Edward Anthony Cullen Headquarters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME OF THE COLD ONES & PERSONAL SPACE HEATERS

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 66144 messages in 1196 subjects

We have 110 registered users

The newest registered user is djcarnation

Royal Cullenates on Twitter

2 posters

*Subject* Know your history.

LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

*Subject*  Know your history. Empty *Subject* Know your history.

Post  LiONLAMBxox Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:29 pm

hahaha i dont claim to be an expert, but here are some fun facts centered around the times of our favorite vampires off the top of my head... (REMEMBER off the TOP OF MY HEAD) if i think of more ill post them. as vampires we can live forever if we're careful. its important to know history so as we dont re-make the same mistakes.

-Before it became the Roman Empire, the Etruscans were in power in Rome. The Romans decided that they didnt like the way that they were being treated by the Etruscans, so the recruited their neighbors to help them take out their Etruscan oppressors. The Etruscans came into power around 753 BCE and were defeated by the Romans around 200 years later. This, according to Alice, was around the time the Volturi took over Volterra. 510 BCEish.

-This doesnt have much to do with Twilight but i love Rome.... I dont know if you guys know this, because most people dont... but Rome was split into two different time periods. There was the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire. Rome was the first republic. Republic comes from the Latin Res=thing and publica=people... therefore its the thing of the people. The Roman Republic ended with the Punic Wars against Carthridge around 137 BCE. The Roman Empire eventually declines around 410 CE (those dates might be off....)

-Oliver Cromwell was known as the Lord High Protector of England (something like that anyways). Cromwell came into power around the time that Carlisle was born.

-In 1918, after the end of the Great War (WWI) a flu epidemic spread throughout much of the world. It took the lives of around 70,000 people. Edward was one.
    trizn
    trizn
    Spunk Ransom's Flair Hostage

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

*Subject*  Know your history. Empty Re: *Subject* Know your history.

Post  trizn Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I recall the Volturi being the Night Patrons of the Art. I guess anything to do with art, I remember. The paintings in Carlisle study also depict how he started & I would actually like to see a live rendition of those paintings so I'll be able to know which art period it belonged to (Baroque, Rococo, Post impressionism...etc.), thus knowing around what time they (vampires) existed.
    LiONLAMBxox
    LiONLAMBxox
    Runs With Vampires
    Runs With Vampires

Number of posts : 11705

Post  LiONLAMBxox Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:25 am

that would be really cool! i imagine that the SOME member of the volturi was a good artist lol. or maybe they just went to someone.
    trizn
    trizn

Number of posts : 5041
    Location : Mt. Olympus being sandwiched by Percy, Patch and Edward♥♥♥
    Job/hobbies : Cullenate Jury

Post  trizn Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 am

If anyone of the Volturi was an artist, I'd say it was Aro. IDK, he just seems like the moody type. You don't know when he'll be nice or bad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm