. He's stating it like a fact but it can't be because writing preference is subjective. My mind just automatically translated that to mean he doesn't like her writing. Maybe thats just me. But thats why it never offended me. Because I never saw it as a stated fact.
    His stories aren't better imo, but his writing is I have to admit. his sentence structure and vocabulary is a lot more mature. But it did take him a while to get that experience so SM still has a while to go. But I think thats the point he was making. That she is still inexperienced and thus at this point isn't a fantastic writer. Who better to know that than someone who was in that exact same position years ago. He's saying that the hype she's gotten is not in relation to her talent and I have to say I agree.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 pm

poisoned_rose wrote:Fair enough. But again thats his opinion. He's stating it like a fact but it can't be because writing preference is subjective. My mind just automatically translated that to mean he doesn't like her writing. Maybe thats just me. But thats why it never offended me. Because I never saw it as a stated fact.
    His stories aren't better imo, but his writing is I have to admit. his sentence structure and vocabulary is a lot more mature. But it did take him a while to get that experience so SM still has a while to go. But I think thats the point he was making. That she is still inexperienced and thus at this point isn't a fantastic writer. Who better to know that than someone who was in that exact same position years ago. He's saying that the hype she's gotten is not in relation to her talent and I have to say I agree.

i agree with you to a point... but i just don't see how saying someone can't write with a darn can equal saying that she's inexperienced. those seem totally different to me.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Its just the way SK writes. Basically you kind of have to treat him like a teenage boy. When they say somethings alright in that sulky tone, it normally means its awesome. So when SK says she can't write, he means she can't write YET. An over exaggeration on his part maybe, but there is a basis in truth. He just dragged the point to an extreme.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Post  LiONLAMBxox Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:30 pm

haha alright. i guess i kind of understand. not that i agree with what he said. but i understand i guess. mr. king should probably just grow up a bit.
    poisoned_rose
    poisoned_rose
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor
    Mrs. Cullen-Hale-Taylor

Post  poisoned_rose Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Yeah he probably should lol. He's a little strange.
    trizn
    trizn

Post  trizn Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 am

I'm thinking now, that he just said that for publicity. But look where it got him?
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    Mizz Lola Marie Efron
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy
    The Kick-Ass Vampire Spy

Post  Mizz Lola Marie Efron Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:36 am

trizn wrote:I'm thinking now, that he just said that for publicity. But look where it got him?

That's an actually very interesting theory and quite plausible XD
    JOSEPHINE !
    JOSEPHINE !
    Human Cullenate

Number of posts : 79
    Job/hobbies : Watching Skins. Writing.
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  JOSEPHINE ! Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:35 am

Lol, sorry to jump in this again... I just wanted to comment on what Lola said. I don't want anymore sparks to fly. xD
    He is entitiled to his own opinion, but to actually say she can't write worth a darn? Uncalled for. What makes his story so much better?
    I don't really recall King comparing his stories to hers. If someone has published a book, every remark they make about a certain story - whether good or bad - doesn't mean they are comparing the published work to their own. I happen to dislike Meyer's writing, but I'm not saying mine is much better.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 am